DAMIEN B.
INFINITI G35 Coupe
10/28/2020
Alternator CHECK
I went in for an alternator check and I was charged $120 just for a check. no one absolutely none of the staff were wearing masks inside the building. at one time I counted eight people inside of the office all sharing tortilla chips and salsa. I understand you cannot eat with a mask on but still that is absurd. There is signage posted that says they reserve the right to charge a diagnostic fee if repairs aren't rendered the same day but $120 is absolutely ridiculous. I've already had my alternator changed somewhere else and do not recommend business with them.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 10/29/2020

Mr.Barber I am sorry about the misunderstanding on the diagnosctic charge.I bo belive it was explained to you that if the alternator was replaced the $120.00 would have been part of the repair.We do need to pay our techinican for his time he spent diagnosing the vehicle.

DONALD D.
Blythewood, SC
Volkswagen GLI
08/12/2020
Car is still at your shop
My son’s car has been at BMW since the last week of June. It has been brought back on 3 separate occasions. I never receive a update on the status of his vehicle unless I call. It seems as if Leroy and Scott are indifferent when I do call, what kind of customer service is that? It is 08/12/20 and my son’s car is still in the shop, practically the entire summer.

KAREN B.
02/04/2019
Unimpressed
I was referred here by a local auto parts store for an oil change. I promptly got an appointment for the next business day. During the intake, I told the friendly gentleman at the front desk that the car would require a larger than usual gasket, and I twice declined the customary after service car wash due to a very recent paint touch up and detail job,.
Somehow, none of this information was conveyed to the mechanic performing the service, who was surprised when the regular sized gasket would not seal the drain plug, then promptly sending the car to the car wash following the service.
When I spoke to the nice gentleman at the front desk who wrote the invoice which showed all of my concerns, he said that he did not see any of this as being a big deal ...this is how we always do things regardless of customer concerns mentioned on the invoice.
My concerns are that if I could not trust them to follow simple instructions, I am very scheptical that the oil change was done in a proper manner ...only time will tell ...no apology given

JAMES P.
Mercedes-Benz E350
01/09/2019
not so great
was never able to talk with anyone who could explain what was wrong with my car. was not given the broken part or shown the replacment part. holidays contributed to long wait time for repair. apppeared too me that Brown had all the business it needed or wanted. I could see no advantage of Brown's service over Phillips where I have had my car serviced in the past.

KT
KENNETH T.
Mercedes-Benz S430
01/04/2019
Wasnt pleased with visit this time
Had to come back for wrong parts

Sterling W.
South Carolina
BMW 745Li
06/01/2017 Category: Service
Sterling said the business did a good job. He has already recommended it.

06/01/2017 Category: Service
Sterling said his overall experience was less than average but they did good work.
R.A. B. from Brown Motor Works responded on 06/06/2017

I am glad we was able to resolve the problem with the battery .Hope we can help you agin soon

DA
DELPHINIA A.
Mercedes-Benz GLK350
02/22/2017
Not so Happy
I asked if they could check my windshield washer pump, because is was not spraying, I asked if it would be a charge and the answer was no. Once finished another person said they fixed it and the charge was $55, I said they were only suppose to let me know what the problem was not fix it. The person told me just to have the vehicle go into their building was a charge. He than told me there would be no charge this time. I would not reccomend them at this time. I've been there before and thought they were ok, now I don't know. One person says one thing and another person says something else.

DAVID R.
Lexington, SC
BMW M3
01/28/2016
I use to like Brown Motor Works
Claim they used 8 liters of oil for my oil change. When I checked the oil level after I got home, its not even full, so I have to add oil. Also, after spending $185 for an oil change--yes, just the oil change costs that much--they say it includes washing my car. Their wash guy was out so I did not expect much, but they did not even hose it off. Very disappointing. They said I could come back another day and wait for an hour while they wash it. I don't think so. I am going to change the oil myself in the future.