Brian M.
11/23/2020
No masks
Brought in a vehicle recently for brake work and have no issue with the job, but I was not happy that owner/employee at the counter was not wearing a mask when I dropped off the vehicle and when I picked it up. I don't understand how a place of business, especially one that greets their customers in a very small enclosed area, and interacts with people all day, cannot take this simple precaution to protect their customers.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 11/24/2020

Sorry to hear about your negative feedback, we are very sorry that our 4 by 8 foot plexi glass counter divider was not up to your standards, as we take all possible measures to protect ourselves and most importantly our customers.

Volkswagen Passat
08/31/2020
Lack of communication
This place lacks the proper communication I need in a mechanic. This last time I took it in, they repaired a part of my car without even consulting me first! That’s dirty! Might I add, the part that they fixed was not what was going wrong with my car.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 08/31/2020

spoke with Cassie, explained to her with more detail again on why we replaced the broken / missing valve which was creating a large vacuum leak in the system and had to be replaced first in order to move forward with properly diagnosing the other 10 engine codes. Hopefully the additional explaination helped her understand more.

Ryan B.
06/05/2020
Best auto shop around
Excellent service and great family. Always strive to make sure the job was done right.

Dana S.
INFINITI G37 Coupe
09/04/2019
Easy to set up and appointment. They were on time and delivered exactly what I asked for .... positive interactions from the start

HS
Heather S.
Chevrolet Cobalt
08/08/2019
Honest
They are honest and fair. I would not take my cars anywhere else

Matt S.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
01/09/2019
Thanks for doing a great job at a reasonable price d

Debbie G.
Volkswagen Jetta
09/08/2017
There was this foam like sticky stuff on my seats, in my air vents and my mat had some kind of stuff on it?
This is the third time something like this has happened. I don't like saying things like this but I thought this could help in a review.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 09/12/2017

Spoke with Debbie, we are not really sure what the foam pieces she was picking out of her vents are. Informed her that we were in the engine bay replacing a Coolant Outlet and shouldn't have anything to do with foam getting into her vents, would like her to stop in so maybe we can see what she has going on. As far as stuff on seats and mat, our technicians always use seat covers and floor mats to avoid stuff getting on seats, but if there is something that needs to get cleaned up we will be more than happy to take care of it for Debbie.

ROY M.
New Berlin, WI
08/14/2017
Disappointed
Had a good experience with Weissman auto until recently.
I spent between $600 and $700 there trying to get the car to run smoothly and erase thee check engine light from coming on,
Upon picking up the car the engine light was still on but they said I was mainly there just to get the car running right..
I left it there one more day and came in the next morning to pick it up and the battery was dead.
Upon further communication I was told it was my starter.
I decided to fix it myself . Replaced the battery .Starter was never an issue.
Oh yeah, the check engine light is still on.
Very unprofessional .Will not go back.
Wish the owner would have been there .Nice guy from the few time Ive met him.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 08/16/2017

Roy came in with his 1987 Chevy Corvette that had a hesitation upon acceleration, we were able to diagnose the issue and fix his hesitation problem, he was then informed that the check engine light is still coming on due to possible wiring issues that would need further diagnostics ( Roy DECLINED further work or more diagnostics as long as his hesitation issue was gone and he was also informed that the check engine light will be back on ) not sure where the confusion is but he was aware the light will be back on. As far as Roys NO START problem, we informed Roy that the battery may be weak and need replacing due to the fact it went dead a few times for us during diagnostics to find hesitation issue. When Roy came to pick up his vehicle it was dead, he then stated he has been having this problem and said "it would sometimes click a few times and then sometimes start" we never told him it needed a new starter, after he explained that we told him that sounds like a possible starter issue based off his description of his problem.... again not sure where the confusion is ?

Beverly B.
Milwaukee, WI
04/12/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Michael. He said he was charged for a wire plug that was not fixed.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 05/01/2017

Called and spoke with Michael, He was just confused ( not knowing much about cars he said ) as to what we replaced, after showing him what we replaced he then realized he was looking at a different wire that was unrelated to the spark plugs and spark plug wires that we replaced.

HS
Heidi S.
Hyundai Santa Fe
10/19/2016 Category: Service
Heidi said back in January they replaced her air compressor for over $1,000. She did not use her air conditioner until June and it worked for a month. In July, it stopped working and they told her it was faulty. It stopped working again in August and they replaced the seal. It worked again for about a month and then two weeks ago the air compressor broke again. She spoke with the owner and he told her it was not his fault and it was the manufacturer's fault, which she thinks is not correct. She has had the vehicle back a few days and is not sure if the third air compressor is going to last but there is no need for air conditioner use right now. She will never use them again.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 10/21/2016

Unfortunately parts do fail, even new parts.. as they did in this case. All parts and labor were covered under warranty with no additional charges to customer. We tried to explain to Heidi that parts do fail and stated to her that we do not make the parts, but we stand behind our service and parts 100% as we did in this case.

AD
Anthony D.
Wisconsin
Pontiac G6
12/25/2015 Category: Service
Anthony said he was told $80 to have his vehicle checked for a problem. An hour later, they still could not tell him what was wrong but he still had to pay.
Rick W. from Weissman Automotive responded on 12/28/2015

The $80.00 ( hourly service rate )  that you authorized was for the first hour of diagnostics which was completed, at that time you were advised of further electrical system repair needed that would have costed more, you declined further repair. If there is anything we can explain better for you or do please let us know.

Tyler B.
Hubertus, WI
Pontiac Bonneville
06/26/2015 Category: Service
Tyler said he told the mechanic that his windows needed to be rolled up because it was going to be a bad night and he was assured they would be. He passed by the next morning and the windows were down. He had also asked to have his battery jumped and he was told they would. An hour before he came to pick up his vehicle, he called and asked had it been jumped. He was told it was. When he got there, the mechanic had the cords going under his seat. He was not very competent to know that it had to go on the battery so his vehicle could not even take a jump. So he lied about that as well and he will not recommend this facility to anyone.

Debbie L.
Slinger, WI
12/03/2020
I wish I found this service center 35 years ago. They have permanently repaired issues other centers could not. They are always fair and do the job right once. We have now used there services for 5 years and have always been very happy.

Jill P.

Nick G.
Sussex, WI
Chrysler Town & Country LWB
11/28/2020 Category: Service
Nick said he's been a customer there for quite awhile. Always great service. He's very impressed with them.