EM
Long Branch, NJ
2015 Hyundai Elantra
02/25/2020 Category: Service
Always a pleasure
Circle Hyundai makes maintenance easy and painless. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and there's never a hard sell to do anything more than what you need.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 02/25/2020

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at CIRCLE HYUNDAI. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience.
As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I am glad to hear you had a positive service experience. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs in the future and thanks for being part of the Circle family.

Jean C.
Eatontown, NJ
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
02/24/2020 Category: Service
Service was fine
The service was fine. It was exactly what I expected it to be.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 02/25/2020

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I apologize that you were not aware about your vehicle having two recalls. Typically, recalls are sent to you from the manufacture. We know your time is important and the last thing we would want is to waste it. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs in the future and thanks for being part of the Circle family.

Margaret H.

Magdalena A.
Shrewsbury, NJ
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Glad I chose Circle
I popped in on a weekday afternoon b/c I had an issue with my rear interior light plus I was due for a service (almost exactly on the mile!) I was hoping they'd be able to squeeze me in and they did, right away in fact. I also got a new battery and all that was done smoothly and quickly....I was out in no time. The new waiting area has a hospitable feel to it, so the wait was easy. I am definitely glad that I chose this dealer for my last two cars and I will stick with them.

BG
Beverly G.
Oakhurst, NJ
Terrific service advisor
The service advisor, Daniel D., was a delight to work with. I was going to wait for the service (oil change, steering wheel issue and car wash) to be done and Daniel kept me posted every step of the way so that I would know what was going on. He was concerned for my comfort as well as my understanding of any future services that would help me maintain the best functioning of my car. I left a happy customer.

FM
Felix M.
Newark, NJ
Great services and friendly
Their customer service are nice and polite to me .
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 02/17/2020

LC
Leslie C.
Oakhurst, NJ
2019 Hyundai Tucson
02/13/2020 Category: Service
Courteous and Efficient
A service representative always greets you when you pull into the garage.
You immediately speak to a representative who discusses your appmt.
Almost always true to estimates on time completion.
They always do a safety check as well.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 02/14/2020

Red Bank, NJ
2011 Hyundai Elantra
02/12/2020 Category: Service
My 75,000 mile check up
I will always bring my Hyundai to Circle because they take good care of my automobile and when ready for new car I will come back to them for purchase.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 02/13/2020

Linda M.
Belmar, NJ
02/12/2020 Category: Service
The nicest people!!
I truly continue to buy cars here because of the great service department!!
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 02/13/2020

great serice
excellent at everything

Ocean Township, NJ
Conitnued Obfuscation
I have been asked to rescore my review based on the dealer's reply.

There’s an old saying. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. The response to my review is selective, as it omits key events in the chronology, and it is patently untrue that I was kept informed. These issues go hand-in-hand and exacerbated the situation and my frustration.
1. Upon initial diagnosis, I was told the repair kit was in stock and the repair would take 90 minutes. After 90 minutes I was told the problem wasn’t what they thought and the kit that was now required had to be ordered.
2. I was told the kit would take about 5 days to arrive. After 7 days of not hearing anything I called the tech advisor. It was clear he didn’t remember me (lack of follow through) and after a few minutes said the kit was on back order and would take up to another week to arrive. Could someone have notified me that the kit was on back order?
3. After another week elapsed without hearing anything, I called and spoke to a different tech advisor who said the kit had arrived (though no one bothered to call me) and scheduled my appointment.
4. On the next trip in it is determined that the wrong kit was ordered. (2nd wrong kit per their original diagnosis). Another wasted morning.
5. After the holidays I called the service manager as a courtesy (rather than write a poor review) to discuss the situation and express my displeasure with the poor service. The service manager said he understood, would look into the situation and call me back. I did not hear back from the service manager until he responded to my review on-line 6 weeks later. As the head of the department, a very poor example to set for the rest of the staff.
6. After another week when the supposed correct kit arrived, it also turned out not to repair the problem (3rd kit).
7. Now the decision, after consulting with Hyundai corporate, was to replace the axle shaft, but this now had to be ordered. With the car now undrivable one of the women in the office took the initiative to provide me with a loaner. At least someone demonstrated, even for a brief moment, some thought that I was being overly inconvenienced and was not happy with the service.
8. Unfortunately, the woman’s initiative didn’t last long. Before I left with the loaner (on a Saturday) I asked her who would be calling me on Monday with the update as the smug tech advisor never called me. She said she would call me. She never did. When I reached out to her, all she did was transfer me to the unhelpful tech advisor.
9. I was told they were still waiting for the parts and the repair would take 1-2 more days. After 3 days I called to get a status update and was told they needed one more day so the original technician working on my car, who was off, could check it out.
10. No one ever took responsibility for their failings or apologized for the inconvenience.

To have the temerity to say I was kept informed is a bald-faced lie. Had I been kept informed my frustration level would have been abated. We can now add lack of integrity and credibility to the list of transgressions.

Inept and Even Worse Customer Service
Having “America’s Best Warranty” has no value when the dealer is incapable of properly diagnosing the problem and ordering the correct parts – multiple times. Worse yet, this ineptitude was surpassed by the exceedingly awful customer service, from the top down. At no time during this seven-week odyssey did anyone follow through on their promises (including the service manager who I reached out to during this farce), proactively keep me in the loop, take responsibility for the series of fiascos and lack of diligence, or apologize for the weeks of inconvenience. Instead, smugness. Sheer ineptness and arrogance or didn't want to make the warranty covered repair because the reimbursement wasn't as much as if I paid for it.
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 02/12/2020

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I apologize about the time it took to fix your car and the multiple visits you spent at our shop. We know your time is important and we let you down. Diagnosing a vehicle can sometimes be challenging w/ figuring out the point of failure to sometimes parts issues, which leads to you getting frustrated. On your original visit on 11/22 we were unable to duplicate your concern & you even test drove with the tech. When you returned on 12/13 we were able to duplicate your concern and diagnosed it as an axle kit & we preceded to order the part. You returned on 12/19 to have the special ordered part installed to find it was the wrong part. Obviously, this is not what we expected nor do we accept but, we still needed to order another part. On your last visit on 1/4 we were still having parts issues (kits were still incorrect) so, we decided to replace the axle shaft instead of the kit & during this time we provided a loaner vehicle and according to my records you were kept informed. I assure you this is not normal but, unfortunately it was the reality we were dealing with. I totally understand and agree with your frustrations and we tried our best under these circumstances. Once again, I apologize on behalf of this dealership for the chain of unfortunate events. We take pride in our customer service and even though I understand your frustrations you can give us another shot. If there are any questions or something you would like to discuss further please contact me via email or phone both are listed below.
Sincerely,

Sincerely,

SL
Steve L.
Old Bridge Township, NJ
Nice facilities
Good service but it takes a lot longer than expected
GEORGE C., service manager from Circle Hyundai responded on 02/11/2020

As Service Manager of CIRCLE HYUNDAI, I am glad to hear you had a positive service experience. I apologize that your wait was longer than expected and we are currently working on solution to better our customers wait times. We look forward in taking care of all your car needs in the future and thanks for being part of the Circle family.

PE
Peter E.
Parlin, NJ
2008 Hyundai Elantra
02/10/2020 Category: Service
Very satisfied with the service provided
Very friendly staff..Car was serviced and cleaned ..Very happy

Oceanport, NJ