KEVIN B.
Hyde Park, MA
GMC Acadia
02/04/2021
People were great however I paid $1300 in car repairs and it still is not working.. Very disappointing
Yes there were codes in there but it was all due to low voltage discharge from the battery. I just feel like that should have been checked initially. Because that was the code that also showed up.
Like I said very nice and courteous staff but I just felt like it was a lot to pay and not have the issue resolved and to take it somewhere else and then find out that it was just that the battery needed a charge.

02/01/2021
I brought my car in because it was not starting. I was told it was the key and it changed keys and it still has the same problem. I was then told it was the starter. I had that replaced there and the car still has the same issue. I was then basically given an oh well maybe you should take it to the dealership. So I basically paid Random Automotive $1300 for nothing.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 02/02/2021

Kevin,
When you brought your vehicle in, the Technicians found a slew of DTC U-codes (U0155, U0164, U0184, U0198, U0199, U0200, U0214, U0230) which are codes determining there is a break in communication with various vehicle modules and a Technical Service Bulletin from GM relating to a repair needed. Technicians also found DTC code P0513: Immobilizer key incorrect. Starting the vehicle with a bad key may have been attempted, leaving said code in the system. Vehicle had a broken Side Object Sensing Module that is broken on the RH side. Technicians found that the sensor rotted off the wiring harness and part of the sensor module is stuck in the harness. Vehicle needed a new harness connector & sensor module. After testing the starting & charging system, we found that the Starter Assembly wasn't properly functioning and would need to be replaced as well. So it was a multifaceted issue coming in. Upon return a week or so later, the vehicle had a slew of communication & Body control module codes that were in the vehcle's ECU, which told us that it needs more service, services which at this point go beyond our expertise and would need to be seen by a GM dealership. we hope this clarifies the issues at hand. Issues with vehicle communication between modules need to be addressed by the Dealerships, which is unfortunate but that is the case with your vehicle. We hope to see yu soon. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Laurie B.
12/03/2020
Grrat service but staff doesn’t wear masks
I give it 5 stars for good, fast service and friendly staff but give it one star because girl at front desk did not wear a mask so I waited outside in the cold ... Then a mechanic came through the lobby and he didn’t have a mask. Won’t be going back.

GS
Guerlince S.
09/24/2020
Disappointed
When I dropped the car I drop it in the front. When I pick it up. I was given the key and told to walk around the back of the building to go get my car. When other customers were brought to the right in from of the building. This clearly reflects that my money and business were not needed.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 09/24/2020

Mr. Semerzier,
The reason your vehicle was parked out back was because at the time of completion there were no available spots in front of the building, and we had to park it in our rear lot. This is customary when spots fill up due to the fact that we are constantly busy and parking can be in issue in our front lot. It is not a reflection that your money and business is not needed, and we as a company are highly offended that you would say that without knowing the facts of what had transpired. We are sorry if you feel this way, but we in no way shape or form purposely parked your vehicle in the rear and others in the front. If you examine our parking layout, we have very limited spots availabe in front of our building, six (6) to be exact, one of which is handicap accessible. You walked in without an appointment, and we were able accomodate you at a very reasonable time and get you back on the road safely. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you again for other services, but are highly disappointed that you would jump to conclusions regarding our parking situation.

LOGAN S.
Chevrolet Cobalt
03/04/2020
Charged for bogus "diagnostic"
I would not recommend taking your car here. I knew exactly what the problem was, I needed a fuel line replacement. I told them that's what I wanted when I dropped it off and wanted to know how much it would cost for them to do the work. A couple hours later I was given a quote that I wasn't happy with. I know the repair should only take an hour at most. When I told the shop I wouldn't be doing the repairs there, I get hit with a $115 "diagnostic" fee, which they provided me with no new information at all. They say the fee is posted in the office, which it's posted on a 1 page print out, and I was not notified ahead of time by the desk I would have this "fee" if I didn't do the repairs there. Most mechanic shops will tell you how much they'll do the repair for, for free. This feels like extortion since they had my car. Again, I did not take my car here to find out what the problem was, I was already aware. I will never take another vehicle here again.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 03/30/2020

Logan,
You were charged the diagnostic fee because of the time it takes technicians to properly diagnose and formulate a plan as to how the necessary and safe repairs should be made. You were informed that it needed a section of fuel line replaced, but also made aware of other potential issues that may arise once the repair starts. Over the years, we have found that other shops have misdiagnosed or not fully diagnosed issues with customers cars, and have made it a point to check & diagnose the vehicle ourselves to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Had we soley replaced that section of fuel line and missed another issue or did not repair any other needed work, you would have been upset. We were upfront with you about other potential needs as we looked into your vehicles issue, and did a thorough job informing you. Our technician's time is valuable and appreciated by our customers. After 57 sucessful years in business, I think we know what we are doing.

Logan S.
03/04/2020
I did not need a diagnostic
I would not recommend taking your car here. I knew exactly what the problem was, I needed a fuel line replacement. I told them that's what I wanted when I dropped it off and wanted to know how much it would cost for them to do the work. A couple hours later I was given a quote that I wasn't happy with. I know that the repair should only take about an hour at most, but was quoted 2 hours for labor. When I told the shop I wouldn't be doing the repairs there, I get hit with a $115 "diagnostic" fee, which provided me with no new information at all. They say the fee is posted in the office, which it's posted on a 1 page print out, and I was not notified ahead of time by the desk I would have this "fee" if I didn't do the repairs there. Most mechanic shops will tell you how much they'll do the repair for, for free. I did not need or ask them to diagnose what the issue was. This feels like extortion since they already had my car. Again, I did not take my car here to find out what the problem was, I was already aware. I will never take another vehicle here again, and I suggest you don't either.