Latest Review over 1 year ago

Rebecca P.
Englewood, CO
08/24/2018
Not Happy!
Receptionist is almost always rude to me! She seams like she really cant handel her job and is always overwhelmed! John said i can bring my car in the next day for repairs! I did and suddenly he had so many cars he said he cld not even look at my car until mid next week..today is Friday! That means i wld not have a car for at least 5 days! Im a single mom with 3 kids and need my car and had an appointment but i guess other people were more important than my appoitment!

TO
TIM O.
Byers, CO
GMC Yukon
03/20/2017
Wrong Diagnostic
I brought in my Yukon because the engine was running rough. Jonathan told me that one of the heads had to be removed and sent to a shop for repair at a cost of $2000. He also recommended that I have both heads done for a total cost of $4000. This diagnostic did not seem right to me so I took it to C & T Auto for a second opinion. They diagnosed it as a broken valve spring in the number 8 cylinder along with a new intake manifold for a total cost of $647. The Yukon is fixed and I saved a lot of money. I lost confidence in John's Repair after this experience.

TH
TRACY H.
Strasburg, CO
Chevrolet Suburban
07/26/2016
No follow through
I had a service done that I was told was very important contribution ncerning safety. I paid a large sum of money for this service and a few days after haiving it completed my vehicle warning service says it is not fixed??? I returned to business to rrport tjis on two occasions. I was told it was checked and they have no idea why it is happening. They were going to contact the computer teset person and set up an appointment with him and my vehicle. I have never heard from tjis business since. Several weeks now.
John & Rae Lynne H. from John's Repair LLC responded on 08/04/2016

Tracy,
Yes, you fell through the cracks.  We are sorry.  We want to make it right.  We have built our reputation on fixing vehicles right!  If it isn't right, we need to work on it until it is.  Some of these computerized vehicles are frustrating because the computer only sees a problem, not a solution.  It is up to us to look at the data and figure out the solution.  Anyone who has had to take a PC in to have it repaired knows this frustration.

At any rate, our pledge to you is to continue to research the problem until we get it right.

Robert B.
Agate, CO
07/14/2016 Category: Service
Robert said after this business' service he could hear his vehicle's right front wheel make a noise when he drove at low speeds. When he got home he checked it out and found that all of the screws were loose. He expressed that it would have been bad if the wheel came off while he was driving down the highway. He has known them a long time, and overall they have done good work. He also noted that to get his vehicle's shock absorber replaced was only $35, but when he needed to get new struts it cost $400 per wheel, which he found to be junk. However, he would still recommend this business for service.
John & Rae Lynne H. from John's Repair LLC responded on 08/04/2016

Bob,
What can we say?  Sorry doesn't cover it at all.  Of course, we didn't intentionally not tighten your lugnuts.  It was the end of a long day - but that is still no excuse.  Humbly, we apologize!

As far as comparing shock absorbers to struts, there is a big difference in how each is manufactured, so there is a big difference in cost.  If we replaced your shock absorbers for $35, you got a great deal!  Installation of struts includes having to compress them in a special machine in order to put them on your car, so the labor is more expensive.  Even so, $400 per wheel seems too high, we should probably readress this.

Sorry again,

WS
Waylon S.
Colorado
Jeep Cherokee
05/13/2016 Category: Service
Waylon said it took him a week just to get a response from this business and by the second week he came down to this business and spoke with them personally. He said he was irritated by the fact it took him a total of three weeks to get his vehicle fixed.
John & Rae Lynne H. from John's Repair LLC responded on 05/16/2016

Waylon - Your rating is a little unfair.  We don't normally install customer purchased parts.  You insisted you were going to purchase a transmission on-line.  When you came to ask our advice on the one you were ordering, you were told it would not fit your vehicle.  When you request we find one, you paid the obligatory down-payment, we went to Denver and picked up the transmission that same day and had it installed two days afterward.  For a big job like transmissions, your vehicle was fixed in a very timely fashion after you made up your mind to proceed.  I feel bad that you took away our stars because of your indecision.