Overall Rating 3.039999/5Overall Rating 3.039999/5Overall Rating 3.039999/5rating 3.039999rating 3.039999
Overall Rating 2.12/5Overall Rating 2.12/5rating 2.12rating 2.12rating 2.12

Continue reading recommended reviews

Taunton, MA
2019 Hyundai Sonata
07/13/2019 Category: Service
False advertising
I was told free oil changes for the life of the car well that's clearly not true. First one is but then they try to stick you with a ridiculous high bill the next few services. Some of the things on the list don't need to be done at all. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone to buy a car .. Doesn't seem like its a well run business.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 07/15/2019

I apologize that we failed to properly explain our “First For Life Program” and the benefits that you will receive for being a loyal customer when you purchased your vehicle. The program was put into place to show our customers that we value their business and in return all we ask is that our customers stay loyal to us. I have attached a copy of your maintenance schedule for your vehicle from the factory which can be found in your owner’s manual. Keep in mind that your owner’s manual is the same manual that comes with all (vehicle make) across the United States and depending on where you live the maintenance schedules will vary due to different climate conditions. Here at First Auto Group we took what is most likely needed on vehicles in the New England area based on our experience, price shopping our competitors, and put it all together at a discounted price. Enrollment into the program is complimentary on all vehicles that we sell and to receive all our benefits that we offer we ask that you follow our maintenance schedule which I have also attached. We are giving you a lifetime engine guarantee on your vehicle and I hope you can understand that in order to give you that guarantee we need to be the only place to maintain your vehicle.  You are not required to be enrolled into this program and can opt out at any time. Again, we are not asking you to do anything above and beyond properly maintaining your vehicle.

EF
Edward F.
Plainville, MA
07/07/2019 Category: Service
people are terrible
We were ripped off with no apology
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 07/08/2019

CP
Cathy P.
Riverside, RI
2015 Hyundai Tucson
06/22/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Service
Three hour wait time after I was told on the phone that it would be about one and a half hours. How long does it take to replace rear brakes and oil change????? Also, I called to schedule the appointment and the person on the phone neglected to put me in the schedule. I wasn't informed of the service that was provided until after the fact, (IE: being charged for washer fluid, tire rotation, etc.). Furthermore, nothing on the work order was explained to me when my car was completed. Just because I'm a female doesn't mean I'm stupid. That's all.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/25/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

David S.
Riverside, RI
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/09/2019 Category: Service
Poor service
Find another service shop
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 05/11/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 3 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

PC
PAUL C.
Providence, RI
05/01/2019
Bad repair
By far the worst dealer experience in my entire life.
After determining the AC problem was a bad compressor the dealer refused to acknowledge the issue had been happening for over a year while still under warranty and had been incorrectly repaired twice, once costing me $450. They agreed to contact Hyundai Customer Assurance to get an adjustment and told me Hyundai would pay 50%.

I called Hyundai myself and was told that they offered the dealer a 75% reimbursement not 50% so I called the dealer back and they agreed to the 75% so I scheduled the repair.

When I picked up the care the dealer added $300 to the original estimate because they said that the warranty rate was different than the customer rate and held firm.

This was a typical sleazy move that you would expect from a fly by night used car dealer. Truly not as customer focused as they say they are.

NH

04/11/2019 Category: Service
Not what I expected!
I am disappointed
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/12/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 1 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Michael G.
Carver, MA
04/03/2019
Certified Pre-Owned SCAM
7 days to get a registration
7 additional days to get a sticker
finance is not honest i was quoted 72 months @9,5% interest rate. i was told i can get a 8.5% interest rate if i get the Hyundai 120000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I didn't notice they changed the months to 75. i was forced to buy glass etching with out being asked. also it was a CPO car the etching was already on it from the previous lease.
i thought i was buying a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle with 15000 miles on it. it was clear right after i took delivery that the 150 point CPO inspection was not actually done.
Rear Tires mismatched, rear tire slow leak, vehicle pulled to the left. vibration over 40 mph, missing 2nd key fob, bottom transmission and engine covers falling off due to missing hardware, power seat not working, ripped door gasket, missing emergency equipment in trunk, sunroof gasket leaking, weak radio reception, headlight adjustment off, and plastic panel hardware missing in the engine compartment
the vehicle is a 2015 Genesis all wheel drive it needs matching tires brand and size.
it been over 4 month and i have not been able to get most issues resolved. i get voicemails and empty promises. I have a sander scrape on my fender from the first visit. appears to be done from the tool used to scuff the tire plug they put in which they denied doing until after i showed them the service record i found on Hyundai online service records but the Service manager Bill Depalma stated they are not responsible because i didn't notice it before i left service. it was dark when i left.
Bill Depalma also can't make a decision on whether or not to replace the tires which are mismatched on the rear and service blamed the front tires being to far apart in tread depth causing the car to pull to the left. the service writer blame Service Manager Bill Depalma for not making a decision that's if you can get a hold of your service writer. my car has been in for 3 service visits totaling 24 days.
i tried one more time to have the tire problem addressed and i was told Bill Depalma has to look the car over again. so i cancelled the appointment and i am in contact with a lawyer.
as a thank for the last service visit that lasted 21 days the rear tire that is mismatched and they tried to plug was just about flat when i did a walk around the vehicle before i left. i went back into service to ask for air i was told service was closed and locked for the night five minutes prior to my asking. there is a convenient store down the street you can try.
save your self the aggregation and find a better car dealership.

RT
Rashad T.
03/25/2019 Category: Service
Not happy engine recall
Engine recall not fixed the first time.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/25/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. Our goal is your satisfaction. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey earning only 2 stars. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. Our goal is your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience. please let us know what we could have done better to earn 5 stars. We look forward to seeing you for future service and you please be on the lookout for another survey that will allow you to rescore us.

Boston, MA
03/13/2019 Category: Service
Nice people
Aside from it taking over a year for name to be correctly entered into the system, I am overall satisfied with my experience here. Couple of other issues here and there, but that is due to a certain individual and a miscommunication during the buying process.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. The survey is a reflection on the service advisor’s performance. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve. If you would like to rescore your advisor’s performance, I have sent you a rescore link. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Andrea M.
Portsmouth, RI
2012 Hyundai Veloster
02/15/2019 Category: Service
People are great.
Recommend the service but can't the product sadly.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 02/16/2019

GL
Gary L.
Mansfield, MA
12/11/2018
Be very careful about buying a car there
Be aware that this dealership utilizes highly deceptive and unscrupulous sales practices. I own both a HYundai Sonata and an Elantra and have used utilized tis dealership for service but will no longer have anything to do with them.

I received a mailer from this dealership indicating that they were having a contest; the mailer included a prize number and you had to bring it to the dealership to match it against the list of winning prize numbers. The odds of winning a large prize were of course very small, but the mailer indicated that everyone would win at least a $25 gift card to Target department stores.

I scheduled my Sonata for some service at the dealership service, took it in and while there checked the prize list – as expected, I had only won the $25 Target gift card, which was fine. I was then advised by the dealership that they would mail it to me. What I subsequently received was nothing but a scam. In order to receive the $25 Target gift card, I was required to 1) fill out and mail in a form to a marketing company called Nationwide Incentives Inc, 2) in addition to providing my mailing address, provide that marketing company with my email address and phone number and 3) as per the form (in the fine print at the bottom of the form), agree to allow that Nationwide Incentives company to do the following: “Information collected about you will be shared with corporate affiliates to solicit you with sales offers in the future.”

In other words, someone would only be provided with the $25 gift card if they agreed to be bombarded with junk/spam emails as well as calls from telemarketers. Requiring me to both provide them with my private personal information and agree to be subjected that is entirely unethical – this was just an inexcusable scam by the First Hyundai dealership as this “contest” was utilized to bring people into their dealership while it obviously did not cost them a penny (it would be a bargain for that Nationwide Incentives company to be able to obtain and utilize all of that personal information by paying a mere $25). It is absolutely disgusting that the First Hyundai dealership did that – needless to say, I did not submit the form for the $25 gift card.

I called the First Hyundai dealership sales department on three separate occasions to discuss this and was told that someone would get back to me. Noone ever did so I gave up.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/12/2018

I appologize for this but please remember that this review is for the Service Advisor and the Service Department. We will be happy to forward your concerns to the Sales Department and have someone contact you. Please be on the lookout for another survey which will let you rescore the Service Department.

DE
David E.
Littleton, MA
2015 Hyundai Genesis
12/06/2018 Category: Service
Did I just buy a lemon?
Just bought a sweet CPO genesis, yeah!

Nope, looks like got a lemon.

The dashboard flaked out before I drained the first tank. Now it’s in the shop, undrivable, and they have no idea what’s wrong. When I looked at the service record online, it listed something ominous that required a new gage unit be put in before I even picked up the car! Doesn’t CPO mean it has a clean record and hasn’t had any issues! Boy do I feel like a sucker.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 12/07/2018

Acushnet, MA
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
07/21/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed service outcome
Vehicle had a patched tire at time of purchase and wasn't aware.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 07/21/2018

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey.If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

Stacey C.
Woonsocket, RI
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/06/2018 Category: Service
Wishing zero stars were an option
I only have 1 star because it wouldn't allow me to give 0. Worst car buying experience ever. Very unprofessional. I had to go back for service for the same thing 3 times in one week using my lease miles. Inaccurate information. False promises. I always leave reviews and they are very rarely negative but this experience can only be described in that way..Negative.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/08/2018

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey. I am glad you  hade the time time to talk yesterday Harold.

CD
Christina D.
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
06/02/2018 Category: Service
STAY AWAY
When I purchased this car, I had nothing but issues. After negotiating a monthly rate with the salesperson, I went into the room to sign paperwork. On the last document I was supposed to sign, the price did not match what we had discussed. The person told me it "wasn't a big deal" because it wasn't a large amount more. We had them shred that contract and draft up a completely new one. I bought a certified pre-owned car. There were some minor little dirt marks on the interior that I was told would be cleaned up. It was not. The day I got the car it was VERY VERY clear that absolutely NO cleaning was done (interior or exterior). I was then given ONE key fob with the vehicle. After researching and speaking with Hyundai Corporate, I found out that it is REQUIRED that all certified pre owned Hyundais come with at least TWO. I had to argue for them to make me a new one.

I honestly don't have time to continue writing all of the negative things that I have had to deal with with the dealership. Trust me, though. It is NOT worth your time. Don't be fooled by the "FIRST FOR LIFE" program...it is a scam. I even had an employee of the dealership admit this after I walked through the logistics with him for about 20 minutes.

I brought my car in for a manufacturer's safety recall. Booking the appointment in general was a nightmare. I dialed the "Service" number from the website, yet still had to go through multiple automated menus before actually getting to the service department. The first woman I spoke with tried to tell me there were no current recalls on my vehicle. Then I was transferred to someone else. The second person had no idea what I was calling about, because the first woman did not give them any information. Therefore, I had to explain everything a second time. This is terrible business practice, and it shows that First Hyundai does not value my time. After booking the appointment, I later called to ask if I could add a MA State Inspection to my appointment. I had to repeat all of my information , tell THEM the date of my service, name, vehicle, etc. I'm not sure why they were unable to just pull me up in the system. This is very frustrating. The woman on the phone told me they were unable to give me an estimate on how long the service would take. I was dropping my car off at 8am, and she told me it would be ready "by the end of the day". Upon arriving for my scheduled appointment, I AGAIN had to answer a million questions and provide all of my information again (why didn't they have this ready already? They knew I was coming). While my car was in the shop, I was called to be notified that the entire MA state system was down and I could not get an inspection sticker. I was then told that there was "no way it would pass inspection" and would need over $500 in work. There was no way I was going to give this dealership any of my money, so I took my car to a reputable mechanic that I trust. I brought them the quote from First Hyundai. The mechanic told me that there was nothing wrong with my brakes, and that there was no need to replace any of the things that First Hyundai quoted me on. My car passed inspection without issue. I should have known better after the NUMEROUS issues I have had with this dealership in the past. I thought because it was a standard recall I would be okay. NEVER AGAIN. I will continue to rate this dealership poorly in as many places as possible and spread the word about their poor business practices and terrible customer service.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 06/02/2018

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. If you would like to go over any service issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

2008 Hyundai Tiburon
04/24/2018 Category: Service
Didn't have any work done
I didn't have any work done but everyone seemed nice and professional.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 04/24/2018

I would like to thank you for taking time and filling out the survey. I am sorry to see how low we scored on the survey.If you would like to go over any issues, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at 508-699-4700 extension 1340 or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction

Foxborough, MA

Joseph S.
Milford, MA
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
03/21/2018 Category: Service
Great Concern as to Hyundai Quality and Safety
Presently I have been without my car for about a month due to 2 different major issues. The first was the need to replace my 2013 Sonata Hybrid transmission ( 60,000 miles). After the return of the vehicle's hybrid system shut down and stranded my wife and I on the highway for over 4 hours!!
Almost 2 weeks later I still do not have my car back. I assume i will get it back in the next day or so. But at the same time, my confidence in the quality and safety of my less that 4 year old car has greatly diminished. Not sure I will buy another Hyundai.
As to First Hyundai, I have had good experience with them over the last 4 years and this is the first negative one. The dealership has stood behind the car and has covered all costs. So no complaints and only positives on that. I can't call it a positive since the car failure was very dangerous and happened less than 24 hours after the return from a total transmission replacement.
Billy D., Service Manager from First Hyundai responded on 03/22/2018

or email me bdepalma@firsthyundai.com. Our goal is your satisfaction.

SG