DA
Debra A.
11/22/2020
Earnestness, caring, professionalism, consistency, trustworthiness, excellence. Thank you.
I appreciate West Escondido Automotive and Transmission because I am always treated with courtesy and respect. I can rely on the good folks of West Escondido Automotive to provide excellent, reliable service in a timely manner. I also very much appreciate their shuttle service which makes leaving and picking up one's car very convenient. Thank you, West Escondido Automotive for another great experience!

BN
Ben N.
11/20/2020
Honest, integrity, quality work
I had taken my truck to a shop (I won't name) because It was leaking coolant and oil. The shop did an inspection and said it was the head gasket leaking coolant and looked like the oil was coming from the timing cover and oil pressure switch. They don't do that kind of work so I called around. One call led me to West Escondido Automotive and Transmission and I'm glad it did. I first talked with Scott and later with Matt to get a price for the above mentioned issues. I took the truck in and left it for the repairs that would be $2400. Matt ended up calling me and let me know they did a test of their own on the cooling system. He found it was not the head gasket , but the upper radiator hose, thermostat housing that was leaking. This was great news. He then asked to do a dye test on the oil to see where that leak was actually coming from. I agreed. He found after the test the oil was coming from a faulty oil filter. More great news. If it wasn't for Matt, I would be out $2400. They are a honest company and do the right thing and are not out to do unnecessary work. They saved me $1600. I am grateful to have found them and they will continue to get my business. Thank you Matt

PJ
Peter J.
Hyundai Tucson
11/20/2020
Great
Professional, courteous, and speedy!

GG
Greg G.
Cadillac Escalade
11/19/2020
All my vehicles are under they're care. From general upkeep to major transmission rebuild. They have always been straight forward with informing me on the mechanical problems and pricing. They are not pushy , and honest. Everything they've fixed , stays fixed.

John S.
11/15/2020
I have found a new home for my auto service
After having to look for another service center for my vehicle, I decided to try West Escondido Automotive and Transmission. I was thoroughly pleased with the outstanding and knowledgeable service representatives and the quality of the completed service and maintenance that they performed on my vehicle. Outstanding!

11/02/2020
Excellent Service!
Great job and excellent service! Very knowledgeable, handled my car with great care!

Darryl M.
Volkswagen Vanagon
10/30/2020
1986 VW Vanagon
Excellent service, great communication. They take time to ask pertinent questions to get at the problem and recommend a course of action. I tried many service shops and they are the first to take such time. Most shops just tell you to bring it in. I brought it in to one shop and had it for 2 weeks and could not solve my problem. West Escondido found it and fixed it in 2 days. I was thinking an engine rebuild, West Escondido found the problem was a 30 dollar part.
I feel communication is very important, these guys got it.

Teresa / Phil M.
10/28/2020
We have been taking all 3 of our cars to West Escondido automotive for years and we have always had excellent service- the guys who work there are great

Ruthie M.
10/26/2020
Why I Like This Place So Much
The Bowersox brothers used to do the local AM radio station “Car Talk” equivalent program on Saturday morning each week. I liked the vibe I heard listening to them talk to callers, explaining things, and discussing things with each other. I really started to take notice when my new in 2015 car started to approach the end of its warranty period. I was tired of driving to the dealer in Temecula anyway.
One morning while driving an icon lit up my dash. I was on my way to produce a party at my medical clinic for one of the departments I’d been patronizing a lot as of late. Only a small panic set in. It wasn’t flashing, so I decided I could deal with it after the party. There are no coincidences, but my way between home and the clinic passed by the shop. I made plans to go home with a stop by the shop to introduce myself, and get an initial understanding of what that strange icon meant.
The short version is that I felt welcome in the shop, they told me the icon was a picture of a squished tire and meant I had low tire pressure, and they aired up my tires. They were already full up for the day with customers, so I made an appointment for the following week to begin doing the things that were needing doing. Going home I felt great! The immediate problem was small enough to take care of immediately, and I’d finally taken the step to get a regular shop instead of a dealer signed on to take care of future needs.
The service writers at the front desk remembered me today even though I had a mask on and hadn’t been by in a year. At the rate I accrue mileage, it just doesn’t need much done for it, not very often anyway.
A part of the shop’s business plan is to provide customers a complimentary shuttle from the garage to the waiting spot of their choice for the duration of the time it takes to do the work on the day’s agenda, and to pick them up to return to the shop if they need that ride, too. I REALLY like this feature! Christian is the new-to-me shuttle driver today. He’s pleasant to chat with, and really appreciates having plenty of work to do. It’s a joy to be around positive people.
The time estimate was spot on, and there was plenty of time to add the few items they found during the morning’s work that might should ought to be looked at. I authorized those during the BAR-required phone call. After a little bit longer for those tasks, I was picked up again by Christian to return me to my car. Its ransom was entirely reasonable and expected. What a nice way to end a day having the car worked on, that I used to feel was fraught with surprises and inconveniences. I really like this place! I highly recommend it.

Poway, CA
Mercedes-Benz E250
10/23/2020
User-friendly; great bedside manner.
These folks are very easy to work with. I've worked with Matt both times I've visited, and he is great about walking through the plan of service, what to expect, how long it should take, how much it should cost, etc... They deliver on what they promise.

Donald G.
Nissan Rogue Sport
10/22/2020
Prepared my daughter's car for winter weather on short notice
West Auto fit us in the day before my daughter was driving off for her new job in Denver. Being a native San Diegan, winterizing a car never occurred to me. My father-in-law reminded me the day before she was set to leave. We called West that morning, they squeezed us in and did the job at a fair price. Everyone there is very friendly. Great experience.

LJ
Lynette J.
10/22/2020
Smog Certification
Quick, easy, clean and professional. As always! I continually tell friends and relatives about West Escondido Automotive & Transmissions.

Sue C.
GMC Yukon XL
10/21/2020
Polite, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service with a smile!
I am always happy with the treatment I receive, and I trust the results of my service; they always do a good job and they follow up They explain any needed repairs and ask if there are questions. The vehicle is always clean when I pick it up and they are prompt in doing the repairs.

Matthew M.
Dodge Dakota
10/21/2020
Do what’s best for the customer and car
Unfortunately I feel that your business tried to charge the maximum amount for any auto repair which is understandable you have to make money, but every time I was given a price For work it was much much higher than expected or previous work I had done, and I have gone elsewhere for different opinions and they always provide me with options, what is best for the customer and the car. Unfortunately I feel your business does what is best for you and your pockets and not what is always best for the customer. On top of that I came in three times for the same issue and was not repaired and you guys did nothing to compensate for the work that didn’t even actually fix the problem.
Brian B. from West Escondido Automotive & Transmission responded on 10/21/2020

Matthew, I am terribly sorry that you were left with the feeling that we did not have your best interest at Heart. The truth is Your satisfaction, and the satisfaction of every client along with making the best quality recommendations are our highest priority concerns. When never put money ahead of people by only recommending quality repairs we would recommend to our own family members. I do understand your request for options, and if you remember you were offered two options, the recommendation was to replace the solenoid group with connector, this repair would have corrected your concern and prevented any further leaks. We also offered another option which was to reseal the connector, you were advised there is a possibility of the pins leaking fluid even after this repair. I do want to be clear; we only use OEM or OES components when repairing vehicles for the highest quality repair, we do not use offshore components. Offshore components even though they are of lesser cost they often do not work properly or at all. When you compare the cost of a repair between different repair shops you may not be comparing apples to apples when being quoted from other facilities. I am also aware we corrected a leaking pan gasket that is no longer a concern. I am also aware that your transmission was recently rebuilt at another facility and now you are dealing with these leaks and concerns. Seems they quoted you a lesser price to repair these concerns as there was a noticeably short warranty on the Transmission rebuild and it is no longer in warranty with them. You may want to ask yourself why these components are leaking in such a short time after a transmission rebuild. Highly possible the components they used during the rebuild are offshore components of lesser quality. I am here to help if you would like to speak with me directly please feel free to call me anytime.  Brian Bowersock 760-741-0071

RO
Richard O.
10/17/2020
Diagnose, explain, fix
Matt and the guys stayed on it...diagnosed it well and fixed the problem I had. They found my records that one of the parts that needed to be replaced was under warranty, which saved me a few hundred $$. Thanks!