4.5

Continue reading recommended reviews

Jamie S.
Richmond, VA
This review is currently pending verification from the business.
01/24/2020
Service is horrible
2017 Hyundai Elantra bought new at dealership. I had to bring in for a second time with the heater not working and car overheating. I have roughly 27,000 miles on car. I had to wait 3 weeks for a scheduled appointment. I had to wait another 4 day for them to order a radiator hose and to fix. I asked to take elsewhere not a Hyundai dealership I have factory warranty and was told no. If I have to fix third time for same problem I will check with my states lemon laws. Having to pay for a car that I cant drive and cant be fixed in a timely manner and the same Problem is nonsense.

Mike M.
Hopewell, VA
11/29/2019
Somewhat Satisfied
Recently purchased a used Elantra Limited. Overall the sales experience was satisfactory. My salesmen was very accommodating and helpful, fealt I got a reasonable deal after a good bit of haggling. My big regret was not realizing that there was only 1 key fob for my car, until after the deal was made. I then inquired about the second fob and was told they would look for it, and they stated they fealt they should have it since the car came from Hyundai. Low and behold they could not find the fob and then stated they could not get me another one unless I paid for it. I know this is my fault for not addressing this during negotiations, but it was an honest oversight. My issue is that I fealt the dealership gave me the impression that they could care less whether or not I had a spare key for my vehicle or not. This car, without the proximity key is just a lump of useless sheet metal. I would have liked the dealer to have at least given me some options for a backup and given my concerns the needed attention. This gives me serious reservations for ever buying from or recommending this dealership in the future.

Chester, VA

PM
Peter M.
07/06/2019 Category: Service
Very Poor Service
They still don’t understand my issue with them. It’s not the cost of service - I am an IT manager and my wife is a Physician so cost of service was not the issue. Our annual income is about $300,000. I am not looking for cheap discounted service but good service. We have resolved to drive back to Henrico for our service. Thank you

07/06/2019 Category: Service
Very Poor Service and Management
Below standard customer care
MILES M. from Pearson Hyundai responded on 07/06/2019

Sorry to hear your visit did not go as planned. Somebody will be in touch with you first of the week to resolve any concerns you may have about the service department.

Thanks,

Miles M.

MILES M. from Pearson Hyundai responded on 07/09/2019

I was trying to do a simple favor for you, but clearly there is just a negative attitude toward the whole situation. I'm not quite sure why your annual income has anything do with this situtation and publishing it on a public website. It doesn't make any difference to us if you are in the top 1% or the bottom 1% of annual income in this country. Money has nothing to do with this and my offer to you was a simple favor that is all. We truly hope you enjoy your future service visits in Henrico.

No shock
I purchased a vehicle from them in April. I took it back multiple times because it bounced to the side. I thought it was just shocks. However, each time I was told by Ateoine in servicing and then by Ross in sales, that they did not feel anything. Ross was kind enough to say if I found something to let him know because they want to do right by me. I will say Ross had nothing to do with the sell of my vehicle but was trying to help with my frustration from the lies I had been told and repair problems. Still frustrated, I Took the vehicle to Firestone on May 21. On May 22 Firestone said the rear axle beam was bent, it needs shocks, both rear tires are damaged from the axle issue and the battery needs to be replaced. I took the vehicle to Pearson on May 22 with the Firestone ticket. I will repost after they give me the update. So, far I have been told by sales to talk to servicing and servicing has said that they will look at it and see what sales wants to do for me.

Trim issues continues
The continual trim issue. I took my car back on May 9 for them to fix the trim, now both sides, and the paint that they damaged. I have taken my car to them several times now to fix the trim on the side of my van, which was a part of our contract. So far the trim is still not fix. They messed up the trim on the other side. The put a gash in my paint on the sliding door, which they were supposed to fix but have not yet.

Damage
As a part of our contract they agreed to get backup sensors installed. They did get the backup sensors installed. However, the trim on the bumper was bent in the process. I did not tell them about the bend because I figured it would just be easier to fix it myself. I did point it out to the service manager when I was pointing out that the other trim that was supposed to be fixed wasn’t.

One star is too high
Took the car in on May 2, 2019, so that they could try and repair the trim (second attempt). They were supposed to repair the driver side. Well, the drive side is not repaired and they tried to fix the passenger side, which was not noticeable before (which is why I did not know to put it in the agreement in the first place), but is now almost as bad as the driver side. I only noticed the passenger side because there was tape on it. I pointed this out to Ross, a very nice and polite sales manager. He got me to the service manager Brian, who was also nice and polite. While I was showing the trim to the service manager I also noticed a nice gash in the paint of my sliding door that had not been there. Brian asked me to bring the car back and said they would fix the trim and the gash. I will say this is not their service department fault because I was told that someone else does their trim repairs.

05/20/2019
More lies
They gave me a price on replacing the headlight assembly. I do not remember the exact price but parts were two hundred something and the labor was two hundred something. They said they would do it for half price. Not knowing how much auto things cost, that sounded high. So, I called around and was give prices in the six to seven hundred range for parts and labor. So, I called back and scheduled an appointment for Thursday, May 2, 2019. I got a call from them saying they had ordered the wrong part and the new part would be in on Monday. There was no mention that the price had changed. When I get there the labor is as expected, $239.00. However, the parts price was $432.95. I still came out cheaper than if I had gone somewhere else but they really should point out price changes that are more than a couple of dollars.

SG
Susan G.
Chesterfield, VA
04/14/2019
DISSATIFIED AND HURT
I have known Mike Speese who is now a salesman there for about thirty five years. Our family have bought dozens of cars from him, we bought several Hyundai at this dealership and have been satisfied with their service and the cars. This week my ex husband purchased a car for me. When I drove the car I realized it has major mechanical problems. I had to drive the car back so the mechanics could look at it. I didn't want the car and I told them over and over I wasn't comfortable with it and was afraid to drive it. JR the mechanic tried to tell me there was nothing wrong with it. I am not stupid and I have a lot experience with cars since I am a senior citizen now. The car has major problems. Then the manager Mr. Garland was very condescending and disrespectful to me. He scolded me for adding two quarts of oil just to be able to return to Richmond. He tried to tell me how fortunate I am to have my ex husband helping me, as though I am some kind of female bimbo and user of a man. I was insulted and furious. They refused to take the car back and told me I could buy a new one at double what that one was costing me. It was ridiculous. They wouldn't do one thing to remedy the mechanical problems so now I am forced to drive a car that is in bad shape and sure to leave me stranded. None of management cared about that. I have NEVER dealt with any car dealer who treated me as badly as they did and after years of doing business with them. Personally I would like to see Mr. Garland fired. If he treated me that way he probably treats other customers that way. I would not recommend Pearson Hyundai to anyone. Go somewhere you are appreciated as a customer and treated with respect, you won't find those things at Pearson Hyundai.

AJ
Alanna J.
03/19/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
I feel like I purchased a new vehicle that has not lived up to the expectations of a new vehicle

EP
Erica P.
Highland Springs, VA
11/30/2018
Finance Manager Ross needs a personality adjustment
The finance manager Ross was very crass and rude. As a customer, his customer service skills were less than desired. If it were not for salesman Howard and Lori, I would have walked out and left!

Chesterfield, VA

Dorothy C.
09/13/2018
Poor phone customer service
Tried to call at 510pm only to make an appointment. Called two times never asking what I needed. Each time put on hold for 5-10 minutes to then have someone disconnect my call. I called a third time same male answered told him wanting to make an appointment. He just put me back on hold and also disconnected the phone call. Called the manager only to get his voice mail box. It was then 515pm.

Dorothy C.

Repair Costs Unacceptable

Martha S.
Midlothian, VA
07/12/2018 Category: Service
Previous visits have gone much better than this one
My review of this Hyundai dealership is colored by the serious problem that developed when I'd only had my vehicle 18 months (with 3.5 years left to pay my auto loan): The gearshift lock jammed when my vehicle was parked, and I couldn't move the car once I started the engine.
I had to phone Hyundai service, and they gave me instructions on how to un-jam it; but it happened more than once (this can be a safety hazard when changing gears in traffic). They did have me bring my Elantra in once in order to make an adjustment -- which helped -- but when I reported to them that it still happened occasionally, the service manager said, "All you have to do is to carry a thin, pointed object in the car to jam down into the gearshift lock whenever it jams." This isn't the type of response I wanted to hear for a car under two years old. In my opinion, I own a lemon and should have been offered another Elantra.

Joseph G.
Virginia
06/21/2018 Category: Service
Realized it was a factory issue not pearson hyundai
My recall wasnt available yet

06/21/2018 Category: Service
Didn't fix what I came r
Were not helpful
ZACHARY M. from Pearson Hyundai responded on 06/21/2018

I'm sorry to see such a bad review, we are not used to seeing those.  I would love to make this up to you. Please let me know when the best time would be to reach out to you.  Have a great day.

Thanks,