Overall Rating 4.719512/5Overall Rating 4.719512/5Overall Rating 4.719512/5Overall Rating 4.719512/5rating 4.719512
Overall Rating 2.33537/5Overall Rating 2.33537/5rating 2.33537rating 2.33537rating 2.33537

Clearwater Beach, FL
2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe
08/19/2019 Category: Service
Better bring a book or have somewhere to go!
As always, it takes WAY too long for a scheduled appointment oil change. This time it was 2 1/2 hours!!!!!
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

A member of management will be reaching out to you.

LD
Nothing

Jacqueline B.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/09/2019 Category: Service
Working on improving customer service issues.
Happy to see they remedied a bad experience.

08/09/2019 Category: Service
Chaotic, unorganized Service Department
I love Hyundai's but would never purchase another vehicle from this dealership. Will take my business elsewhere
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 08/10/2019

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 08/15/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I am glad we were able to resolve your concerns.

Leslie M.
Saint Petersburg, FL
2017 Hyundai Accent
08/08/2019 Category: Service
Unreliable
Don't fix correctly first time. Scratched steering wheel. 2017 Accent purchased here have had nothing but trouble.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 08/09/2019

A member of management will be reaching out to you.

CR
Charles R.
08/08/2019
Multiple problems with one visit, and NO RESPONSE to my email regarding the issues
I had my 2017 Santa Fe in to replace a tire with a hole in the sidewall. After I got home, I noticed multiple problems. I was overcharged, the work was sloppy, the mileage was wrong on my invoice which affects the tire warranty, and worst of all: I wrote my service advisor (Meghan Parker) and the service manager (David Bartalis) an email with my concerns six (6) days ago and did not receive any response whatsoever.

Here is the email I sent, which didn't even receive the courtesy of a response:

1. The mileage on the itemized receipt is incorrect. Instead of 43,023 as stated in the receipt, the mileage on the vehicle is 23,023. This needs to be corrected as it affects the tire warranty.

2. I was quoted an out the door price of $188. The service advisor even wrote that amount on the "I don't need an estimate if it doesn't exceed this amount" document I signed when dropping off. I was charged $195.71.

3. White lubricant was left all over the rim, and should have been cleaned off. Please see the attached photo. It's very unsightly. I've never had a new tire delivered in that condition before.

4. The car was supposed to be washed, and that's even denoted on the itemized receipt. But it wasn't washed.

Considering this was my first visit to your service department, it's very disappointing to experience so many issues with such a routine service. The car wash and lubricant issues and overcharge wouldn't be worth my time in contacting you, but the incorrect mileage is a problem. So please correct that, and also issue me a refund for the difference between the quote and the price I paid.

Timothy S.
2019 Hyundai Kona
07/29/2019 Category: Service
Customer Service??
Aside from being told to wait outside in my car, and afterwards the engine vibration didn't show on computer diagnosis and I should just have to put up with it, I guess they performed an oil change okay.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/30/2019

PS
Parker S.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/20/2019 Category: Service
I felt myself growing old while waiting for an oil change
Service department/efficiency needs improving before I return with either of my Hyundais
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/22/2019

A member of management will be reaching out to you.

VB
Vilma B.
07/19/2019 Category: Service
Unacceptable service
Unacceptable length of time for an oil/filter change. When I booked the appointment the confirmation indicated I would be waiting for my vehicle as I had requested. Fitzgerald needs to take their client’s more seriously.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/23/2019

We are working hard daily to decrease the amount of time vehicles are in our shop while maintaining great quality of work. We apologize that your service took so long.

Jack M.
2013 Hyundai Azera
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Well, I might try it again sometime
Fitzgerald's Hyundai did reach out to me to try and explain the foul up of last week with my bad tire and it's replacement.

Their service manager called and e-mailed, and we talked for some time regarding the issues. He explained it and I understand it, but still????

Yes, there is a learning curve going on with the service adviser I dealt with and it's being looked at, hopefully corrected with proper training.

I will wait before rushing back there as I really need to get pass this latest poor experience.

Certainly, if it's a "Hyundai only" problem with the car.

Would I recommend Fitzgerald's, I'm still not sure I would currently, maybe in a few months.

07/17/2019 Category: Service
Don't go here for service!
Shredded a tire. Took car in about 1:30 pm. Was told I was being "worked in" as they were busy and they take me home via Lyft. They did but never called the about status. I call them about 5:30 pm and spoke to a service adviser who said all tech's had gone home.
He looked at the computer to see status my car and note tech said needed a tire. I said OK, do it.
Called the next am about 9:30 to get status. Nothing done. Adviser called me back and said would get right on it but would take a hour or so.
I went there about 11:45 and car was still sitting in muddy lot with nothing don. Wow!

Finally, after me getting noisy and expressing total displeasure with service they fixed it.

Even some of their own auto sale personnel were complaining about the lack of good service at this dealership. Said it was causing them to lose repeat business.

Something is broken here!
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/17/2019

Jack

My nave is David Bartalis, I an the Service Director at Fitzgerald's. When you have the chance can you please reach out to me in regards to your recent service. Thanks in advance.

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/18/2019

Jack it was a pleasure speaking with you today. As I stated on the phone we had some major technology issues on our end that caused us to over book many appointments. We have the issue corrected now. When you need service in the future I hope you take me up on my offer. Tank you for taking the time to call me back and we look forward to helping you in the future.

Saint Petersburg, FL
Bad service rep
Brandi Judd was rude and unfair.

My name is David Bartalis, I am the Service Director at Fitzgerald Hyundai. When you have the chance can you please reach out to me so I can discuss your service visit with us. Thank you in advance...

EB
Elaine B.
Largo, FL
2007 Hyundai Tucson
Rescore
I have been provided with a plausible explanation but stiil am not happy with it. Dave the service manager did resolve our differences and refunded my payment for the diagnostics which i do appreciate. But in future i would recommend that they give everyone a written estimate. Thank you forcresponding to my original review.

Unacceptable experience
Bad

Elaine, thanks you for taking the time to speak with time today. Feedback from our customers, epically when things don't go well, is crucial to out goal of improving daily. I apologize our the miscommunication, as I stated on the phone the part was not attached to the estimate because of a clerical error. We thank you for choosing us to service your vehicle and look forward to helping you in the future.

WC
William C.
07/12/2019 Category: Service
Service time exceeded estimate
I will not return for service.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/13/2019

a member of management will be reaching out to you.

06/28/2019 Category: Service
Almost 2 hours for an oil change
The service department is running slower than a snail's pace and with six service bays for just oil changes It should not take almost 2 hours for an oil change. The service manager explained they were short staffed after the fact what's it called to voice my concern. I wish I was able to get out of the service contract but since I cannot I am looking to get a different vehicle so I no longer have to deal with the service department.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 06/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on the phone. We have additional staff going through training as we speak to help decrease wait times for service.

Mary C.
Pinellas Park, FL
06/20/2019 Category: Service
I answered all your questions
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 06/21/2019

Thank you for giving us a review. We have some plans plans in the immediate future that will help to lessen the amount of time for basic service. We thank you for being a Fitz customer and will see you next time you come in

HY
Helen Y.
Clearwater, FL
06/18/2019 Category: Service
Service sucks.
Never received the loaner car and wasted 2 whole days because of that. Never go to this dealer. This is the 3rd miserable service experience I've had at this dealership. STAY AWAY!!!
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 06/20/2019

Helen I apologize that your visit to our dealership did not go as planned. I will be looking into why you did not receive a loaner vehicle. I will be reaching out to you personally after I have some answers.

Mackenzie G.
Clearwater, FL
2011 Hyundai Elantra
06/18/2019 Category: Service
they need better or more technicians better time management and customer service
I spent five hours for a oil change and to have a sound checked while starting my car. They said it was my exhaust which I wasn’t convinced 130 dollar clips was the answer on top of replacing a belt for 220 dollars. After believing what I was told from who I thought were professionals my car is still making a noise. I returned to have them relook at it I was told I had to wait which is semi understandable but I had already waited 5 hours three days before so I gave them a hour and a half still no resolution. I told them I will just take my car and take care of it another way if after 6 and a half hours it’s still not resolved. I was then offered a loaner after I wanted to leave to then be told he can’t give me a loaner with my current car insurance that they have gotten many letters they can’t do it. I’ve been a customer for 5 years always go there to get my car fixed and serviced have always listened to what I’ve been advised to do this time was terrible I don’t think I want to return back

Thank you for taking the time to review our business. Our technicians work very hard daily to make sure our customer vehicles are fixed correctly the 1st time. The are some occasions where a vehicle will need to come back a 2nd time for further diagnosis. When this happens we have our technicians slow down to make sure any problems are 100% resolved. When this happens it can slow the process down too. We will typically put these customers in loaner vehicles however there are some insurance companies that we can not use with our loaners. We will remain available to you for service and will be more than happy to arrange a ride to and from our dealership while your vehicle is here.

ES
Elizabeth S.
06/04/2019 Category: Service
rATING IS INCORRECT
LOUSY
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 06/04/2019

I will be reaching out to you.

05/27/2019 Category: Service
six weeks to get a part!
they broke it and then promised in a week. Not! Then a month! Not! This company has not a clue when it comes to service! I do not know, or care, if the fault was the dealer or the company. It is all the same to the customer. Horrible service and communications!
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/29/2019

We do our very best to get parts from Hyundai as quick as possible. Looking at your repair order I see that you were provided a loaner vehicle while your vehicle was waiting on the part to try and minimize any inconvenience you may have had.

2013 Hyundai Genesis
05/17/2019 Category: Service
Poor service
Took my Genesis 5.0 for 2 issues. One being an issue with the car not always starting when depressing the brake and start button and the other with both front seat head rests randomly deploying. After almost 3 1/2 hours of waiting, neither issue was fixed and I was left paying 150+ in labor and no resolution for the ignition issue, but was offered a option to replace the headrest for a mere 1200.00. Seems very excessive when it appears to be a manufactures defect.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/20/2019

We make every effort to diagnosis the vehicle when it comes in, however, it can get difficult when there is an intermittent concern. I do see that we pulled history codes out of 4 modules related to the starting issue. I see the tech requested that you drive the vehicle until the starting issue occurs again and then bring it back in so we can determine which module has the fault. When this happens lease give us a call to make an appointment.

JO
John O.
05/04/2019
Not good
I have been going to this dealership for along time a never had a problem but the last time I was there for maintenance the service rep told me I needed a battery but she said it was not covered under warranty I said why it’s a 36 month battery and the car is 24 months she said it’s not covered this time I came in with a problem my tailgate would not stay closed I can’t drive a car with the tailgate open when I came I was told we are not taking walk in’s today but I could speak to a rep he told me they have no open appointments for 2 Weeks but I could leave the car and no loner it’s my only car i asked how about Saturday he said no we only have a small crew on Saturday I left when I got home I called New Port Richie Hyundai they set me up with an appointment right away for Saturday needless to say I will not return to this dealership