Latest Review about 1 month ago

Boyds, MD
Toyota MR2
08/08/2012
not so great service
Yes the car is modified, I did ask them to warm the car up for 1-2 minutes before driving it NOT 10-15. That was an over statement from LMT. They refused to do a small and simple request from customer. If a simple thing as please warm my car for 1-2 minutes is too much to ask then the customer service is not up to par with other shops. My dad was right next to me when he state all of this. My dad say that he have been to many shops and never seen such bad customer service before. LMT shocked even my old man. Great customer service you give there (NOT!!!).

The first problem was not listing all the problems that is needed to be fix expecting customer to understand their writing on the inspection paper. The second problem is confusing customer: You have a inspection paper and you also give a nicely typed up shop required fixing paper on what's needed to be fix. The typed up paper only stated 3 things that's needed to be fix. I FIXED those 3 items. Then when I come back, you stated other problems and then tell me I am supposed to look at your bad hand-writing on the inspection form and fix those problems. If anyone have ever done inspection, that form is messy, has fractions & numbers, short hand words, and also with items whited out then re-writen. You expect a customer to understand your writing, short hand word, and fractions to know if certain items pass or not. Then you must expect all of us to read your mind or we are profession mechanic to understand what's going on.

On the second time I came back, they did the same thing. They listed only 3-4 small and simple items that's needed to be fixed on the typed up paper form but the other form has 2-3 more items (and i don't even know if those items pass or fail. All it was is a statement like "car drives badly"!!!). I tried to tell them about this, and their response is: "you need to look at this hand writen form". If that's the case, what is the point of typing 1-2 items that is need to be fixed up for? To confuse customer, to give them hope that they only have 1-2 items so you can say "Nope you need to fix these as well" so you can charge them more money again?

This is the problem I have with LTM, the service you provide is nothing compared to a small shop.

They can expect not to get any business from me or any of my colleages. I wish I NEVER went to them to begin with (and my old man agrees).

08/08/2012
MD Inspection
My opinion:
Had inspection done on the same car 2 times, and paid both times. First time fail and gave me a list of items to fix. Fixed all the items on the printed list. Second time they gave me another list of items that are suspicious in my opinion.
1) fail due to "car drive badly". I looked up safety inspection guidence on google and it say NON-functioning car can still pass safety inspection. Why? The guidence states that as longs as tail lights and brakes work, car running or not, doesn't really matter. Also, I drove the car just fine. Leaves me to question what they are doing with my car.
2) scratch windshield fail inspection. Windshield was scratched due to old wiperblades. Again, I look up the guidence for safety inspection for windshield; the guidence states nothing about scratch windshield, it stated about tinting (Glazing) & wipers blades.

I feel like there is something fishy going on.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 08/14/2012
LMT did an inspection on 4/26/12, and Mr. Nhat's vehicle did not pass. When the vehicle was brought in on July 31, the vehicle still had some of the SAME issues. Mr.Nhat has a copy of both inspections and the initial issues have not been repaired. The first part of a Maryland inspection is a road test. Mr. Nhat said that the vehicle is highly modified and needs 10 - 15 minutes for it to run properly. At LMT, we do our vehicle inspections by the "book". The windshield was scratched as he stated and had a light out, both of which were noted in April. I suggested that Mr. Nhat contact the Md state police to determine if our inspection of his vehicle was "fishy". That offer still stands..

RE
Ryan E.
Mount Airy, MD
Kia Forte
01/16/2020 Category: Service
Ryan said he would recommend this business for service.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 01/20/2020
Thank you Ryan!!!

RK
ROSALIND K.
01/12/2020
Excellent customer service and very fair pricing
I am extremely pleased with the service here. Customer service was spectacular, the price was a lot cheaper than I imagined, very fair pricing. The owner also recommended a title place to save me time from going to the dmv, I will always go here for vehicle services.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 01/13/2020

Thank you for your kind words!! We are glad to help you with any of your car needs!!

MARY-ANN B.
01/09/2020
Routine Maintenance .
I can always count on LMT to take care of care of all the warranty and routine needs of my car. This time was the same, I got all my routine items completed in an efficient manner. Thank you!
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 01/10/2020
Thank you for your kind words!!  Have a safe trip.

TG
THOMAS G.
Volvo C70
01/07/2020
Great and friendly service
Everybody I came in contact with at LMT was friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable. They provided great service and took the time to explain things well.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 01/08/2020
Thank you Thomas for your kind words and your business!!  We look forward to helping you with any future automotive needs

Matt D.
01/03/2020 Category: Service
Matt said the service was quick and easy. He said the staff was very accommodating.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 01/06/2020

Thank you Matt!!!

BW
BOB W.
Volvo S60
01/02/2020
Best repair shop in Columbia
I have been going to LMT for over 25 years and have always been treated with curtesy and respect. Their mechanics are top of the line, knowledgeable, and thorough.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 01/06/2020
Thank you Bob!!  We appreciate your business over the years.  You actually were one of our first customers on September 1,  1993.

SD
Steve D.
Volvo S40
12/10/2019 Category: Service
Steve said this business lost the cap to his windshield washer fluid, but everything else was fine. He is just glad that it was not the oil cap.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 12/12/2019

We are sorry about that. If you'd like to bring the vehicle back so we can take a look at it please do.

KH
Kirk H.
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Kirk said the business's staff did what he wanted and they did it in the time frame that he wanted.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 12/06/2019
Thank you Kirk!!

BF
Bernard F.
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
11/13/2019 Category: Service
Bernard said that they have good customer service. They got it done in an ample amount of time.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 11/15/2019

Thank you Bernard!!

Jimmy S.
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Jimmy said he had a positive experience with this business.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 11/14/2019

Thank you Jimmy!!

PC
Philip C.
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Philip said the work was great and the customer service was good. He stated that the staff does a great job all of the time.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 11/14/2019

Thank you Philip!!

Towson, MD
11/10/2019
Excellent service and great personalities of owners.
Have been a client of LMT for almost 20 years. They have always taken excellent care of my vehicle. I spent my career on the road, so it was more imperative I had people who knew what they were doing, and that I could trust to be honest in maintaining my car. Though I am retired now and not traveling in the area, I still take my vehicle to LMT.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 11/11/2019

Thank you for your kind words!! We appreciate your business and are glad we are able to help you with your car needs!

YH
YASMIN H.
Ellicott City, MD
10/25/2019
So nice!
The guys were super nice and helpful. Would definitely recommend and return.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 10/28/2019

Thank you Yasmin!! We appreciate the kind words!

JEFFERY B.
Baltimore, MD
Nissan Maxima
10/25/2019
Great Service that was timely
I came to have the left headlight replaced and lens covers replaced on my 2010 Nissan Maxima.. Instead, they cleaned my lens (saving me a bundle) and the only upcharge came to replace the type of bulb needed to do the job. I've been here before so I thought I could trust them for this service. That cost was between $500 & $600 bucks. They told me I will be needing another repair soon with a price quote. So I left it with them overnight to do that too. It was ready before they said it would be and that repair was about the same as the first. I didn't feel "taken". I felt taken care of.
RON W. from LMT Auto Repair responded on 10/28/2019

Thank you Jeff!! We appreciate your kind words and are always here for your car needs!