Roy M.
Chevrolet El Camino
02/12/2018 Category: Service
Roy said the staff had his vehicle for a year and one month. They were supposed to put a new engine in it, for a little over $4000. They decided the engine was too big, so they put a more powerful engine in it, which isn't what he wanted. He had asked for a smaller engine. Then they said he needed a new transmission, which he agreed to. His bill ended up being over $10,000 and his vehicle kept having issues. The staff kept telling him his vehicle was ready, and when he went to pick it up they were gone. They kept making excuses.

Steve C.
Reno, NV
Volkswagen Jetta
04/16/2016 Category: Service
Steve said the business overcharged for service and didn't correct the problem with this vehicle. For the reasons stated he would not recommend the business for service.
Mariana H. from Fred's Wrenchouse responded on 04/19/2016

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your input. We strive hard to provide top-notch service and hire experienced mechanics and use the best, most high-quality parts. We stand by our work and have a proven reputation for honesty and integrity. We reviewed our records and see that we made some recommendations but that you did not want to move forward with the recommended service so we attempted to find some other possible solutions. We always try to work with our customers to come up with solutions and recommendations in these situations and we apologize if this did not resolve to your satisfaction.

Best regards,
Freds Wrenchouse

RAY B.
03/03/2016
Mechanic left oil stains inside of my car
Whoever did replaced my oil did not take their gloves off when they parked my car outside of the shop. Now I have hand sized oil stains to look at while I drive my car. will not be returning to this business,

Jared S.
Mazda B2300
02/25/2016 Category: Service
Jared said he feels like they overcharged him for the service he received. He paid them $300 to switch out some hoses and now his vehicle cannot pass the inspection. He would not recommend for reasons stated.