Latest Review over 1 year ago

Rebecca P.
Englewood, CO
08/24/2018
Not Happy!
Receptionist is almost always rude to me! She seams like she really cant handel her job and is always overwhelmed! John said i can bring my car in the next day for repairs! I did and suddenly he had so many cars he said he cld not even look at my car until mid next week..today is Friday! That means i wld not have a car for at least 5 days! Im a single mom with 3 kids and need my car and had an appointment but i guess other people were more important than my appoitment!

TO
TIM O.
GMC Yukon
03/20/2017
Wrong Diagnostic
I brought in my Yukon because the engine was running rough. Jonathan told me that one of the heads had to be removed and sent to a shop for repair at a cost of $2000. He also recommended that I have both heads done for a total cost of $4000. This diagnostic did not seem right to me so I took it to C & T Auto for a second opinion. They diagnosed it as a broken valve spring in the number 8 cylinder along with a new intake manifold for a total cost of $647. The Yukon is fixed and I saved a lot of money. I lost confidence in John's Repair after this experience.

TH
TRACY H.
Chevrolet Suburban
07/26/2016
No follow through
I had a service done that I was told was very important contribution ncerning safety. I paid a large sum of money for this service and a few days after haiving it completed my vehicle warning service says it is not fixed??? I returned to business to rrport tjis on two occasions. I was told it was checked and they have no idea why it is happening. They were going to contact the computer teset person and set up an appointment with him and my vehicle. I have never heard from tjis business since. Several weeks now.

Tracy,
Yes, you fell through the cracks.  We are sorry.  We want to make it right.  We have built our reputation on fixing vehicles right!  If it isn't right, we need to work on it until it is.  Some of these computerized vehicles are frustrating because the computer only sees a problem, not a solution.  It is up to us to look at the data and figure out the solution.  Anyone who has had to take a PC in to have it repaired knows this frustration.

At any rate, our pledge to you is to continue to research the problem until we get it right.

Robert B.
Agate, CO
07/14/2016 Category: Service
Robert said after this business' service he could hear his vehicle's right front wheel make a noise when he drove at low speeds. When he got home he checked it out and found that all of the screws were loose. He expressed that it would have been bad if the wheel came off while he was driving down the highway. He has known them a long time, and overall they have done good work. He also noted that to get his vehicle's shock absorber replaced was only $35, but when he needed to get new struts it cost $400 per wheel, which he found to be junk. However, he would still recommend this business for service.

Bob,
What can we say?  Sorry doesn't cover it at all.  Of course, we didn't intentionally not tighten your lugnuts.  It was the end of a long day - but that is still no excuse.  Humbly, we apologize!

As far as comparing shock absorbers to struts, there is a big difference in how each is manufactured, so there is a big difference in cost.  If we replaced your shock absorbers for $35, you got a great deal!  Installation of struts includes having to compress them in a special machine in order to put them on your car, so the labor is more expensive.  Even so, $400 per wheel seems too high, we should probably readress this.

Sorry again,

WS
Waylon S.
Colorado
Jeep Cherokee
05/13/2016 Category: Service
Waylon said it took him a week just to get a response from this business and by the second week he came down to this business and spoke with them personally. He said he was irritated by the fact it took him a total of three weeks to get his vehicle fixed.
John & Rae Lynne H. from John's Repair LLC responded on 05/16/2016

Waylon - Your rating is a little unfair.  We don't normally install customer purchased parts.  You insisted you were going to purchase a transmission on-line.  When you came to ask our advice on the one you were ordering, you were told it would not fit your vehicle.  When you request we find one, you paid the obligatory down-payment, we went to Denver and picked up the transmission that same day and had it installed two days afterward.  For a big job like transmissions, your vehicle was fixed in a very timely fashion after you made up your mind to proceed.  I feel bad that you took away our stars because of your indecision.

CONNIE H.
Honda Accord
09/28/2016
Let the client know before you perform service they've not approved.
I have been to you several times before and been satisfied. I was really disappointed to find out you took it upon yourself to put a new air filter in, without my permission beforehand, and charge me for it. It turned a $30 oil change into $53 dollars. I don't appreciate that at all. Don't do that to your customers. I likely won't be back as I feel we've lost trust. This is not cool.

Thank you for asking for my feedback b
John & Rae Lynne H. from John's Repair LLC responded on 09/30/2016

Connie, You come to us because you trust us.  If we have disappointed you in any way, please come back and let us make it right.  We usually call to authorize air filters.  If we didn't this time, we apologize.  We can only make it right if you come back in.  We are sorry for the misunderstanding.  John

Julie G.
09/24/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Mike. He said he had a filter changed on his transmission. 2 days after his vehicle was returned, the light came back on and his drive way had a transmission fluid mark. His vehicle is now leaking transmission fluid and it was not doing that before the service was performed. He took his vehicle back to this business and they told him to drive it, until it no longer runs or to replace the transmission all together. He was very dissatisfied, especially with that response. He has not been unhappy with them before.
John & Rae Lynne H. from John's Repair LLC responded on 09/30/2016

There seems to be a misunderstanding.  We need to talk.  We will phone you to find out where the confusion is.  We wouldn't expect you to live with a leak we have caused.  We take pride in having the best warranty in the business.  This would not be the case if we just blew off your complaint.  We are sorry and will get this handled right away.

David P.
Denver, CO
GMC Sierra
10/22/2016 Category: Service
David said it turned out to be more money than he had expected it to be and no one told him differently.

Tania S.
06/14/2016 Category: Service
Tania said she loves these guys, but this time around what she asked to be done, was not done.

Tania,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  You are right, we didn't listen to your husband's complaint.  Our pride was puffed up that day.  Sometimes it takes one good customer chastisement to remind us that we are here to serve you, not ourselves.  Please accept our apologies.

Jerry A.
Dodge Dakota
05/10/2016 Category: Service
Jerry said he brought his vehicle to the business to see if it could be repaired and there were just too many issues with his vehicle, and he had to let it go.
John & Rae Lynne H. from John's Repair LLC responded on 05/16/2016

Jerry, why the low score?  I am confused.  It shouldn't reflect on us that your car had too many issues to fix.  We offer maintenance programs and service reminders.  Had the serivce reminders been heeded consistently, many problems with your car could have been avoided.  Timely, consistent service extends the life of any vehicle.  John's personal truck has 292,000 miles on it.  We are very sorry that  your car was in such poor shape and encourage your future participation in our maintenance program to prolong the life of your next vehicle.

TIM S.
02/22/2016
Grease-stained interior
Would appreciate the mechanics not getting grease all over the interior of the vehicle.

ET
Ervin T.
03/10/2018 Category: Service
Ervin said the staff got him in when they said they would. They did a great job and he was done in an hour.

BC
Ben C.
11/22/2017 Category: Service
Ben said he would recommend this business.

TOM M.
11/09/2017
2003 Subaru
Good work, honest. As stated when we picked up the car.

RYAN S.
Acura MDX
10/23/2017
Quick, friendly service
Good place to get your car worked on. Staff is friendly and service is usually quick.

PP
Paul P.
Bennett, CO
09/26/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Sharon. She said the service was good. However, it was a little slow.

TK
Tom K.
08/21/2017 Category: Service
Tom said the business is the best.

CHERYL H.
Bennett, CO
Dodge Durango
08/14/2017
Got it repaired.
I needed a vehicle repaired, but did not need it back right away. I provided my "wish list" of what needed to be fixed. John's worked with me and was able to accommodate just about the entire list. They were able to get the vehicle back in a reasonable amount of time that I had stated. Becca was great in contacting me and keeping me informed of the status of the repairs and what they could and could not do for my wish list. Becca stayed late and I was able to pick up the vehicle after closing hours, which save me time. Friendly service and willing to help out.

Ron S.
06/27/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Catherine. She said she has been using this business for a long time. She said they must have been busy because it took a long time to do the oil change.

WW
Woody W.
GMC Sierra
04/25/2017 Category: Service
Woody said he liked doing business with this facility. They did a good job.