CD
CESAR D.
Reston, VA
Mercury Monterey
03/01/2019
Great communication without the intimidation.
I really like dealing with the team over there. They recently did 2 repairs 1 on each of our cars. They thoroughly explained the situation on both repairs and tooks the time to answers all my questions. They were not pushy or used sales tactics to get me to do recommended repairs and understood that I would need time to spread out my repairs over time to be able to afford them. they didn't get "offended' if I said a repair would need to wait like other shops do. They are also reasonable when it comes to prices. They saved me 300 dollars on one repair as compared to the other shop where i originally had my car towed. I will continue to business with them. They came highly recommended from a friend and I will recommend them too. They did provide me with an itemized list of things I will need to get my van to pass inspection and to keep it in proper running order. This will help me budget over the summer.

EZ
EMILY Z.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
02/28/2019
Great experience!
Brought my car there for an oil change and to check out a brake light that was going on and off at random times. They got me in quickly and took care of the issue. Knowledgeable team and great customer service. I'll definitely come back for future work!

Brandon M.
Gainesville, VA
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/26/2019 Category: Service
Brandon said the business has always given him good service.

JOHN B.
Audi S8
02/24/2019
Service on my Audi S8
Once again a fair and honest assessment on what I needed.
Once again a professional on time repair as needed.
All the staff is friendly and professional.
Top shelf firm.

SHELLY B.
Acura RDX
02/18/2019
Friendly, knowledgeable, trustworthy, convenient, reliable 🤗
Build this place as your car go-to!

AJ
ALLEN J.
Sterling, VA
Volkswagen Touareg
02/17/2019
Being (not) Right!
If you have even had a minute where you are RIGHT, but then life flips and Right turns out to be Left. Urgggh! That SO happened to me at My Dad's.
I went to get my wife's car (2013 VW Tiguan with 33k miles) inspected. It turns out that the front windshield wipers had dry rotted and needed to be replaced. I was told "About $60!!) "Whoa!!" I thought, "That's WAY too much for 2 wiper blades!" Thinking that this was a "How we pay for such well-mannered mechanics!" I said: "Gimme a sec to check online". {Actually, I was not that nice as my sense of outrage undoubtedly crept into my voice and expression, but I am writing this after the fact and trying to keep from looking like a jerk.} After checking online at AutoZone, Advance Auto, and WalMart, I found out that yep, that's how much the damn things cost!
Why put this in a review of My Dad's Automotive? Because no one there so much as blinked while I went through my process; they just let me have my feelings of outrage and victimization, gave me 10 minutes to empower myself with the facts, and graciously accepted my realization that they were just doing their job. Their charge for the wipers were within a couple of bucks of WalMart (which was the cheapest of the three). Then, to prove no hard feelings, they even one upped me by repairing a nail hole in my right-rear tire without charging me (it turns out that a gradual leak had been tormenting my wife for months).
Yeah, that deserves a 5 star rating.

SJ
Steve J.
Kia Sorento
02/13/2019 Category: Service
Steve said the service was good and timely.

02/07/2019
Always great!
Trust worthy and honest. I won’t go any where else.

RYAN C.
02/06/2019
Great work, great customer service.
All around great experience. Will definitely be going back. Thank you to all who work there.

BRAD M.
Manassas, VA
Acura MDX
02/05/2019
great service
Fast, reliable and honest. I will always bring my vehicles here for any issues.

Hyundai Santa Fe
01/28/2019
Very helpful
As usual these guys are really looking out for the car owner. Always about safety and for the long haul, not just for the present.

DF
DOUGLUS F.
Chevrolet Classic
01/25/2019
Honest
My sons car made a clunk noise and they diagnosed the problem right away, they were honest in saying the car wasn’t in salvageable condition and not safe , that it wasn’t worth fixing. They didn’t try to get us to pay more for a lost cause and that shows a company’s integrity. Highly recommend them!

TC
TRACY C.
Ashburn, VA
Dodge Charger
01/24/2019
Outstanding, honest service
What a comfort to have an intelligent caring and honest mechanic. I don’t think there is anything Brian can’t fix!! Service and professionalism is outstanding! Highly recommend !

MF
MIKE F.
01/24/2019
Excellent Service!!
I have been taking my cars to My Dad's for several years now. They consistently perform at an excellent rate. They always have our cars running in peak performance and they are totally honest. Recently, my car's tire pressure light came on. I called My Dad's and they said they that could see me immediately and take a look at my car. As soon as I drove up, they took the keys and put my car up on the lift. They located a large screw in one of the tires and patched it. The entire visit took approximately 10 minutes. I doubt that you could find another place that would give you immediate service like My Dad's, and provide total peace of mind by avoiding a flat tire. That is huge to me! I will be a lifetime customer of My Dad's.

MICHAEL P.
01/18/2019
Top Notch Shop
Look no further if you need a reliable, honest, knowledgeable and fair mechanic. Brian, Jeremy and Steve are great people to work with. They answer every question and take the time to explain everything they do in detail. Like any good shop, they will recommend additional services your vehicle may need, but only in an informative manner. Why pay more for impersonal dealership service? Support a great local small business!

HS
Harpreet S.
Woodbridge, VA
Audi RS 5
01/18/2019 Category: Service
Harpreet said the experience was great. Brian helped with process and was up front with the cost and was very nice. He will definitely be going back for more work that they talked about.

BRYAN H.
Aldie, VA
01/17/2019
Service Notice B123
Jeremy and Brian took good care of us. They scheduled our repair to accommodate our timeline and ordered the parts ahead of time to turn the repair into a 1 day job.

They are the best in 2 areas:
1. Customer Service - so easy to work with and they bend over backwards to make it work for your schedule

2. Brian and his team are great mechanics and I feel good knowing that they make the best AND HONEST recommendation for service and repair.

Nissan Sentra
01/12/2019
Great & Fast Service
One of my best experiences with a mechanic. Representative suggested great offerings and help me pick the right tires. Will definitely come back again for my future needs. Told me the install would take a 2-3 hours and they finished within 2 hours. Pleasant and nice people work here!

JOHN B.
Audi S8
01/09/2019
Service on my Audi S8
Honest and timely repair. Knowledgeable and courteous staff. Heartily recommend this firm to all who inquire about auto service.

Kathy M.
01/09/2019 Category: Service
Kathy said they were the best.