4.5

Continue reading recommended reviews

North Smithfield, RI
02/19/2020 Category: Service
Misleading dealership
I was told when I bought a new vehicle at this dealership that the oil changes were free for as long as I owned the vehicle. In order to get free oil changes you have to pay for all these other add-ons, very misleading
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/24/2020

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey.If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/25/2020

Mr. Hvizdos,
I apologize that the Sales Department failed to properly explain our “First For Life Program” and the benefits that you will receive for being a loyal customer when you purchased your vehicle. The program was put into place to show our customers that we value their business and in return all we ask is that our customers stay loyal to us. Here at First Auto Group we took what is most likely needed on vehicles in the New England area based on our experience, price shopping our competitors, and put it all together at a discounted price. Enrollment into the program is complimentary on all vehicles that we sell and to receive all our benefits that we offer we ask that you follow our maintenance schedule. We are giving you a lifetime engine guarantee on your vehicle and I hope you can understand that in order to give you that guarantee we need to be the only place to maintain your vehicle.  You are not required to be enrolled into this program and can opt out at any time. Again, we are not asking you to do anything above and beyond properly maintaining your vehicle.

I hope I answered all your questions but feel free to contact me if I have not.

I have also sent a LINK to RESCORE your original review of First Hyundai as we strive for nothing less than 5's in the SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

Richard B.
Bellingham, MA
12/14/2019
It's not always what you think it's cracked up to be!
I have been buying and having service to all my vehicles with these people, up to now!
Within the last 6 to 8 months of service on my cars, the service has gone down tremendously! Some of the service technicians are at best grease monkies, others are "Top Notch" Some of the technicians can't seem to even do an oil change without breaking something else on the car, then when they do break something they don't inform you of the problem. When they remove bolts holding up the splash pans under the cars they remove them with an air gun and most of the time they snap the bolts off and never reinstall all the bolts on the underside of the car. Their remedy is just "Tie Wrap" the splash panels back in place and deny it was there fault when the splash panels fall off at 60/65 MPH while traveling down the highway!
Their comment to you will be if you don't like the way we service your cars, "take it somewhere else"
If you give them a less than stellar rating they tell you don't come back, they don't want to work on your car nor will they.
If you go back and revise your rating they will consider taking you back.
Now, unfortunately, the service advisors make their money on how good the ratings are after the service. So if you have a bad experience with having your car serviced the service advisors take the hit also.
The management needs to be accountable for what goes on in the shop. This service manager does "NO" quality surveillance on what is taking place in this shop. As a result, poor quality comes out of the shop on a more frequent basis.
I for one will not be returning to First Hyundai for sales or service. They have done it to me one too many times!
I did like dealing with the service advisors but they must take me for a chump. They seem to operate like they are doing you the favor in servicing the vehicle. There are other Hyundai dealerships that would be glad to take my business!
Good luck, you have been forwarned!
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/16/2019

All of First Hyundai thanks you for the kind words

Richard B.
Bellingham, MA
12/14/2019
It's not always what you think it's cracked up to be!
If you go back and revise your rating they will consider taking you back.
I did like dealing with the service advisors but if they don't do what they're directed to, well they're gone. I have seen it.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/16/2019

All of First Hyundai thanks you for the kind words

DK
Dan K.
Raynham, MA
12/01/2019
Billy the "service" manager does not care about loyal customers
Billy the service manager does not care enough to call me and take care of my car and has let an issue go on for almost a month. I tried to be patient and now I am done....

I bought my Hyundai Azera at first and have been a first for life customer. I put many miles on this car and spend over $1500 per year on their recommended routine maintenance. In September while rotating my tires the tech broke two tire Studs and they told me they were fixed. Upon leaving the dealership my car began to vibrate at 60 MPH. They took my car for a week and the only solution they came up with is repairing a "CRACKED RIM" which cost me an additional 150 dollars. The car seemed to be fine. On 11/4 I brought the car in for the most expensive maintenance package at 550 dollars. As soon as I left the dealership the same vibration had started again. I brought the car back. The service Adviser told me during my 550 dollar package they did not balance my tires (the techs seem to not be doing their jobs too). They balanced the tires which did not fix the problem. I called the and got a hold of the Service Manager, Billy and told him all i have went though. He could not have been more have been more dismissive telling me I may have cracked the rim again. He then made excuses on why he can't get me a loaner car for 2 weeks. When I came in at the time we ha discussed he did not care to come talk to me instead a different Service adviser told me the would bring me a a loaner to my house or work and pick my car up but it would take a week. I gave them 10 days before I started calling Friday 11/29. I left messages and no one called me back. I used the Instant messenger on the site, no call, I used the text service no call back.

Now I am done. I have been a loyal customer and have been shown First Hyundai does not care about me, my car or my loyalty.

I do not recommend them for service, and won't be returning. It's too bad because until the last 3 months I liked my experience and was willing to commute from Raynham (we have a Hyundai dealership within a mile o me) to get service and perhaps buy my next car at First. But now I won't be back.

Coventry, RI
This review violates the SureCritic Review Policy.

Ray B.
North Attleboro, MA
10/31/2019
Disappointing
Five days ago purchased a vehicle, still not available, no updates, not acceptable.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 10/31/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Nagaraju O.
10/15/2019 Category: Service
Sonata 2.0T check engine light - emission issues back to the dealer service for successful seventh time
No comments!
I took my Sonata 2013 2.0T to the same F.H dealer for the past seven (7) services and it is now ready to visit the dealer for the 8th time for the same check engine light issue!
No comments!
I even reported this issue to Hyundai America who contacted the F.H but not able to fix the issue.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 10/18/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored. The survey is a reflection on your service advisor. If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me  bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. I will send you another re-score link to give another chance to re-score your advisor. Our goal is your satisfaction.

E Bridgewtr, MA
2019 Hyundai Sonata
10/07/2019 Category: Service
Just another car dealership
Be careful. Just like every other car dealer they don’t tell you the fine print just care if you spend your money there.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 10/08/2019

•I apologize that we failed to properly explain our “First For Life Program” and the benefits that you will receive for being a loyal customer when you purchased your vehicle. The program was put into place to show our customers that we value their business and in return all we ask is that our customers stay loyal to us. I have attached a copy of your maintenance schedule for your vehicle from the factory which can be found in your owner’s manual. Keep in mind that your owner’s manual is the same manual that comes with all (vehicle make) across the United States and depending on where you live the maintenance schedules will vary due to different climate conditions. Here at First Auto Group we took what is most likely needed on vehicles in the New England area based on our experience, price shopping our competitors, and put it all together at a discounted price. Enrollment into the program is complimentary on all vehicles that we sell and to receive all our benefits that we offer we ask that you follow our maintenance schedule which I have also attached. We are giving you a lifetime engine guarantee on your vehicle and I hope you can understand that in order to give you that guarantee we need to be the only place to maintain your vehicle.  You are not required to be enrolled into this program and can opt out at any time. Again, we are not asking you to do anything above and beyond properly maintaining your vehicle.
•I hope I answered all your questions but feel free to contact me if I have not

JN
Jeanne N.
Georgetown, MA
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/02/2019 Category: Service
New Car Pick Up
dealership had more 24 hours to re-condition certified pre-owned car for pick up and it still wasn't ready when I arrived.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 10/07/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 3 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Milton M.
Pawtucket, RI
07/27/2019 Category: Service
Poor explanation of first for life
Was told when I purchased the car it was free oil changes for the life of the car. Now when I went for my second oil change it was 30$. The next time they told me it was 299$ then 500$. Was never told that every time you have to go up a “package” I will never bring my car there again or buy from there. Also when I got my car back it pulls to the right and shakes on the highway. Will not bring my car here for service again the “lifetime warranty “ is not worth it.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 07/29/2019

I hope I answered all your questions but feel free to contact me if I have not

LO
Louise O.
Walpole, MA
07/16/2019
Don't buy here, service is horrible
Have been waiting for my new Sante Fe with a blown engine ( as a result of a hyundai software update) since April 11. No one ever calls me and gives me any updates. When I call I am told they have no information. Finally june 27, when I initate the call, a woman tells me that my engine is in and I can probably have the car Monday July 1, but someone will call to confirm. I then make two calls, leave messages next day, no one calls me back. I then wait until Monday 7/8 and I go into the dealership. Am told after 20 mins of waiting that they are going to work on my car tomorrow, 7/9 and I can pick my car up. I tell the woman to call me just to make sure it is ok to come get it. Later same day, around 4:45 I decide to call and confirm that the car is still scheduled to be ready next day. Man I speak to does not ask my name just tells me to call back he can't help me. Tuesday and Wednesday come and go, I call again 7/11 for a status, once again I am told I will have my car the next afternoon. I ask for a confirmation call, I am told absolutely. Again no call, so I call again Tuesday, 7/16 wondering why I have not yet received a call to pick up my car. The man I speak to says, let me see if I can find out. Comes back on the line 5 minutes later and says he can find the paperwork and it is not in the system, so he will have to service manager call me within the hour. That was an hour ago and once again no response. I am now invoking the lemon law because my patience died on 6/27 when I was told the engines were finally in. Do not buy from this dealership, have had several Hyundai's and Kias in the past and have had great service. Wouldn't mind so much if someone would actually return my call and not lie to me when I can finally get through to a person! I do understand that things happen and plans don't always work out, but 96 days and counting to replace an engine on a brand new car is ridiculous.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 07/22/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. I do apologize if your service visit was not an excellent visit. Please contact me at 508-699-4700 ext 1340 or email me at service@firsthyundai.com at your convenience if needed. If you would like to RESCORE YOUR ADVISORS PERFORMANCE, I have sent you a rescore link. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Taunton, MA
2019 Hyundai Sonata
07/13/2019 Category: Service
False advertising
I was told free oil changes for the life of the car well that's clearly not true. First one is but then they try to stick you with a ridiculous high bill the next few services. Some of the things on the list don't need to be done at all. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone to buy a car .. Doesn't seem like its a well run business.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 07/15/2019

EF
Edward F.
Plainville, MA
07/07/2019 Category: Service
people are terrible
We were ripped off with no apology
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 07/08/2019

CP
Cathy P.
Riverside, RI
2015 Hyundai Tucson
06/22/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Service
Three hour wait time after I was told on the phone that it would be about one and a half hours. How long does it take to replace rear brakes and oil change????? Also, I called to schedule the appointment and the person on the phone neglected to put me in the schedule. I wasn't informed of the service that was provided until after the fact, (IE: being charged for washer fluid, tire rotation, etc.). Furthermore, nothing on the work order was explained to me when my car was completed. Just because I'm a female doesn't mean I'm stupid. That's all.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/25/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

David S.

PAUL C.
Providence, RI
05/01/2019
Bad repair
By far the worst dealer experience in my entire life.
After determining the AC problem was a bad compressor the dealer refused to acknowledge the issue had been happening for over a year while still under warranty and had been incorrectly repaired twice, once costing me $450. They agreed to contact Hyundai Customer Assurance to get an adjustment and told me Hyundai would pay 50%.

I called Hyundai myself and was told that they offered the dealer a 75% reimbursement not 50% so I called the dealer back and they agreed to the 75% so I scheduled the repair.

When I picked up the care the dealer added $300 to the original estimate because they said that the warranty rate was different than the customer rate and held firm.

This was a typical sleazy move that you would expect from a fly by night used car dealer. Truly not as customer focused as they say they are.

NH
Nancy H.
Swansea, MA
2012 Hyundai Elantra
This review violates the SureCritic Review Policy.

AG
Amanda G.
04/11/2019 Category: Service
Not what I expected!
I am disappointed
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/12/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 1 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Michael G.
Carver, MA
04/03/2019
Certified Pre-Owned SCAM
7 days to get a registration
7 additional days to get a sticker
finance is not honest i was quoted 72 months @9,5% interest rate. i was told i can get a 8.5% interest rate if i get the Hyundai 120000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I didn't notice they changed the months to 75. i was forced to buy glass etching with out being asked. also it was a CPO car the etching was already on it from the previous lease.
i thought i was buying a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle with 15000 miles on it. it was clear right after i took delivery that the 150 point CPO inspection was not actually done.
Rear Tires mismatched, rear tire slow leak, vehicle pulled to the left. vibration over 40 mph, missing 2nd key fob, bottom transmission and engine covers falling off due to missing hardware, power seat not working, ripped door gasket, missing emergency equipment in trunk, sunroof gasket leaking, weak radio reception, headlight adjustment off, and plastic panel hardware missing in the engine compartment
the vehicle is a 2015 Genesis all wheel drive it needs matching tires brand and size.
it been over 4 month and i have not been able to get most issues resolved. i get voicemails and empty promises. I have a sander scrape on my fender from the first visit. appears to be done from the tool used to scuff the tire plug they put in which they denied doing until after i showed them the service record i found on Hyundai online service records but the Service manager Bill Depalma stated they are not responsible because i didn't notice it before i left service. it was dark when i left.
Bill Depalma also can't make a decision on whether or not to replace the tires which are mismatched on the rear and service blamed the front tires being to far apart in tread depth causing the car to pull to the left. the service writer blame Service Manager Bill Depalma for not making a decision that's if you can get a hold of your service writer. my car has been in for 3 service visits totaling 24 days.
i tried one more time to have the tire problem addressed and i was told Bill Depalma has to look the car over again. so i cancelled the appointment and i am in contact with a lawyer.
as a thank for the last service visit that lasted 21 days the rear tire that is mismatched and they tried to plug was just about flat when i did a walk around the vehicle before i left. i went back into service to ask for air i was told service was closed and locked for the night five minutes prior to my asking. there is a convenient store down the street you can try.
save your self the aggregation and find a better car dealership.

RT
Rashad T.
03/25/2019 Category: Service
Not happy engine recall
Engine recall not fixed the first time.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/25/2019