Debbie M.
Mukwonago, WI
08/13/2018
Terrible customer service
My son had a transmission replaced here. With a 3 year warranty. From day 1 it leaked. Took it back to allow them to make it right. Got it back still leaked. Ken says I don't know what to tell you. This is what your response is ! I am now dealing with the warranty firm on my own.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 08/13/2018

Hello Debbie, I am sorry to hear that you are not getting good customer service at the shop you are going to. I am reaching out to see if you would be able to remove this review as we have never seen your vehicle at our shop. We are located in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Hopfully things get resolved at the other shop.

KRISTIN B.
03/08/2017
Things have changed
I used to come to maple grove auto all the time for my car needs. I had been going to the dealership with my new car as I got free oil changes and tire rotation. Now that my free ones were up I came back to Male grove auto. I was very surprised with the price and remembered it as being much more reasonable. I asked if they would still take my competitors coupon I was told no we don't need to take those anymore as we are getting busier. Just made things seem like they are now money hungry compared to what they used to be more customer centered. Not sure I will go back as the dealership has about the same prices now.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 03/09/2017

Hey Kristin, I read your review this morning and I must apologize. Normally your oil change is $32.12 including tax your bill this time was slightly higher due to us rotating your tires as well. The girl who paid you out is still new here and learning. I'm not sure what your competitor coupon is but if its within reason we can match it and I can add a credit to your account. Also she should have mentioned but we keep our own oil change coupons on our website which is  maplegroveauto.com the coupons gets changed every month. This month it was $24.95. We can definitely work with you on a price adjustment sorry that happened. Customers are in fact our number one priority and we would love to see you come back. I will call you later today and see what your competitors coupon was and we can either get you a credit or a refund.

Thanks,

Allison S.
Saint Paul, MN
03/08/2017
SMOKED IN MY CAR
Have used this shop before, and though they've always done good, I will never be taking my car there again. This time when I got my car back someone had clearly used it as an ash tray. There was ash all over the driver side floor between the window and seat, along with a lighter sitting in my center counsel. The car smells so bad I can hardly breathe! When I called to inform them of the problem, I was told it was impossible because the technician assigned to my car doesn't smoke. Impossible? Tell that to the asthma attack I have every time I now climb into my once wonderful car. DO NOT take your car here unless you want it back in worse shape!
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 03/08/2017

Allison,  I am very sorry to hear this. We try to work with our customers to make things right if an issue arises but we simply are not responsible for this. We have procedures set in place so that stuff like this does not occur. We would never stay in business if we treated our customers vehicles with such careless disregard. We very much appreciate the business you have given us in the past and if you end up changing your mind our offer still stands that we will clean out and detail your car at our shop so we can attempt to make things right.

Thanks,

JOHN M.
Mazda 3
02/14/2016
Basic oil change
Took car in for oil change. They spilled oil all over engine. Car still reeks after 3-4 weeks. Friendly tho.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 02/15/2016

Hello John, Im so sorry to hear that your vehicle is still smelling. Is there a time you would be able to come in and we could just do a full on degrease and pressure wash of the engine? This would be at no charge to you. We would like to make this right if its at all possible. Please call us to set up an appointment if you would like to do this. Our number is 763-425-8575. I apologize again for the inconvenience.

KRISTA B.
Saturn Ion 3
01/19/2016
Mixed feelings
I appreciated their feedback when I brought my car in for repairs, they stuck to their estimates and actually came out lower. I was quoted 3 hours for repair,it took 6 but it was still same day (only because my appt was first thing in the morning most likely) and now my car has gone into "limp mode" multiple times,and almost didn't start in yesterday's cold weather which is very unusual for my car. I'm not sure if I should be grateful they fixed my requested repairs, or angry that they screwed something up causing the nearly daily limp mode.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 01/20/2016

Hello Krista, I just read your review this morning and Im glad we were able to solve the issue that you brought the vehicle in for however its troubling to hear that the vehicle is now going into limp mode. Is there a time you could bring it back in so that we could check it over? If its related to anything we did we would take care of the issue at no charge. Give us a call if you would like to bring it back in our number is 763-425-8575.

EH
ERIC H.
Pontiac Grand Am
06/24/2015
Not happy
Picked car up this afternoon. Noticed service engine soon light was still on. Shouldnt be if car is fixed. After almost $1300.00, tonight the car barely starts & will NOT stay running. Very unhappy right now & now original tech is gone on vacation.

We have been here before, but not for any major work. Mostly diagnostics. Didnt seem to have problems. This time, the tech charged us a couple times for the same part because he did not diagnose the problem properly, so he had to take the car apart again & replace the same part again because it wasnt anle to be reused.

I am beyond frustrated.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 06/25/2015

Hello Eric, Sorry to hear about the issue with your Grand Am. When it left here the light was off and the vehicle was running fine at the time. Something is clearly wrong however and we would like to get the car back in as soon as you can bring it. Its not a issue that the technician is on vacation as we have plenty of guys here and will take care of the issue immediately if you wanted to bring the car back in today. We would like to make this right so please get in contact with us or I can try calling you later today.

Shelley B.
06/22/2015
Uneasy with them
great hours and courteous service at the counter. However, I was charged a fairly high amount for front and rear brakes and 6 months later, found that the rear brake pads had either already worn through or were never replaced. Also, they were very quick to point out coming major expenses but never mentioned my service engine light (which has been on forever but they didn't know that) and small things like filling my wiper fluid were ignored..just kind of irked me after spending over $1000 on brakes. The other thing...seems odd to me that virtually all reviews are good yet everybody we know used them once or twice and didn't go back. I'm not saying they Are terrible, they just made me uncomfortable.
date of service below is a guess
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 06/22/2015

Hello Shelly, I just read your review and I'm sorry you were not happy with our service. I do see you were in a year ago back in June to have front and rear brakes done along with rotors. Unfortunately brakes can be expensive these days especially when you cannot machine the rotors and they have to be replaced. Our brakes have a lifetime warranty on the parts and a 18 months 18,000 mile warranty on the labor. So if you wanted to bring the vehicle back we would be able to take care of the issue your having. We always do the best we can to keep our customers happy and dislike when they are not satisfied with the work. Also we do not top fluids off or check anything over if the vehicle is in here for a specific issue such as brakes. If you were to come in and have a oil change done or ask for a courtesy inspection which is free we would then check over everything and top off all fluids or let you know of any other issues going on. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to get you back in here and make the situation right. We hold good reviews because we always try and put the customer first and have a very strong customer base of regular customers since we have been open in 1980's.

TL
TOM L.
05/16/2015
Great auto repair services!
As always I get excellent service at Maple Grove Auto. I can count on them for efficient and well done services.

SL
STEVE L.
Big Lake, MN
GMC Envoy
09/09/2014
Overpriced
Unfortunately I checked out other mechanic shops in the area after the work on my vehicle was completed. I had a front wheel bearing replaced and was charged over $600. After the razzing from my co-workers I called another local shop and was quoted $350 for the same work. This place was recommended from a few people as a fair honest place to get your vehicle fixed. Lesson learned. Call at least three other places before you overpay like I did.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 09/09/2014

Hello Steve, our customers are important to us and we are very sorry that you were not happy with the price. I had a chance to review your bill and noticed a few things. We did make a mistake and transposed the labor time. We charged you 2.1 hours for the repair and it should have only been 1.2 hours. I am very sorry that happened. We should have been on top of that and normally are. Due to the fact it was our error we can mail you a check for the difference of $106.79. As far as the part goes we use higher quaility parts. We have a better succes rate with them. Which keeps our customers happy. We can get our hands on cheaper bearings but they tend to fail after a year typically and then you are right back in the same boat. Had we used a cheaper bearing we could have done the job for around $327 but these bearings can also sometimes make noise and they will more then likely not last. The part we put in is under warranty for you for 36 months or 45,000 miles. We apologize again and hope that you will want to return in the future and or would take this under consideration and give us a rescore for a better review.

Thanks, Angie Annunziata

BA
BRENT A.
Acura 3.2TL
06/05/2014
Headlight knowledge
I brought my car in to have a headlight changed and it was kind of a failure.I know that it is not a simple headlight but I was disappointed to find out that the fuse was blown and that is probably why the headlight didn't work in the first place. No one at the shop checked that I guess. the people were nice enough but the service seems a little bit lacking to me. I expect a shop to have more knowledge than me.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 06/05/2014

Hello Brent, I just read your review and I am sorry that we missed that. When you called I was hoping it would be a much simpler headlight instead of the High Intensity Discharge kind. Our technicians were all booked up that day and we normally just have our oil change staff on hand to replace headlights. Due to the fact they were special headlights it would have been more appropriate to have one of our technicians look at it. My goal was to get you out of there having you spend as little money as possible since cost was one of the main concerns. I should have recommended that we set up an appointment to have one of our ASE certified technicians look at it. That is where I went wrong. Most of our techs here have over 20 years of experience and do excellent work. Unfortunately one of them was not available to look at it that day. I apologize again and I hope you will reconsider us down the road.

Sherrie C.
Lincoln MKX
11/10/2019
They go above and beyond just a typical “car repair”
Just moved into the area and were looking for a dependable, honest car service place. We have found our place! Loved their communication throughout the whole process and the fact that they sent pictures of the items that needed repair - keeps them honest. Costs were very fair. They seem to go beyond what is expected - thank you!

JOE W.
10/31/2019
Slow Leak
Made appointment same day to check slow leak in tire. Brought vehicle to shop, tire was checked and repaired immediately. Great service.

Chevrolet Traverse
10/27/2019
I trust them.
I had a symptom that my 5.5 year old battery was going bad. They tested mine and agreed it was a good time to replace it. We discussed which brand to put in and then they replaced it. Pretty straight forward when you trust the people your working with.

Subaru Legacy
I love this place
I always take my cars here. They're super friendly and trustworthy. Whatever the issue is with my vehicle, I've always been able to get an appointment right away and my car is usually done on the same day.

MIKE W.
Brooklyn Center, MN
10/23/2019
The people are MGAS greatest asset...
I have not used another local garage for over 30 years... When I met Mark And Conrad, I knew I had found a trusted friend to care for my, and my families cars.
They have changed and cars have changed , but the service and personal attention is still top of mind at MGAS.

Donna M.
Maple Grove Auto
Best place in Maple Grove to have your car repairs. Great service, good prices. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.

AT
Alice T.
Minneapolis, MN
10/20/2019
It was a good experience except for one thing.
Alice said that john inspected her car. She does not like John as a mechanic. Please reassure her that he is a good technician at your repair shop. Thank you. Alice Timm

Minneapolis, MN
Jeep Compass
10/20/2019
Always a great experience
My wife took her car in for a full service safety inspection and she was very satisfied with it.

MJ
MIKE J.
10/19/2019
Just downright honest service
I always feel that when I bring any of my vehicles in, Maple Grove Auto will service my vehicle correctly AND will be honest in what needs to be done.
Have been working with them for many years and I Always respect their recommendations and trust them.

ROBERT G.
Chevrolet Traverse
10/15/2019
New tires
Great advice on buying tires. The new ones are much quieter than the OEM tires.