Overall Rating 4.2389401/5Overall Rating 4.2389401/5Overall Rating 4.2389401/5Overall Rating 4.2389401/5rating 4.2389401
Overall Rating 2.1946931/5Overall Rating 2.1946931/5rating 2.1946931rating 2.1946931rating 2.1946931

Continue reading recommended reviews

Johnny B.
Falling Waters, WV
10/05/2019
The Cox & Freeman Show
Warning to all government employees, whatever you do be certain to get a " WE OWE SLIP " I purchased a 25k certified pre-owed vehicle a week ago, on the very 1st inspection of the vehicle with my salesman I pointed out damage, that he stated " no big deal I can set you up with our body shop, put you in a rental while the repairs are done" Once I took delivery of the vehicle, all repairs promised, the spare key and owners manual got blown off and the salesman and both used car sales managers stop responding to all text messages, emails and never returned any of my phone calls. I should have stayed with Lexus!
CHRISTOPHER S T., Service Manager from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 10/06/2019

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Fitzgerald Hyundai/Subaru, and will take this opportunity to improve with your feedback. I am not sure why would post a negative review for service if you are frustrated with the sales department. If you would like to provide mw additional feedback, I will do what I can to turn your experience around, please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-670-4845.

Sincerely,
Chris Turgeon
Fitzgerald Lakeforest Hyundai Subaru
301-670-4845

08/21/2019 Category: Service
Claims and reimbursement with in the warrenty
I brought my Hundai Elentra 2017 with you and it has a very low milage of 19k. On Sunday Aug 11 and one of my tire got flat due to manufacturing defect and when I came to service center on Mon 11, once of your guys said contact the tire company directly, which is a very unethical response because, when I called the tire company (Hankook) they said dealer has to talk to us and submit the claim not the customer. I took the initiation and called them from Fitz service center and made your associate to submit the claim on behalf of me. That's it after that till today then there is no followup with Hankoon no cation from you guys .
This the type of customer service you provide ...then How can we trust Fitzagerald and how can we referee to some one. 4 of my friends brought the car's from you (I can give names as well) There several people in my community looking for the cars and they go by referral.
If there is no action take on this behalf I am planning to post my feed back even in social medial and spread the word in other plat forms as well.
Thanks
Sreeram

BW
Beth W.
06/21/2019 Category: Service
First Time visiting . Last time visiting
The assistant service manager was forced to help me since the big guy sitting at the front computer shoving a chic filet sandwich, big drink and an ice cream cup down his throat. Service manager knew nothing about the types of oil they offered in the oil changes. When I made the appointment, I scheduled an oil change with synthetic blend oil, since that’s what I had in it from my oils changes at the Hyundai dealership in Indiana. He quoted me for a conventional oil change, after realizing the mixup I asked if he could make sure the oil was at least a synthetic blend. He just looked at me. I ended up paying for a full synthetic oil change. Which costs double the price he quoted me at check in. I also asked about my wheel warranty and a short bald white guy offered to get the palate work out of my glove box. Obviously something happened from the time he exited the door and returned with no papers. I was informed to find the warranty information and let these incompetent men know what to do. Otherwise it’s $145 for each wheel to be replaced.
Like I said, it was my first visit to this dealership and my last one. They offer online coupons for an oil change, tire rotation car wash and interior swept out. The did not extend me this discount.
If you want to watch a group of men be on their cell phones instead of taking care of a new customer then you should visit this business. They won’t disappoint you on their lack of customer service.

Potomac, MD
06/20/2019 Category: Service
See comments above
See comments above
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/21/2019

The manitainance plan has to follow the maintenance scheduled by Hyundai and what Hyundai will compensate the dealer on each service.  This is Hyundai rules not Fitzgerald's. This is also why Fitzgeralds offers our own customer incentive plan which is our "Buyer Protection Plan".  Our service entitles a $35.00 dollar credit every 90 Days to be used on services done at our dealership, it also provides a FREE loaner car to use if you need it. It sounds like from your plan you would've benefitted from the "BPP" and not the Hyundai prepaid plan.

MN
Michelle N.
06/19/2019 Category: Service
Got ignored on arrival
Walked into service department and was completely ignored by 4 customer service representatives for about 2 minutes. It wasn’t until another one walked around the corner and saw me standing there waiting for someone to help me that I was able to get something done.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 06/20/2019

We review the camera footage from the time you walked in
and waited for the service representative. It was about 15 seconds before you were greeted and written up by a service advisor . Other three with either on the phone or with a customer.

Rockville, MD
2016 Hyundai Elantra
03/08/2019 Category: Service
Bad experience
We had an unfortunate experience with one of the service reps that tried to add a lot of extras to the bill. Never had this happen at this dealership. They've always been honest.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 03/09/2019

Apologizes for last service visit.  Our service advisors  are trained to sell what is due by manufacturer and what the tech sees on the car.  They are all honest people and try there best to make sure every customer is getting treated with respect and giving the options on repairs due on miles and time of the car .  Our prices are post on a screen in the waiting room . We also gave you a refund for the miscommunication.

David S.
12/22/2018 Category: Service
A good dealer at the mercy of Hyundai parts
Fitzgerald did a fine service on my car but the waiting for the transmission to come in was outrageous. It should not take a month and a half to get a part from Hyundai, and under these circumstances they should at least give us updates on arrival time for the part. I only found out the part was in when I got notice that my panic alarm was set off while the car was at the dealer (letting me know the car was being pulled out of it's storage location I assume). Other than that my experience with Fitzgerald was great.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 12/26/2018

Sorry for the delay on the parts from Hyundai . Unfortunately this review  was base on the advisor and the dealership as a Hyundai Dealer.  We will keeping working to improve.

TY
TY Y.
Silver Spring, MD
10/15/2018
bad service
I made an appointment and drop off my sonata hybrid 2017 for checking the wired noise. But 8 days passed, the service department keep saying technicians are busy! Hold my car for 8 days?! I want to ask the Service Manager, can you accept this kind of service? It is wasting time totally!

09/26/2018 Category: Service
Ghost problem
The facility and service is ok. My 2018 Sonata Limited is the problem.
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/26/2018

I am sorry to hear your new car is giving you trouble with rear defrost .  We would like to help out and get this issue taken care of. I do have more question about the defrost system . Please give me a call so we can speak more about this issue. Unfortunately without a fail part , Hyundai does not allow us to just replace any part. But please give me a call or email so I can try and help out .

Josh Krumapch

Alexey M.
Germantown, MD
09/11/2018 Category: Service
Car Wash did not work since March 2018! And client know it after he get dirty car! Client can not select appropriate service location with car wash, because did not know that there is no car wash in advance!
The Car wash did not work from MARCH 2018 !!!!!
My car was return dirty! It is awful, there is no car wash after oil changing!!!
The car must be washed outside and inside after service and you did not do it since March 2018!
A was not told the car wash is not valid.
If I knew it did not work, I would went another service!
Repair car wash urgently!
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 09/11/2018

I am sorry are car wash is closed . We are building a 5 story parking deck . We are handing out car wash coupons to auto spa $25.00 value . Free to customer . Sorry we were able to wash your car.

MF
Maneira F.
08/06/2018 Category: Service
Lack of Courtesy
Lack of courtesy

John F.
Clarksburg, MD
06/29/2018
Update: Quality gone waaay down hill
I cant find a way to respond to Mr. Davis response so I'll have to leave another review.
If you had not belittled my wife in a public forum I would not have cared to respond.

This wasn't an apology, its Mr. Davis attempt to smooth over a months and months old incident by suggest my wife was mistaken about what happened. How's that for customer service? Publicly belittling a customer by saying they are wrong in a forum where there is no way to directly respond. "I'm sorry if your wife misunderstood", is insulting and not the same as "I'm sorry". You are also responding to my accusation of the attempt to take advantage of her by suggesting my wife is too stupid to have understood you... Which only reinforces my point.

Second, and most confusingly,
I don't know who you are, you aren't who my wife spoke with. I have their card and it isn't you. it was an Assistant Manager, not the Service Director.
Your description of what happened does not fit with what my wife or I (I was on the phone with her at the time. I am the one who told her to take the card because she was being treated poorly) recall. You can check my survey from months ago when the service happened.

The reader of these reviews can take my two reviews for what they are worth. This oil change service was months and months ago. The card the Assistant Service Manager gave us is not Mr. Davis. My accusation the service department tried to take advantage of my wife was not met with an apology, but the assertion it was my wife's fault for not understanding.

I cannot recommend Fitzgerald, won't buy another vehicle from them and wont take my vehicle to them for anything other than warranty/recall service.

GC
Gary C.
Frederick, MD
04/03/2018
Wrost customer service!!!!
Only reason im giving this 1 start because i had to. I recently brought a car there been maybe 45 days, i traded in my old vehicle there and by accident left the handicap tag i had in my car. So i called right away asking for it someone daid they found it but when i called back maybe a week later to go pick it up,they told me they didnt have it so they will look for it. I called back alot of time afterwards samething been like a month no call no email about it,when i called about my tag arriving (which by the way they never let me know it was there!!!!) I decided to ask about my handicap my sales person told me oh we couldnt find it. What make me mad the most is there was no communication between rep and customer if there was maybe i wouldnt be so mad. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO NO ONE I KNOW!!!!! T
Josh K. from Fitzgeralds Lakeforest Hyundai responded on 04/03/2018

Sale will reach out to you

TE
Thomas E.
Germantown, MD
This review violates the SureCritic Review Policy.