Overall Rating 4.719512/5Overall Rating 4.719512/5Overall Rating 4.719512/5Overall Rating 4.719512/5rating 4.719512
Overall Rating 2.33537/5Overall Rating 2.33537/5rating 2.33537rating 2.33537rating 2.33537

LL
Luis L.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/09/2019 Category: Service
Time
To much time
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 08/13/2019

08/07/2019 Category: Service
Last visit not so great...
Took 2 hours for a SCHEDULED routine oil change. Why even bother making an appointment? I've done "walk-in" service here before and it didn't even take that long. On top of that, mechanics didn't check brake fluid reservoir level during inspection.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 08/09/2019

2013 Hyundai Veloster
07/23/2019 Category: Service
oil change
I will never buy another Hyundai just because of the ridiculous number of hours I have had to spend at the service center for simple oil changes. I can't commit to doing it for another 5 years or for another vehicle. Also, I have a normal daytime job, I have to come in on Saturdays, where there is less staff and always busy. Even when I call to make my appointment the receptionist laughs when I need a Saturday appointment and the lack of availability.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/24/2019

Jeffrey S.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/22/2019 Category: Service
Service has taken a turn for the worse
My thoughts on this visit really begin with my last visit. First, I have 4 Hyundai vehicles, two of which were purchased at Fitzgerald. On my previous visit, my wife's Azera was in for service. The passenger window motor and the A/C were both having problems. While the A/C repair was fine, the repair of the window was not. When we got the vehicle back, the door lock would not work, and the door could not be opened from the inside of the vehicle. Clearly, the mechanic didn't spot check the work for quality. This necessitated another trip to the dealer. There were also several questions about whether the bumper to bumper warranty, which we purchased from Fitzgerald, would cover the repair. Ultimately, it did, but it was still frustrating to have to answer questions about a warranty which you should have on file. On this current visit, I brought the car in for an oil change, tire rotation, an analysis of a brake noise (coming from rear brakes which had recently been installed by Fitzgerald), and a nut that had somehow detached itself from the inside of the rear spoiler. I had an appointment for Monday at 8:45 ( which is another issue in that the first available appointment was two weeks out from the time I set it, which is unacceptable-my last two oil changes have had to be done elsewhere because the time to get an appointment would have put me way over mileage.) I dropped the car off. I didn't hear anything until almost 4:00 PM, when the SA called me to advise that the work was being completed. When I asked what the issue was with the brakes, she couldn't tell me. She said that she would have to check and find out. I never heard anything back that day. At about 1:00 on Tuesday, I replied to the text message I had received upon dropping the car off. I got no response. At about 3:00, I called the service department, but got voicemail. I left a message. About 3:45, I got a call from the service desk saying that my car was ready. I highly suspect that my car was ready way before that, but no one had let me know. I questioned the situation with the brakes, and the service counter person (I think her name is Alexis) told me that the notes said that a 5 mile test drive had been done, and the noise wasn't heard. Everything was within specs. I picked up the car about 5:45. I asked if the nut, which I had previously ordered and prepaid from the parts department, had been installed, there was no note of it on the paperwork. Upon looking at my vehicle, it was still taped up, so it was obvious that no one had looked at the issue, despite the service document having the problem written on it and highlighted with a marker. Since my service adviser had left for the day, another adviser said that it was clearly an oversight. He said that he would leave a note for Ms. Parker, and they would "make it right" the following day. I paid my bill, which I thought was high for the work done. When I got in my car, I took a closer look at my bill and noticed that I had not received by $35.00 credit. I had to go back into the office and get the credit applied. I also noticed that my dash camera had been disconnected. Someone had tried to reconnect it and had plugged the power supply into the wrong connection. Why would someone disconnect my dash cam? Did anyone really take a five mile test drive? I decided to wait to see what the "making it right" promise would bring. By the afternoon of the following day, I had not heard anything. That afternoon, I called the number for the service manager, leaving a thorough voicemail. I got no response. The following day, I had heard nothing. That afternoon (Thursday), I left another message for the service manager at the number provided on the paperwork. The voicemail clearly identified the service manager's name, so I no I had the right number. It is now Monday, and I still have not received a call. I am very disappointed. I am actually contemplating a new vehicle purchase, and David Warner is the best salesman I have ever worked with. But at this point, I would be reluctant to buy from Fitzgerald. Any one of these problems would be no big deal, but when you combine them, it is really unacceptable, particularly the lack of communication and the failure of the service manager to respond to two messages.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/22/2019

Kenneth City, FL
07/16/2019 Category: Service
Need to improve service time
The Service Director contacted me regarding my recent service and the lengthy wait for an oil change. I have been reassured that they have indeed hired additional service techs. Once the techs are trained, service times are expected to improve. The Service Director, David, was very kind and addressed my concerns adequately. I look forward to continuing to receive excellent service at Fitzgerald Hyundai.

07/16/2019 Category: Service
Need to improve service time
This is the second time it took more than 2 hours for a basic oil change. There was no communication on the status during my wait. They said they have recently hired additional techs to help improve service time due to the high volume. I hope this is true.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/18/2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to speak with me today. As I stated on the phone we have recently added 3 additional technicians to our express team to help with wait times. They are in training now and will be ready to go next week. We thank you for being a valued customer and look forward to helping you next time you come in.

bartalisd@fitzmall.com
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/27/2019

We appreciate your review of our service department. Thank you for being a part of the Fitzgerald family. Have a wonderful weekend

2014 Hyundai Tucson
07/12/2019 Category: Service
oil change and front brakes
Oil change took a little over an hour. I expected that.
The from brake job took over two hours!! It was promised in about one hour.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/13/2019

We apologize that the time was misquoted to you. A typical brake job will take approximately 2 hours. We will use this as a coaching opportunity with our service advisors. We thank you for being part of the Fitzgerald family.

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Communication Needs Work in Service Department
I was given zero updates on the status of the repair. I was told 1.5 hours but only after sitting for 2.5 hours, and I had to be the one to ask, was I told the car was being test driven. Another 30 minutes and again I had to ask... told it was being brought up as we speak. Paperwork given to the service cashier?, nice lady, with no communication to me whatsoever about that was done, was was repaired etc. I still have no idea what was repaired (paperwork notes were a bit vague). I then had to wait even longer for the car to be driven up the driveway. I finally walked to the car myself as he was pulling up. Everybody else received fabulous service (given updates, courteous etc.) except me, I was apparently invisible that day. I felt I was lied to about the status of the repairs (didn't take an hour to test drive a car and drive it to the front). The car had only 5 additional miles on it and 12 miles to empty in the tank, they didn't drive it for nearly 45 minutes that's for sure. I even thought maybe they were washing it or vacuuming it because of the delay, nope. Worst repair service experience ever, which is a shame because the experience of purchasing the car was one of the best.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/12/2019

A member of management will be reaching out to you.

bartalisd@fitzmall.com

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. Your feedback on your experience will help us to grow our team. We thank you for being a Fitz customer and look forward to doing better next time you come in.

Raymond G.
Tarpon Springs, FL
Friendly
The last time I had an oil change I was in and out this time I waited a little to long I would recommend to a friend but tell them not to be in a hurry

A member of management will be reaching out to you.

MT
Michelle T.
Dunedin, FL
2019 Hyundai Kona
Ok
I purchased a service plan because I cannot take hours off of work to sit and wait. I need a loaner to keep working during the service appt. That has always been my experience here even with an appt. I was told that I cannot continue to get a loaner even though that was the reason I asked about and then purchased this plan.

SO
Suzi O.
Palm Harbor, FL
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Poor Service Advisor
I have made my response known, communication is key. Unfortunately, not all service advisors have the proper training.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 07/11/2019

SG
Sheila G.
Safety Harbor, FL
07/08/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication and customer service.
The advisor blamed the computers being down for the poor sequence of events but nobody else around me had the concern. People who came after me left far ahead of me.There appears to just be very poor communication and the customer gets lost in the confusion.

LC
Lynda C.
Safety Harbor, FL
06/28/2019 Category: Service
2 Hour Oil Change
As above states, no updates while waiting, no apologies at the service area. Just BAD
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 06/29/2019

Lynda I apologize that your service took so long. We currently have additional express service technicians in training to help decrease the amount of time a service takes.

St. Petersburg, FL
2016 Hyundai Elantra
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Too long a wait
When you know ahead of time, and you schedule the appointment knowing that someone is waiting, it seems customer friendly to make their waiting time as short as possible. Over 2 hours seems unnecessary unless there was a dire emergency; and then an explanation would be in order. The work was fine; except my side mirror was totally knocked out of kilter, which I didn't realize until I couldn't even see any cars, only the road. A minor frustration which I was able to correct. Thank you for letting me vent. Overall I am usually satisfied with the service I get.

06/08/2019 Category: Service
As of today rating is not good
Previous to this I had good results with everybody
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 06/11/2019

We apologize that the noise is still there. We will be reaching out to you to schedule an appointment.

2015 Hyundai Genesis
05/24/2019 Category: Service
Service advisor poor attitude
Service Advisor had a terrible arrogant attitude. She really should come down a notch. Left a bad taste in my mouth for sure.
Ive been there many times so I will recommend, but someone should explain to her how important customers are.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/28/2019

I apologize for the service you received. This type of customer service is not typical of Brandi. I will be reaching out to you to discuss further.

Janice L.
Oldsmar, FL
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/24/2019 Category: Service
So sad.....this used to be outstanding.
I am a repeat customer for over 8 years. Through my family and friends we have purchased 8 or more cars. All the cars have been maintained and serviced at Fitzgerald. I am disappointed in the service dept. inability to properly service a loyal customer in a timely manner due to so many recalls. I recently had my own emergency and was not shown the "Fitz" way at all. The service adviser would not budge on the appt. schedule. He then suggested I drop the car off for a day or two and he would try to work it in. I requested a loaner and again was told "no". My emergency was not important enough to warrant a loaner. (his words) I believe I have a loaner clause on my extended warranty I purchased for $700.00. It wasn't until my salesman learned I was looking at a Subaru and wanting to know why, that he learned how upset I was with the service dept. and Hyundai.

I will be reaching out to you to discuss further.

2012 Hyundai Genesis
05/21/2019 Category: Service
First visit not the best, willing to give it One moe try.
Great job on finding an ongoing problem that Hyundia of New Port Richey could not find ! Your service team found on the 1st try!
Service adviser could have been more proactive with updates, as I sat in the waiting room until end of day, 4+ hours wasted of my day.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/22/2019

We are glad to hear that we were able to solve your concern. A member of management will be reaching out to you about the wait time.

Dunedin, FL
05/17/2019 Category: Service
Updated review based on service manager's contact
After a less than average experience with a re-visit to have an issue corrected that had been introduced during a general service visit, David, the service manager reached out with a phone call. His professionalism and level of concern seemed genuine and we greatly appreciated his contact.

05/17/2019 Category: Service
Did not seem to care
We like our Sonata just fine. We have received acceptable service in the past. Our latest service appointment included a defective part being installed which caused us to have to bring the vehicle back to have this corrected. While the problem was taken care of, not one person expressed any concern that this had happened nor did anyone apologize for the inconvenience we experienced. Just gives the impression that no one really cared.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/20/2019

bartalisd@fitzmall.com

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and give me more insight on your experience. If you need anything in the future please let me know.

FB
Francis B.
05/07/2019 Category: Service
View previous comments with regard to service
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/08/2019

An internal review found that the technician who installed your radio was not the same technician who originally diagnosed and unplugged the steering wheel switch. We make every effort to fix every vehicle correctly the 1st time but occasionally this does happen when you have multiple technicians working on the same car. We are sorry for the inconvenience but are happy to hear everything is working now.

Mely D.
Oldsmar, FL
05/03/2019 Category: Service
High cost of repair. Loaner car not available.
A small rubber washer failed above the brake pedal. The rubber washer has a small nipple in the middle that is inserted above the brake pedal. This low-mileage car part should not have failed. It also took the mechanic 45 seconds to see this was missing and another 45 seconds to replace the new part. It took him more time to go to the parts department to get the new part then it did to actually replace the part.

Also I paid for a loaner car program when the car was purchased to have a loaner car available whenever the car was brought in for service. The dealership claimed they were out of loaner cars so I had to miss one day of work because I had to wait for my car to be repaired.
DAVID M B., Service Director from Fitzgerald's Countryside Hyundai responded on 05/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We apologize that your vehicle had a mechanical failure but it sounds like our staff got you fixed quickly. We make every effort to supply loaner vehicles to as many customers as possible but we do occasionally run out. We do have a partnership with Lyft ride sharing services and will use them to transport our customer to and from work at no charge. In the future if you need to be somewhere and we do not have a loaner please feel free to see your advisor and they can arrange a ride for you. We thank you for being a valued customer and will see you next time you come in.