Tracy M.
Madison, VA
Subaru Impreza Sedan
01/08/2019 Category: Service
Tracy said that the business provided excellent customer service and was very helpful in diagnosing issues with her vehicle.

EB
ED B.
Herndon, VA
01/01/2019
As always...terrific!!!
Bryan and his team are outstanding!! The most HONEST shop in the area. And, very reasonable. Bryan will tell you like it is. He'll make suggestions as to when you really need to have the service...whether it's urgent or pending. On this visit, I had front brakes replaced...cuz they were shimmying...warped discs - went with upgraded discs (non-rusting). Also had brake fluid flushed, transmission flushed - not a drain and refill - complete flush...(costs more...worth it)...front seal on axle and boot replaced...all for about $1200. Original quote - $1400/change. Bryan is a very fair person. He runs his shop with excellent values. That's why I've been his customer for about 5 years!! Everyone that works there is professional...knows what they're talking about...and is very customer-service oriented. They make it easy to do business. You won't get ripped off here. That's just not how they operate. I've recommended friends to Bryan...he's treated them right - even if he had to refer them to someone else...such as a guy that specializes in rear end and transmission work - very fair guy!! So...if you're looking for a great outfit to service your car...to provide you with an honest appraisal of work that needs to be done...this IS THE PLACE, FOLKS!!! They ROCK!!! I would not hesitate to recommend My Dad's to anyone.

RICHARD G.
Fairfax Station, VA
12/28/2018
100k check up on TL
Dad's Automotive continues to be a great place to take all my cars. Great service and better automotive knowledge. 5 stars

FH
FRANK H.
12/19/2018
The Best
To All Who Read This:

My Dad's Automotive is the BEST automotive service center. The staff are incredible and explain everything in detail. I have lived in many countries all over the world - My Dad's Automotive wins hands down. I RECOMMEND STRONGLY.

Best wishes,

Frank

CLAUDINE M.
12/19/2018
Highly recommend
This was my second visit. Easy to make an appointment and good communication. They do what you ask, if it’s your first time there they’ll do an “inspection” and let you know of any urgent safety issues or if something can wait. I ask a lot of questions, and they are patient to answer them.

NJ
NADEEM J.
Mazda RX-7
12/18/2018
Honest - Friendly - BEST of All - Their Expertise
Brian is Down Right Honest - Treats you with respect - And ABOVE All - Very detailed oriented - Each time he's worked on my car. I initially first visited this shop about 4.5 years ago and each time - I've been very pleased - After work has been done on my cars.

MARIE P.
Catharpin, VA
MINI Countryman
12/13/2018
Inspection
I called to have an inspection done. They took me in right away and got the inspection done very quickly, which was great!! Very friendly and communicative. Trustworthy.

YA
Yvonne A.
12/13/2018 Category: Service
Yvonne said the customer service was perfect.

PC
PETER C.
12/10/2018
GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
Excellent HONEST service.
Hard to find these days, I'm just glad I finally found my local auto shop.

Thomas M.
Centreville, VA
Buick Enclave
12/08/2018 Category: Service
Thomas said Brian and staff are awesome. They are honest and he stated he never feels like he's being taken advantage of.

Mehmet B.
12/06/2018 Category: Service
Mehmet said he would recommend this business for service.

Kevin S.
Springfield, VA
12/04/2018 Category: Service
Kevin said they did a great job.

AR
ALAN R.
11/30/2018
Honest mechanic
I was tired of being used by the big chain mechanic shops, they would only care about selling more and more to you. MDA is much different and they are car driver friendly. Great service for a reasonable great price. I'll continue to bring my car to MDA. Thanks

MARK G.
Mc Lean, VA
Audi Q7
11/29/2018
Just as before, these guys did a great job sorting out the problem, keeping me informed and all for a good price. I will be back.

MARIE P.
Catharpin, VA
11/20/2018
Extremely Friendly!!
Great Service. I will be back.

JEFF M.
Gainesville, VA
11/15/2018
5 Star Service
Fantastic service. My Dad’s Automotive provides the best service hands down. Highly recommend.

BRYAN H.
Aldie, VA
11/15/2018
Emissions on a moments notice...
The Sheriff pulling in behind me and immediately popped his blue lights... I pulled over. As he approached my window, I couldn't for the life of me imagine why he was pulling me over.

"License and Registration," he asked, cutting to the chase. "What's the expiration date on that Registration?"

As I saw the expiration date on the registration, my heart sank... but I wasn't going to admit guilt. I just stared blankly at the registration paper. "I dunno," I offered the Sheriff.

He gave in after a few seconds and pointed out to me that my registration was expired...

"Look, it's right there... expired," he chided.

I sheepishly apologized and he went back to his car to run my info.

Short story long... he gave me a stern warning, in writing... with the caveat that I get this updated ASAP.

I agreed.

As soon as I returned to my office, I busted out my computer to renew my registration online at the DMV.

Error... cannot complete transaction. Please enter the date of the most recent emissions test stated the website. I had no idea. WTF?

Before hooking up with my boy Brian at MyDadsAutomotive, I would have had no idea what to do. I probably would have searched the internet for info on emissions testing... or called the DMV, LOL... or driven to a local gas station to park my car in that line all those stations have, waiting for an inspection, hoping they could help me.

BUT... after my first experience with MyDadsAutomotive, I realized that there are HONEST mechanics out there... they DO exist... with a mission to help people with their vehicles as if they were family... as if they were your Dad. This realization has not only helped me with all our family vehicles, for all the maintenance and repairs issues over the past 4 years... but it has also removed ALL the anxiety related to car problems.

So what did I do? I picked up the phone and called MyDads Automotive. They pulled up my emission records online... let me see, you last emissions was June of 2016. They told me I would need a new test in order to renew my registration.
"Can you help me with that?" I asked

They scheduled me for the first appointment they had the next day... it was actually before they were even open. They understood I couldn't drive a car with expired registration and that I needed help ASAP.

I stopped by the next day, brewed myself a cup of coffee in their reception area, plopped down on the couch and opened up my laptop to get some work done using their free WiFi. Less than 30 minutes later, not only was the emission test done, but I was able to renew my registration online.... right there from their couch... I even printed a receipt.... just in case the Sheriff pulled in behind me again before my fresh, new stickers arrived in the mail.

I know, I like, and I trust Brian and his team at MyDadsAutomotive... couldn't recommend them highly enough.

You are the man, Brian... you and your team truly are a trusted resource for all things automotive... it's like I'm calling My Dad for help.

John L.
11/13/2018 Category: Service
John said that the place was good.

Acura TLX
11/12/2018
quick service, knowledgable staff
I came in for a safety inspection and also inquired about an oil change. The staff was very patient and answered all my questions. They were pleasant to work with!

AJ
ALLEN J.
Sterling, VA
Volkswagen Touareg
11/09/2018
A Honest Consultation
My vehicle has served me well but some expenses are looming. 'Car getting older' kind of expenses. Brian took a couple of minutes and went over them with me. None are urgent or safety related, but cars do not fix themselves; eventually all will have to be done. What I appreciate is that Brian is giving me time to decide on keeping the vehicle (making the repairs) or turning it in on another or selling it. I appreciate being able to speak with someone who can give me reliable cost and repair-time estimates. I can estimate brakes and tires, I know how much an oil change and spark plugs cost, I have purchased cabin and air intake filters, but a seeping valve cover gasket is outside my 40 years of car ownership experience. It was a good conversation (albeit an sad one).