KRISTIN B.
03/08/2017
Things have changed
I used to come to maple grove auto all the time for my car needs. I had been going to the dealership with my new car as I got free oil changes and tire rotation. Now that my free ones were up I came back to Male grove auto. I was very surprised with the price and remembered it as being much more reasonable. I asked if they would still take my competitors coupon I was told no we don't need to take those anymore as we are getting busier. Just made things seem like they are now money hungry compared to what they used to be more customer centered. Not sure I will go back as the dealership has about the same prices now.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 03/09/2017

Hey Kristin, I read your review this morning and I must apologize. Normally your oil change is $32.12 including tax your bill this time was slightly higher due to us rotating your tires as well. The girl who paid you out is still new here and learning. I'm not sure what your competitor coupon is but if its within reason we can match it and I can add a credit to your account. Also she should have mentioned but we keep our own oil change coupons on our website which is  maplegroveauto.com the coupons gets changed every month. This month it was $24.95. We can definitely work with you on a price adjustment sorry that happened. Customers are in fact our number one priority and we would love to see you come back. I will call you later today and see what your competitors coupon was and we can either get you a credit or a refund.

Thanks,

SD
STEVE D.
06/10/2016
Replace Brakes; clunking noise
Usually, MG Auto solves my auto problems professionally and efficiently on the first visit. This time, the clunking problem has not been solved. I guess everyone has a bad day, but they seem to have missed this one.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 06/13/2016

Hello Steve, I just received your review and wanted to apologize. I talked to the technician who worked on your vehicle and he admitted he should have made better notes on the repair order. When your wife dropped the vehicle off she complained of a screeching noise when cornering and also a clunk noise that seemed to really only happen when it was cold outside. The technician was able to determine the brakes front and rear were causing the screeching noise once we pulled the tires off and checked the pad wear. He then took the vehicle out on a test drive and was not able to reproduce a clunking noise so we brought it back in, put it up on the lift and checked over the entire suspension. We were not able to get a clunking noise to happen even on the lift. Since the noise seems to happen when it’s cold out we recommend it be brought back in either when it gets cold out again or when the noise is happening more frequently. We had $65 approved to look into the clunking noise but did not charge any diagnostics since we could not pinpoint the noise and did not want to just throw parts at it that may or may not fix the issue. Once again I apologize that this wasn’t communicated better or noted better on the work order. In the interest of customer satisfaction when the clunk noise does return we will be happy to diagnose your issue at no cost to you.

JOHN M.
Mazda 3
02/14/2016
Basic oil change
Took car in for oil change. They spilled oil all over engine. Car still reeks after 3-4 weeks. Friendly tho.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 02/15/2016

Hello John, Im so sorry to hear that your vehicle is still smelling. Is there a time you would be able to come in and we could just do a full on degrease and pressure wash of the engine? This would be at no charge to you. We would like to make this right if its at all possible. Please call us to set up an appointment if you would like to do this. Our number is 763-425-8575. I apologize again for the inconvenience.

WS
WALTER S.
Dodge Dakota
04/21/2015
Problem not completely corrected
Since my last visit on 3/12 the failure has reoccurred on 2 occasions. I only drive the vehicle once weekly. I will continue as is unless it gets worse.

ROBERT B.
Chevrolet Corvette
04/03/2015
Honest and customer focused, could improve expertise
Brought 89 corvette in for two problems: overheating and rattling sound from engine. Overheat diagnosed as radiator congestion - replaced radiator and problem solved! No attempt to diagnose engine rattling, just "I don't know". I parked it in garage until warmer weather. The first attempt to open retractable headlights, passenger side stuck half way. Returned car to shop and diagnosed as rubbing against improperly installed hose. Easy 10 minute fix while I waited, no problem...but I had to prompt mechanic to come out and look at. I was first told I'd have to leave it overnight and find a ride home.

MIKE L.
Plymouth, MN
07/30/2014
I know this is old, but . . .
We had a 2005 Chevy Cobalt with intermittent electrical problems. Trips to dealers didn't resolve the issue. Brought it to MGA 3 times over the years and they never caught it either, which was disappointing. The clues were visible right under the hood. Finally, a dealership service department in Bloomington found the problem, but it cost me a lot of $$$ over the years, even at MGA, to find and finally fix the problem.

SD
SUSAN D.
Plymouth, MN
GMC Envoy XL
07/01/2014
Excellent customer service!
Angie called me and we resolved the problem. I appreciate their dedication to serving their customers!

07/01/2014
Disappointed
I brought my car in for a recharge to my air-conditioner which I paid $200 for. I was informed that there was a leaky hose that would eventually need to be replaced, but that the recharge should last 2-3 months. First time I drove it after picking it up...nothing. (Didn't they test it out before calling me to pick it up?) So I brought it back in, and was told that the recharge had made the leak worse, and that I would either need to spend $400 for a patch kit or $1400 to replace the hose. When I expressed frustration about the $$ I'd already spent, I was basically told that these things sometimes happen. In the past when I've taken my car here I've always been satisfied, but this time I walked away feeling ripped off. As for whether I'd recommend them to a friend, I'll answer yes but I would warn that friend to be aware.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 07/02/2014

Thank you for your review Susan. I had a chance to talk things over with the owners and we are very sorry for your frustration. We always appreciate your business and we don’t like that you left unhappy with your last visit. The situation was unfortunate. When we test drove the vehicle the AC was working but by the time it was picked up the freon had all leaked out. AC systems can be tricky. Sometimes the charge can last a few months or even years other times it leaks out within a day. Our tech should have caught such a big leak and we apologize. We would like to credit you back the $211.49 for the evac and recharge and for the diagnostic you paid when you came back a week later. I will give you a call later today and we can discuss how you would like the credit. Sorry again for the frustartion but thank you for still recommending us.

NS
Noel S.
Champlin, MN
Chrysler Concorde
05/16/2014 Category: Service
Noel said this business could not help with his vehicle but the staff were good people.
Angie A., Manager from Maple Grove Auto Service responded on 05/20/2014

Hello Noel, Thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry that we could not help you as we do not have the capabilities to perform custom exhaust work. To solve your problem we would have to order expensive manufactured parts which were also backordered. We are sorry that you were not happy with our capabilites and hope you will give us another chance to improve on our reputation with you in the future. Please know our ultimate goal was to save you money and get your problem solved as quickly as possible.