CL
CHRISTINA L.
Chevrolet Blazer
05/29/2020
Used to be great not so much anymore. Put daughters life at risk
I've left positive reviews for this place before. Unfortunately my last visit is my final. I began to question sandlake the last time or 2 so this time when I brought my vehicle in on Thursday and they told me they call me right back and after several promises to call or talk to a senior mechanic I finally got 1 answer on Tuesday morning (I had several questions) "its not worth fixing" and they did my oil change and fixed my break lights (2nd time in less than a year). My gut told me that there was something being left out and I'm really glad I listened to it. We immediately took it from Sandlake over to another recommended mechanic Wons automotive. He got back to us by mid day and had everything completely diagnosed. Sand Lake had got a couple things right there was a bushing that needed repaired but it was not worth it and there was an oil leak that wasn't worth repairing. They missed HUGE critical issues though. We explained that this car was going to be sold or given to our daughter to be driven. Sand Lake told us it was safe to drive for the next year or 2. They were to look at the entire vehicle and let us know if anything needed to be done. Come to find out all of my brakes and rotors were completely bad, totally worn! They also missed an oil leak in a hose that was ready to burst that would destroy the entire car. Sandlake quoted me $4000 to fix my car and Won quoted me less than $1000 and even a handful of fixed things like a leak in my door. Its super sad I loved SandLake...
Timothy M. from Sand Lake Automotive responded on 05/29/2020

Good Afternoon Christina,
I would like to apologize for your experience during your last visit.  I will find out what went wrong and get back with you, not that it will change anything at this point.  Again, I'm really sorry for your disappointment and frustration.  I left a message for you on your phone also.  I will call you again next week when I have answers.
Tim Mason

Mitsubishi Montero Sport
12/16/2018
Disappointing
My vehicle was taken in for a no-heat issue. Reported symptoms were disregarded, a heater flush was performed, and whether or not it was the solution was not verified. I received my vehicle back and before I was a mile away I had no heat again. Less heat than when it was delivered to them! After getting it home I performed my own check & discovered the water levels in the radiator had not been checked/refilled. What kind of mechanic receives a vehicle with no heat, and doesn't verify the fluid levels in the radiator prior to releasing it to the owner? Parts were removed for another issue and not put back on. Sloppy.

James T.
Seward, AK
Plymouth Grand Voyager
10/25/2018 Category: Service
James said he was misled and the mechanic tried to charge him for work that wasn't done. If he didn't say anything he would have charged him.
Tim M. from Sand Lake Automotive responded on 10/26/2018

On 8/24 van came in for brakes, after brakes were repaired customer called back and said van was overheating, brought  van back in, quick visual inspection could not find any problems. Customer called back in october to have van looked at for over heating , found van was 3 quarts low on coolant. Topped  off coolant, found multiple coolant leaks. Did not charge for diagnosis. only charge was for coolant we put in van $6.58. Customer did not feel he should pay this so we let it go. I'm sorry you felt misled but the  Brake job and cooling system issue  have nothing to do with each other. Not sure what was meant by charging for work that wasent done, we just did a brake job.

CHARLES S.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
01/24/2018
Dissapointed with last visit
I have been coming here because I heard great things. But this last time I was dissapointed. I had some work done on my back window motor and had it replaced and ever since cannot get my back door to open. I brought it back after a couple weeks when I noticed it and was charged for trying to diagnose it but its still not fixed.

Jim B.
GMC Safari Cargo Van
09/06/2017 Category: Service
Jim said the staff had a hard time understanding the problem he had and he was displeased with the service.

LARRY B.
Ford Expedition
07/23/2017
Lube Job
I remember the good old days when you were not charged $2.00 for a quart of windshield wiper fluid. I also do not understand when I see the labor rate for the lube job is $102.00 and the labor rate for a check engine light is $112.00.
I also was not particularly please when I had to call to see if my vehicle was ready when they had it all day.

DON L.
Toyota Matrix
06/02/2017
Why go anywhere else!
I have taken all of my vehicles to Sand Lake for over 20 years. Honest dependable owners make this the only place I will ever go for vehicle repairs .

AW
ANNETTE W.
Wasilla, AK
09/30/2020
1992 Ford F250
Brought the truck in for minor repairs and upgrades. The service was excellent and done before promised. Will definitely go back!

CJ
CAROL J.
Nissan Murano
Always prompt and Reliable
Sand lake auto continues to service my 15 year old car and provides reliable service. The work is thorough and completed in a timely fashion at a fair price. They are our go to shop for all of our car care needs! Great team! Thanks

JOE K.
Pontiac Vibe
starting problems
quickly diagnosed and fixed the problem for a good price. staff were helpful and very efficient.

NG
NANCY G.
Mercury Mountaineer
The Best Automotive Repair Shop
I have been a customer for over 17 years and Sand Lake has taken care of all of my automotive maintenance and repairs. I highly recommend them.

DANIELLE W.
Nissan Rogue
09/24/2020
Always the best
Nothing worst than hearing a weird noise suddenly and seeing your dash light up with several indicator lights. Sand Lake Auto squeezed me in and made sure my vehicle was safe to drive. Always friendly, helpful and I know I can trust them and their diagnoses.

LN
LAURA N.
Palmer, AK
09/22/2020
Helpful. kind and knowledgeable!
I trust them 100% without question. The entire team is supportive and explains details. Service is fast and very reliable. They always address the problem and don’t push for unnecessary additional items.

GC
Gina C.
Acura RDX
09/22/2020 Category: Service
Gina said the business provided good service.

EI
EDRES I.
09/20/2020
Honest place of business
Sandlake automotive is a very honest and respectable shop,they will not sell you things you don't need or fix things that aren't broken. Awesome job thank you.