JASON K.
Independence, OH
Chevrolet Avalanche
05/15/2021
Questions remained
The techs at Al's seam very knowledgeable, but that didn't translate to great repair. I brought my truck in with a major issue and they had little trouble finding the problem, however they stayed that they were "not interested" in performing the job. I don't know what the issue is, but I'm left in the same position... except I was charged $120.00 to hear what was wrong.
AD
AL D. from Al's Auto Service Inc responded on 05/17/2021

The $120 charge was a diagnostic for the vehicle, which is an hour of labor for our technician. This included a spark check at #6 cylinder, the cylinder that is missfiring due to excessive oil in that cylinder. We also checked compression on that cylinder, which varied from a low of 25 psi to a high of 100 psi. We stated our findings on your invoice, and recommended a repair for solving the issue. Between your hesitation at the estimate costs of the repair, and the time and logistics of completing the repair, we determined that we were not the best shop to assist you at this time.

SD
Scott D.
Parma, OH
Dodge Durango
10/28/2019 Category: Service
Scott said the staff are good and they are professionals and they tried, but they were not able to fix the problem in his vehicle.