4.6

Terry G.
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/20/2020 Category: Service
Slow and dishonest
My family has purchased several cars from the Anderson family at the Toyota/Lexus dealer and we have never had a problem with any car we’ve ever bought from them, however we go to their Hyundai dealer and get sold a lemon. I’m a little over a year repairs on the car was exceeding $4500. I was sold a lemon and I will never purchase another vehicle from there ever again!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 05/21/2020

good morning,
       We appreciate the feedback from your recent visit with us here at Hyundai on perryville . I'm sorry to hear that you have had some recent issues and mechanical failures on your 2007 Santa Fe . From what i remember it sounds like your buddy's shop was able to help you out . Unfortunately no matter the recent time of purchase cars that are 13 years old and over a 100,000 miles will have parts fail like your alternator and door lock actuator . Thank you

Rockton, IL
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe

Laurie S.
2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
03/24/2020 Category: Service
Horrible! Four visits - car not fixed
took my Sonata Hybrid in for repair in December and they said it needed a transmission- they kept it for 3 weeks.
one month after having it back i had the same issues where the warning lights would come on and i would lose power while driving. They said it was the regular battery (not the hybrid battery), they didn't even have a test battery in the shop to find out for sure, they had to call me and charge me over $400 to figure out if that would make the 72 errors go away. The car never died or wouldn't start so this was clearly not the issue but the claim it solved it so i was also stuck with about $900.00 in charges from towing, rental and repairs.
Another month later i took the car for an oil change (different company) and they tell me the transmission and oil are leaking. (Perryville had changed my oil previously) I took it back to the dealer and they put another rebuilt transmission in the car.
Within a week, i'm experiencing the same lose of power while driving and warning light along with something rolling across the engine every time i turn. Took it to a different dealer and they said the last mechanic left a bolt on the Cowl and that was what was rolling around and they over filled the transmission fluid which was causing it to leak all over the engine and my garage. On top of all of this, ever since they replaced the first transmission my gas mileage has been between 26-29MPG, i usually received 37 - 38MPG and they can't figure it out. WHATS THE POINT OF A HYBRID IF THE GAS MILEAGE IS WORSE THAN A NORMAL CAR! AVOID this dealer, they clearly don't know how to fix a car and you get an added bonus of MORE issues than when you brought it in!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 03/24/2020

Thank you For the feedback from your recent visit from Hyundai on Perryville . We are currently closed because of the recent health concerns from the virus .

Jeff M.
Stillman Valley, IL

KW
Kimberly W.
Belvidere, IL
2007 Hyundai Elantra
08/13/2019 Category: Service
No words
Again, Roberta Hagman was the only pleasant part of my visit but that is not enough for me to go back. Safety is more important and the service work on the simplest thing was not done properly who forgets or neglects to tighten the lug nuts when rotating tires? I will definitely not be returning here.

KR
Kayla R.
2019 Hyundai Sonata
07/26/2019 Category: Service
Sales was amazing, service HORRIBLE
Bought a brand new car with 8 miles on it. (Mind you the buying process was great and so was my amazing sales lady!!!!!) so Drove it away with problems 1 min after buying it. Brought it in to be turned away claiming my issues to be “normal” several repairs were done the next few times I brought it in including a new transmission in my brand new car. PROBLEM IS STILL THERE. Test drove with someone to point out the problem still existing... she felt it, but suddenly I left my car there and went home and no one feels it yet again. The problem is still there, and I’ll be bringing it back in for a 4th time next week. Then a Sales manager mocked me on social media about my problems, and also is in breech of confidentiality for telling outsiders personal information on my contract. He still has a job which is mind blowing!!! So be careful who you give your information to!!!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 07/26/2019

Good morning,

Im sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your vehicles performance , thank you for your feedback .

07/23/2018 Category: Service
Horrible
Horrible I would have gave this place 0 stars. The experience I had was horrible. Staff does not know how to communicate and does not explain well. I honestly feel as though they sell you a car and then they really could care less about you after that. I literally bought my car in December2017 and I’m already having problems. Not even a year!
Bret B., Service Manager from Hyundai On Perryville responded on 07/27/2018

Good Morning,
   It was unfortunate that you had road damage that caused your issue . We explained this to your boyfriend, if you have any questions please feel free to call us .

LA
Laurie A.
Elgin, IL
07/13/2018
Price Gauging the Norm for Service at Perryville Hyundai
Like to pay double for your repairs? Then Hyundai on Perryville is the right place. I moved to Rockford two years ago from Elgin. I receive coupons regularly from the Elgin dealership at significantly lower prices but Perryville won't honor them. For major repairs (timing belt, carbon canister) the price difference has been $200 to $400 dollars less at Elgin!! Well worth the drive.

In addition, Perryville Hyundai uses the "bait and switch" scheme on their customers. On Monday they took down my warranty info and called to confirm my warranty coverage. I was told my out-of-pocket for the $800 repair is $100 (same job quoted in Elgin without warranty is $400). The part was ordered, service scheduled on Thursday same week. Thursday morning I'm told there is a price switch and my repair (with warranty) is now $400 - FOUR TIMES MY QUOTED PRICE!! If I don't get the work done with them I'm charged a re-stock fee + labor of a few hundred dollars. GOT CHA! You have to pay to take your car elsewhere or pay four times the quoted price if they do the work.

Don't waste your breathe on the Service Manager, there is no responsibility taken for misquoting your job. After all they have your car held hostage! You have to pay the price increase or pay to get it back with no service completed. Win/win for the dealership and lose/lose for you!

If you still want service a Perryville Hyundai, get your quotes in writing and throw a few hundred dollars in the trash - same thing.

RP