ROBERT S.
Chapin, SC
04/30/2021
Charged for a quote on brake job
I took my BMW in due to the “check brake lining warning light”. I had also taken the car in two months prior and was informed that the brake pads were close to needing to be replaced. I was given a quote to replace all four brake rotors pads and sensors. I declined to have the service performed and was charged $120 fee. I am not sure what the fee was for as the brake warning light and your own service records indicated the vehicle was due for a brake job. I think this practice is highly unethical and will no longer patronize your business.

MJ
MATTEW J.
Blythewood, SC
Mercedes-Benz S550
01/20/2021
POOR Customer and Vehicle Service
I had a noise and a radiator leak. Had car towed to Browns. The engine light came on when going into the shop. They fixed flywheel and left the leak per my instructions. They did not call me to say the engine light was on. I call to see if car was ready and no mention of the codes that were for a timing exhaust bank and general misfire. When I asked why they did not call me about the engine light. Scott told me he thought I knew about the light being on. My response was that it was not on when I had the car towed in. He said they do not do anything when those lights are on because I did not tell him it was. My response was that I should have gotten a call to say what they found. An engine light could be anything from something small to something major. They knew what the codes were and decided to take my payment and I did not find out about it until I went to pick it up. While getting an explaination of why he did not call about the light I was told that when people bring their car in to get the oil changed and a light is on the customer says don't worry about the light. This was trying to compair me having $1600.00 of work done to an oil change. At least he gives them the option to have the work done which I didn't get that chance. The lack of care and concern that I am driving my car away from Brown's with the engine light on is sad. I have been a customer for a few years but this type of service leaves me no choice but to find somewhere else to get my car fixed.

BMW 740iL
12/30/2020
Customer service is horrible!
No respect for people's time and money. Manipulative, unapologetic, unprofessional, unsure and unreliable. Terrible customer service!!

11/16/2020
Will never go back...
Decided to get another opinion after coming to get a $1500 job done only to be told another part had to be added to the job for an additional $600! I took all the paperwork to the new mechanic who informed me of basic procedures not being done so additional parts/labor wouldn't be necessary. This mechanic completed everything on your to do list plus more for $785!!! I have no issues and my vehicle runs like a dream! Needless to say he was tipped accordingly and gained a lifelong customer! I only wish I found him before BMW! I'd have saved thousands.

STACY H.
Jaguar S-TYPE
03/16/2020
*not great
Charged for replacing intake & actuator gasket while replacing sparkle plugs and core package when in same area as well as the labor operation covers R&R gasket sets. Catalytic Converter went from $385.00 to $585.00 for replacement and it's bolt on and not weld on. RA even tried to charge for diagnostic time even though I had needed repairs done.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 03/16/2020

Sorry to hear your disapiontment. The labor time for replacing spark plugs is 2.6 hours. We only charged you 1.0 to replace them and diagnosis the vehicle. We were extremly fair with pricing and diagnosis. Hopefully other shops will be as fair. Have a blessed day.

Graniteville, SC
Jaguar S-TYPE
03/07/2019
Its NOT GREAT.
I TOOK MY CAR FOR ONE THING AND THEY CALLED ME AND LIED TELLING ME SOMETHING ELSE WAS WRONG SO THEY COULD FIX IT. SCAMMERS THATS WHAT THEY ARE!!!

Mercedes-Benz C230
03/04/2019
RIPOFF
My first time going to Browns was back in October,2018. SINCE THEN I have been back to brown about the same issues repeatedly and every time they call me back to get my car they tell me everything is perfectly fine. I have probably been to Browns a total of 10-15 times back to back. Only things I had issues with was my alignment, and an oil leak. THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! 2 issues and I been back there TOO MANY times. At this point i’m furious I was told my oil leak was fixed and they checked it replaced the valve cover gasket but I could still smell burning oil as I drive I take my car back multiple times about this and each time they tell me “it’s just residue no leak” but this time I go back now I need a new cam shaft I get that changed i’m picking up my car and now “the whole housing has several leaks” my dad asked for a quote and the man literally told me i’m not going to give you a quote ..... why? I definitely asked for one unless what you telling me to get fixed is a lie. But no quote ok. I first went for an alignment “you need all new tires before we can do that” I had new tires in the front so I go get brand spanking new ties and get them put on December take my car back “your rear row is out and we don’t know why” (I recently got back suspensions done ) got that corrected take it back for alignment they do it, but something just ain’t right I go back tell them it’s off “nothing wrong with alignment you need new front tires” ABSOLUTELY NOT it is new “well the passenger side needs air” but everything is fine. This was probably January now. It is now March not even 4 months of driving with my BRAND NEW tires they are COMPLETELY BALD ONLY ON THE INSIDE due to my tires dragging. And mr front desk tells me well we said your rear tow was out. I HAVE BEEN HERE 10 TIMES SINCE THEN DO NOT PLAY WITH ME BECAUSE YOU GUYS SUCK AT YOUR JOB AND YOUR MECHANICS ARE TRASH! i’m completely disgusted with this shop once they figure out what they did to my car I will NEVER BE GOING BACK and I will advise anyone else not to go either. Would’ve been 0 stars if I could.

Thanks :)

02/21/2019
Bad service and even worse diagnostic
I brought my car to BMW for what appeared to be an issue with the intake manifold dampeners. The technician Scott said that I needed to have the entire intake manifold replaced. Leroy gave me the part number but when I looked it up, it wasn't even for my car. Furthermore, the part doesn't even house the dampeners. I was quoted $2600.00 to fix it. When I asked to speak to the technician, I was told that I would have to do it in person as they do not come to the phone. When I arrived, the technician was nowhere to be found. I was then told that the owner would call me back. He never did. The issue was caused by a vacuum leak and was easily fixed for less than $5. I will never take my car there again.

JACQUELINE R.
Irmo, SC
BMW 750Li
03/18/2017
I can't comment on how they service cars, but you need to get a 2nd opinion, especially if you are female
I was told I needed a $5000 rebuilt transmission for my BMW. Took it to another place, all I needed was to replace a broken seal that cost $400. I was told a diagnostic was performed, probably read the message the car gave and the description I gave because they would have found out what was really wrong. $110 lesson learned. So sad.

VP
Vishnu P.
Cayce, SC
Mercedes-Benz C300
12/17/2016 Category: Service
Vishnu said the service and the technicians were good. However, the problem isn't fixed. They changed the parts but the problem is still present. He plans to return, to get the problem resolved. He is not satisfied with the repair. At this time, he would not recommend them.

LK
LATONYA K.
Orangeburg, SC
BMW 528i
12/10/2016
Not really happy
I thought this would save me time and money. And it did however, the customer service and concern was not there! They rinsed my car off with water and attempted to convince me that my car was wash. Then the guy says we don't detail! Hell you only rinse!!! That was not good or trustworthy behavior to me! Probably won't ever go here again!
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 12/13/2016

While I am sorry you are not pleased with the courtesy car wash I would concentrate on the knowledge and integrity of the repair shop workign on your BMW.Just a word of wisdom.

SF
S F.
Sumter, SC
05/12/2016
They overprice their parts and charge more than the dealership
Got a quote for front brake pads and rotors $3,900. Checked dealership and they are $3,500. Checked price online and the rotors and brake pads only cost a total of $2,000. They have almost a 100% mark up on their prices. I don't let crooks work on my cars.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 05/17/2016

Sorry for any confusion on the est.I looked back at the estimate we gave you and it looks as if it was $1379.51 for the fronts pads rotors ans sensor and about $725.00 for the rear.Please let me know if we can help in any way.

WK
WILLIE K.
Sumter, SC
BMW 745Li
03/22/2016
I was totally unsatisfied with the service
The business was more of a scheme then to put the customer first

Terrance B.
01/15/2016
$800 plus replacement for a $100 ignition switch
All I can say is terrible. I dropped off my car prior to them closing due to vehicle not starting unless you ran a wire to the starter and they promised to have my car back to me before 2pm the following day. They kept their promise and returned my car with a new starter and ignition switch by 12 am with a payment of 800 somewhat dollars. I never asked nor they called to confirm the ignition switch replacement and that made me wonder. Called the dealer/did research and realized that if your vehicle has a bad starter you won't be able to jump it in order to your operate vehicle. My vehicle started when you jumped it so never needed a starter and basically was charged $800 dollars for a $100 ignition switch replacement.

SD
Stacy D.
BMW 325i
01/05/2015 Category: Service
Stacy said the business tried to overcharge her for a part. The part was $600 but they tried to charge her $900. She would not recommend the business because of what has already been shared.