Dixon S.
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Dixon said he was told by the staff that he would be paying a certain amount and when he went back, the amount was higher than what they first agreed on.

ROBERT B.
Dodge Charger
03/10/2018
Expensive ,
Cost to much

Roy M.
Chevrolet El Camino
02/12/2018 Category: Service
Roy said the staff had his vehicle for a year and one month. They were supposed to put a new engine in it, for a little over $4000. They decided the engine was too big, so they put a more powerful engine in it, which isn't what he wanted. He had asked for a smaller engine. Then they said he needed a new transmission, which he agreed to. His bill ended up being over $10,000 and his vehicle kept having issues. The staff kept telling him his vehicle was ready, and when he went to pick it up they were gone. They kept making excuses.

LF
LYNA F.
05/27/2017
Not sure if I'm getting value
I've been to Fred's Wrenchouse at least 3 times. Each time the rep at the desk has been professional and seemingly knowledgeable. But this last time, I was given a quote of $350, to which I ask "is that for everything?" and was told "yes." When it came time to pay, I was told that it was closer to $420. Eventually, the price was knocked down to $390, but I'm still annoyed.

More importantly, this latest repair was to fix a loud rumbling issue that was supposedly repaired a year ago (diagnosed as an engine mount problem ; $650). Now, I'm told that it's a different problem involving the right axle. Fine, this could be so. But after the repair, the rumbling is still there. I have no clue whether the axle had anything to do with the rumbling, whether it was still the engine mount, or whether it's a totally different problem. I've lost trust in this shop.

JOSEPH F.
San Francisco, CA
05/30/2016
Expensive service with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude
I bought a used truck and took it here for an overall inspection. When I came back the next day, the cost of the inspection was fair but the cost of the repairs he was recommending was exorbitant. "Probably more tan you paid for that thing." he said. Over time this remark has not sat well with me. It's a sort of presumptuous thing to say. I'll give two stars because the work was fast. Oh haha I almost forgot. Two weeks after the inspection I threw the timing belt, when I saw the belt it was obviously worn and loose, and the inspection at Fred's did not catch this. That was awfully frustrating. I didn't like the service, nope.

Steve C.
Reno, NV
Volkswagen Jetta
04/16/2016 Category: Service
Steve said the business overcharged for service and didn't correct the problem with this vehicle. For the reasons stated he would not recommend the business for service.
Mariana H. from Fred's Wrenchouse responded on 04/19/2016

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your input. We strive hard to provide top-notch service and hire experienced mechanics and use the best, most high-quality parts. We stand by our work and have a proven reputation for honesty and integrity. We reviewed our records and see that we made some recommendations but that you did not want to move forward with the recommended service so we attempted to find some other possible solutions. We always try to work with our customers to come up with solutions and recommendations in these situations and we apologize if this did not resolve to your satisfaction.

Best regards,
Freds Wrenchouse

RAY B.
03/03/2016
Mechanic left oil stains inside of my car
Whoever did replaced my oil did not take their gloves off when they parked my car outside of the shop. Now I have hand sized oil stains to look at while I drive my car. will not be returning to this business,

Jared S.
Mazda B2300
02/25/2016 Category: Service
Jared said he feels like they overcharged him for the service he received. He paid them $300 to switch out some hoses and now his vehicle cannot pass the inspection. He would not recommend for reasons stated.

CL
CARMELA L.
Subaru Impreza Sedan
07/11/2020
fast and reliable service
I have found a reliable and competent service provider, Fred took the time to explain all my cars needs, and I even could understand most of what he was saying
Thanks for the car care

ROSS G.
Berkeley, CA
Nissan Pickup
07/11/2020
THEY CARE ABOUT FIXING ISSUES PROPERLY.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND THEY EXPECT MY VECHILE. ISSUE'S ARE ALWAYS ADDRESSED AND I ALWAYS GO AWAY VERY HAPPY.
FRED IS EASY TO CHAT WITH AND HIS LADS ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL SO I NEVER WORRY WHEN DRIVING AWAY. ONE HAPPY CAMPER.

PY
PETER Y.
Oakland, CA
07/07/2020
Very helpful shop!!!
I was help by Barry to get an estimate the previous week then I was help by Fred when I bought the car in. They are both very personal as well as professional. I would highly recommend Fred's Wrenchouse.

TL
TOM L.
Lexus ES 350
07/02/2020
Always great customer service and quality work.

CK
CHERANJIT K.
Dodge Journey
07/02/2020
Great service good mechanic praise good
Fast friendly and the owner fred is really nice and honest

NB
Neil B.
Berkeley, CA
06/29/2020 Category: Service
Neil said the business did what they said they would do in a timely manner.

MK
Mario K.
Oakland, CA
Honda Civic Si
06/29/2020 Category: Service
Mario said he hasn't had a problem with the vehicle since they fixed it.