Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

JACQUELINE R.
Irmo, SC
BMW 750Li
03/18/2017
I can't comment on how they service cars, but you need to get a 2nd opinion, especially if you are female
I was told I needed a $5000 rebuilt transmission for my BMW. Took it to another place, all I needed was to replace a broken seal that cost $400. I was told a diagnostic was performed, probably read the message the car gave and the description I gave because they would have found out what was really wrong. $110 lesson learned. So sad.

VP
Vishnu P.
Cayce, SC
Mercedes-Benz C300
12/17/2016 Category: Service
Vishnu said the service and the technicians were good. However, the problem isn't fixed. They changed the parts but the problem is still present. He plans to return, to get the problem resolved. He is not satisfied with the repair. At this time, he would not recommend them.

LK
LATONYA K.
Orangeburg, SC
BMW 528i
12/10/2016
Not really happy
I thought this would save me time and money. And it did however, the customer service and concern was not there! They rinsed my car off with water and attempted to convince me that my car was wash. Then the guy says we don't detail! Hell you only rinse!!! That was not good or trustworthy behavior to me! Probably won't ever go here again!
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 12/13/2016

While I am sorry you are not pleased with the courtesy car wash I would concentrate on the knowledge and integrity of the repair shop workign on your BMW.Just a word of wisdom.

SF
S F.
Sumter, SC
05/12/2016
They overprice their parts and charge more than the dealership
Got a quote for front brake pads and rotors $3,900. Checked dealership and they are $3,500. Checked price online and the rotors and brake pads only cost a total of $2,000. They have almost a 100% mark up on their prices. I don't let crooks work on my cars.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 05/17/2016

Sorry for any confusion on the est.I looked back at the estimate we gave you and it looks as if it was $1379.51 for the fronts pads rotors ans sensor and about $725.00 for the rear.Please let me know if we can help in any way.

WK
WILLIE K.
Sumter, SC
BMW 745Li
03/22/2016
I was totally unsatisfied with the service
The business was more of a scheme then to put the customer first

Terrance B.
Columbia, SC
01/15/2016
$800 plus replacement for a $100 ignition switch
All I can say is terrible. I dropped off my car prior to them closing due to vehicle not starting unless you ran a wire to the starter and they promised to have my car back to me before 2pm the following day. They kept their promise and returned my car with a new starter and ignition switch by 12 am with a payment of 800 somewhat dollars. I never asked nor they called to confirm the ignition switch replacement and that made me wonder. Called the dealer/did research and realized that if your vehicle has a bad starter you won't be able to jump it in order to your operate vehicle. My vehicle started when you jumped it so never needed a starter and basically was charged $800 dollars for a $100 ignition switch replacement.

SD
Stacy D.
Columbia, SC
BMW 325i
01/05/2015 Category: Service
Stacy said the business tried to overcharge her for a part. The part was $600 but they tried to charge her $900. She would not recommend the business because of what has already been shared.

ST
SAM T.
Toyota Tundra
12/19/2014
This last simple service visit is a disaster.
How could somebody break the rain guard on both windows while washing the truck? Either very careless or very incompotant? And not fixing the damage! That is unbelievable. I can not describe how a fry and disappointed I am. Now I have to pay for the damage they have done.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 12/23/2014

I am very sorry the rain guards were cracked while we was doing the complimentary car wash after we serviced the vehicle for you.I will be glad to replace the rain guards for you.I would have replaced them that day but I would have to order the parts.
Again i am very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause