GS
Guerlince S.
09/24/2020
Disappointed
When I dropped the car I drop it in the front. When I pick it up. I was given the key and told to walk around the back of the building to go get my car. When other customers were brought to the right in from of the building. This clearly reflects that my money and business were not needed.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 09/24/2020

Mr. Semerzier,
The reason your vehicle was parked out back was because at the time of completion there were no available spots in front of the building, and we had to park it in our rear lot. This is customary when spots fill up due to the fact that we are constantly busy and parking can be in issue in our front lot. It is not a reflection that your money and business is not needed, and we as a company are highly offended that you would say that without knowing the facts of what had transpired. We are sorry if you feel this way, but we in no way shape or form purposely parked your vehicle in the rear and others in the front. If you examine our parking layout, we have very limited spots availabe in front of our building, six (6) to be exact, one of which is handicap accessible. You walked in without an appointment, and we were able accomodate you at a very reasonable time and get you back on the road safely. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you again for other services, but are highly disappointed that you would jump to conclusions regarding our parking situation.

Chris Alexopoulos
Shop Manager
781-963-9886

LOGAN S.
Chevrolet Cobalt
03/04/2020
Charged for bogus "diagnostic"
I would not recommend taking your car here. I knew exactly what the problem was, I needed a fuel line replacement. I told them that's what I wanted when I dropped it off and wanted to know how much it would cost for them to do the work. A couple hours later I was given a quote that I wasn't happy with. I know the repair should only take an hour at most. When I told the shop I wouldn't be doing the repairs there, I get hit with a $115 "diagnostic" fee, which they provided me with no new information at all. They say the fee is posted in the office, which it's posted on a 1 page print out, and I was not notified ahead of time by the desk I would have this "fee" if I didn't do the repairs there. Most mechanic shops will tell you how much they'll do the repair for, for free. This feels like extortion since they had my car. Again, I did not take my car here to find out what the problem was, I was already aware. I will never take another vehicle here again.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 03/30/2020

Logan,
You were charged the diagnostic fee because of the time it takes technicians to properly diagnose and formulate a plan as to how the necessary and safe repairs should be made. You were informed that it needed a section of fuel line replaced, but also made aware of other potential issues that may arise once the repair starts. Over the years, we have found that other shops have misdiagnosed or not fully diagnosed issues with customers cars, and have made it a point to check & diagnose the vehicle ourselves to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Had we soley replaced that section of fuel line and missed another issue or did not repair any other needed work, you would have been upset. We were upfront with you about other potential needs as we looked into your vehicles issue, and did a thorough job informing you. Our technician's time is valuable and appreciated by our customers. After 57 sucessful years in business, I think we know what we are doing.

Chris Alexopoulos
Shop Manager
781-963-9886

Logan S.
03/04/2020
I did not need a diagnostic
I would not recommend taking your car here. I knew exactly what the problem was, I needed a fuel line replacement. I told them that's what I wanted when I dropped it off and wanted to know how much it would cost for them to do the work. A couple hours later I was given a quote that I wasn't happy with. I know that the repair should only take about an hour at most, but was quoted 2 hours for labor. When I told the shop I wouldn't be doing the repairs there, I get hit with a $115 "diagnostic" fee, which provided me with no new information at all. They say the fee is posted in the office, which it's posted on a 1 page print out, and I was not notified ahead of time by the desk I would have this "fee" if I didn't do the repairs there. Most mechanic shops will tell you how much they'll do the repair for, for free. I did not need or ask them to diagnose what the issue was. This feels like extortion since they already had my car. Again, I did not take my car here to find out what the problem was, I was already aware. I will never take another vehicle here again, and I suggest you don't either.