Deb M.
Isanti, MN
Acura MDX
11/19/2019
Service Review
i went to Maple Grove Auto Service specifically because they offered loaners. I was charged $240 for a complete diagnostic, with finding of almost $5,000 in needed repairs. I took out a loan to have everything fixed so i was safe for winter. When picking up my vehicle, I was told that upon wrapping it up and topping off the fluids, they found my radiator was leaking, therefore needed a new radiator, another almost $800.00. Some male friends, including my husband are very angry and feel I was taken advantage of. They did a diagnostic to start and should've found it then, secondly, they did an oil change at the same time they had it in for the diagnostic, and typically with an oil change should top off all fluids, so again you'd think the leak would've been found then. I don't know what to believe, but will not bring my vehicle back.

Debbie M.
Mukwonago, WI
08/13/2018
Terrible customer service
My son had a transmission replaced here. With a 3 year warranty. From day 1 it leaked. Took it back to allow them to make it right. Got it back still leaked. Ken says I don't know what to tell you. This is what your response is ! I am now dealing with the warranty firm on my own.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 08/13/2018

Hello Debbie, I am sorry to hear that you are not getting good customer service at the shop you are going to. I am reaching out to see if you would be able to remove this review as we have never seen your vehicle at our shop. We are located in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Hopfully things get resolved at the other shop.

Allison S.
Saint Paul, MN
03/08/2017
SMOKED IN MY CAR
Have used this shop before, and though they've always done good, I will never be taking my car there again. This time when I got my car back someone had clearly used it as an ash tray. There was ash all over the driver side floor between the window and seat, along with a lighter sitting in my center counsel. The car smells so bad I can hardly breathe! When I called to inform them of the problem, I was told it was impossible because the technician assigned to my car doesn't smoke. Impossible? Tell that to the asthma attack I have every time I now climb into my once wonderful car. DO NOT take your car here unless you want it back in worse shape!
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 03/08/2017

Allison,  I am very sorry to hear this. We try to work with our customers to make things right if an issue arises but we simply are not responsible for this. We have procedures set in place so that stuff like this does not occur. We would never stay in business if we treated our customers vehicles with such careless disregard. We very much appreciate the business you have given us in the past and if you end up changing your mind our offer still stands that we will clean out and detail your car at our shop so we can attempt to make things right.

Thanks,

CL
CHERYL L.
Maple Grove, MN
Chevrolet Blazer
08/18/2015
brake work done
the brakes were worked on and apparently were not bleed correctly. no mechanic on site to correct problem
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 08/18/2015

Hello Cheryl, I received your review and am sorry you are not happy with our service. We would love the chance to get the vehicle back in here and correct whatever issue you are having. Unfortunately we are not sure what issue you are having. From our records we replaced a piece of rusted out brake line and bled the brakes. We also indicated on the work order that the wheel cylinder bleeders were very rusty. The thing is we don't know why you think your brakes were bled incorrectly. What symptoms are you having? In answer to the second part of your review. We only keep mechanics/technicians on until 4:30 p.m. after which we just have oil change staff on till close. This issue would be something that we would need a mechanic to look at and not our oil change staff. If you could please call us or I will try to call you so we can set up an appointment to get the vehicle back in. We stand behind our work and if its anything we did wrong it would be fixed free of cost.

SL
STEVE L.
Big Lake, MN
GMC Envoy
09/09/2014
Overpriced
Unfortunately I checked out other mechanic shops in the area after the work on my vehicle was completed. I had a front wheel bearing replaced and was charged over $600. After the razzing from my co-workers I called another local shop and was quoted $350 for the same work. This place was recommended from a few people as a fair honest place to get your vehicle fixed. Lesson learned. Call at least three other places before you overpay like I did.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 09/09/2014

Hello Steve, our customers are important to us and we are very sorry that you were not happy with the price. I had a chance to review your bill and noticed a few things. We did make a mistake and transposed the labor time. We charged you 2.1 hours for the repair and it should have only been 1.2 hours. I am very sorry that happened. We should have been on top of that and normally are. Due to the fact it was our error we can mail you a check for the difference of $106.79. As far as the part goes we use higher quaility parts. We have a better succes rate with them. Which keeps our customers happy. We can get our hands on cheaper bearings but they tend to fail after a year typically and then you are right back in the same boat. Had we used a cheaper bearing we could have done the job for around $327 but these bearings can also sometimes make noise and they will more then likely not last. The part we put in is under warranty for you for 36 months or 45,000 miles. We apologize again and hope that you will want to return in the future and or would take this under consideration and give us a rescore for a better review.

Thanks, Angie Annunziata