Michael S.
Oakland, CA
Subaru Legacy
09/30/2020 Category: Service
Michael said they seemed average.

ROBERT B.

LF
LYNA F.
Alameda, CA
05/27/2017
Not sure if I'm getting value
I've been to Fred's Wrenchouse at least 3 times. Each time the rep at the desk has been professional and seemingly knowledgeable. But this last time, I was given a quote of $350, to which I ask "is that for everything?" and was told "yes." When it came time to pay, I was told that it was closer to $420. Eventually, the price was knocked down to $390, but I'm still annoyed.

More importantly, this latest repair was to fix a loud rumbling issue that was supposedly repaired a year ago (diagnosed as an engine mount problem ; $650). Now, I'm told that it's a different problem involving the right axle. Fine, this could be so. But after the repair, the rumbling is still there. I have no clue whether the axle had anything to do with the rumbling, whether it was still the engine mount, or whether it's a totally different problem. I've lost trust in this shop.

Jack W.
Berkeley, CA
Saab 9-5
04/23/2016 Category: Service
Jack said the service he received was less than the best.