4.5

HARLEY H.
Buick Terraza
04/03/2021
Don't ask questions
I thought this would be my new garage but they don't like it when you ask questions.

TC
TORI C.
Gresham, OR
Kia Rio
12/17/2020
Very rude talk too you in a demeaning manner, over priced and thieves in my experience!
I wouldn’t and will not refer anyone too this place! Y’all do shoddy business and in my eyes are crooks!

TG
TODD G.
Hyundai Santa Fe
08/11/2020
A few problems. Sloppy.
Found high pressure power steering hose bolt on top of my engine. Must have misplaced it as another one was used in its place.
They got power steering fluid on the serpentine belt. Now it squeaks very bad. It was not squeaking when i brought it in.
Power steering fluid eats some types of rubber so i hope the belt survives, as it is not that old.

Also got power steering fluid (light spray on my windshield which was difficult to get off and caused blurryness.
At the price charged they should at least cover the serpentine belt up before flushing out the power steering fluid.
At this point (too early) i cannot tell if anything else has been damaged.
My car: 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

Richard S.
Pontiac Bonneville
08/07/2020
...
The initial work was done on 8/7/2020 (bringing in the car at 7 am). I was told when I picked up my car to bring it back the next day 8/8/2020 at the ungodly hour of 7 am to get the rest of the work done. I did so and was then told I'd have to wait for parts till Monday. I was then asked if I wanted to leave my car until then. Why in the Hell would I want to leave my car if no work was to be done?! Communication could be way better especially with me having to be up 3 days in a row at 7 AM. Grrr.

Marsha S.
12/28/2019
Crazy expensive!!!
Had it towed in for starter replacement. Still they charged to put it on a scope. Then they charged me $985 to put in a refurbished starter!!!!! Everyone I tell this to says "wow. That is so wrong." I could have picked up a refurbished starter for $180 and had it installed for $85 somewhere else. What's wrong with this picture? GREED!!!!!

MIKE M.
10/21/2019
I got off to a bad Start....on calling the office my cell phone connection was bad...Kevin seemed to have a Tone in his Voice when he says.....Sir! your Breaking up....I can not hear you! Sir!
I have had moments of frustration like this. So I understand...his frustration of not hearing my message Due to the connection.
That plus you all seem to have a Flat rate diagnostic fee. $113.00....To tell me the gears are grinding in the transmisión.
....... mike Mack

Jennifer S.
Kia Spectra
04/24/2019
Not great!
This place was very expensive and your mechanics insisted on adding more work then needed to be done. i.e. the timing belt was "cracking" according to the mechanic. I took it home and showed it to a car friend who said it was fine and really didn't need to be changed. Seems like I was taken advantage of because I am a female.

Dave M.
12/19/2018
It’s okay
I came in for a tune up! Instead u checked my ENTIRE car. U suggested so many things, it was like u wanted to get everything fixed, which would require more labor!! What 2000 year car doesn’t have numerous Problems!
I think u dropped the ball on me, sorry!

John T.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
09/28/2018 Category: Service
John said the businesses staff fixed his vehicle but they disconnected his horn and did not re-connect it. He thought the price they charged him was high for the amount of work they did. They did a good job with his ignition. Due to these issues he would not recommend this business for service.

ES
Eric S.
08/29/2018
Ripoff
They wanted $600 to replace one spark plug and one ignition coil. The guy thought maybe he could knock it down by $100 or so, but that's still absurdly expensive for that amount of work.

Happy Valley, OR
BMW 525i
08/28/2018
BMW electrical issue
I realize electrical issues can be tricky however this one is perplexing. I dropped my car off in February of 2018 with an electrical issue. Turns out they could not find a solution, so in August (7 months later) I ended up paying $1500.00 for a car that still does not run and ended up sending it off to a junk yard for $200.00 because I cannot justify putting more money into it. The shop personnel were nice enough and worked through the issues even calling in a specialist.

ST
Sonora T.
Honda Accord
08/25/2018 Category: Service
Sonora said she paid for an evaluation that cost $100. They figured out the problem, but suggested another test that would cost an additional $100, even though they knew what the problem was. If she was not paying attention, she would have paid for it. They called and try to up-sale her on another issue. The next day, she got a text saying they appreciated her business, but she did not recall giving them permission to text her. They charged her a hazardous waste disposal fee of $13.75, but they did not dispose of any hazardous waste. They told her it was a state-required fee. They did not even look under her hood. They hooked her vehicle up to a machine and she was given a code. She called around and is having a hard time to find others that charge that fee. She stated she was taken aback by the extra evaluation that cost $100. She could have gone to another facility, because they do exactly what this facility did for free. It did not take manual labor to look at her vehicle. The price she was quoted to fix what was wrong with vehicle, she was told the part was almost $450 - $475, and to put it in would be another $400. They told her what it was while she was on the phone and she looked it up while they were talking. The part was literally $47 brand new, and less if it was used. She got it done for 90 percent less than what they were going to charge her.

James F.
Dodge Charger
08/23/2018 Category: Service
James said the business took longer than they had originally told him. They did not call him when it was done, and they also tried to charge him an additional $100 for no apparent reason.

ED
Erik D.
08/08/2018 Category: Service
Erik said he felt the solution he was offered was overly expensive.

JOHN T.
06/05/2018
Jusst the beest
For many years I had my 1995 Explorer serviced at local Ford dealer and was increasingly dissatisfied. Several years ago I began taking it to Art of Maintenance and have been thoroughly satisfied with their work and friendly attitude ever since.