Latest Review about 1 hour ago

JOHN B.
Ford Excursion
08/17/2020
Super expensive
$50 for oil change when I supplied the oil and filter is outrageous.

FIAT 500X
01/14/2020
Bad customer service
I took my vehicle in bc my check engine light was on. Told them my reading I got was the thermostat. They did the through check of the vehicle and made sure everything was ok. Turns out i needed more than a thermostat. They gave me a quote for the thermostat replacement. So I went back about a week later to get my new thermostat, they come back in and said my breaks were worn more than before. So they ran a test on it, costing me more money! They said needs new brake calibrator etc. So I told them I couldn't afford that right now, go ahead with the thermostat. The guy I talked to, Tim, said they wouldnt replace the Thermostat that day bc the brakes were a safety hazard. That was not the reason I came in, he asked if I wanted to leave my vehicle overnight. I said no I need my car, not sure if he thought I'd come up with the $800+ in less than 24 hours or what. I left very mad bc I was told the thermostat needs to be replaced ASAP so it doesnt mess up my engine. Sounds like they just want the money and dont care about the customer!!

BILL S.
Holts Summit, MO
Cadillac SRX
12/12/2019
Damaged interior trim
Once we got home my wife began cleaning the car and found where the interior trim had scratches and gouges
Danny from The Auto Shop responded on 12/16/2019

Sorry this has happened. We have ordered replacement trim pieces that are scratched. Will contact you for free replacement. Danny

RYAN W.
GMC Acadia
04/08/2018
A/C
I've used The Auto Shop many times with always great service. My wife's A/C went out in her 2013 GMC Acadia. Brought it in and they called in a timely manner said they could not find the leak but believe is in the rear evaporator core but would need to charge another hour to confirm that's the issue. I said yes that's fine I need to find the source of the leak. Later they call and said would be 1050$ for the repair. I called local parts store bought a the same lifetime warranty part for $89.99. I then go to pick up my wife's car asked how long it would take to fix they said start to finish 4 hours. I don't know what their rate is but say its 100$ even at that it comes 400 plus the part say they mark up to 200 we are at 600 then 75 to recharge is only 675$. I feel like they were taking advantage of someone who needed ac fixed knowing most people will pay because they think of it as a need not a luxury. Very dissatisfied with them guess I'll be on the hunt for a new shop. I replaced the part myself and had another shop charge the ac system for me.

TAMI S.
10/20/2015
Does not do what is requested
When I've asked for 2 or 3 different services be performed, Danny forgets to add those services to the ticket & they don't get done which results in another trip to the shop & more money! Very annoying & complete waist of my time! Also, on 2 different occasions, I have been given conflicting information between service quotes and actual costs. Finally, this shop likes to charge me EVERY time a diagnostic is done. I recently did some research and a lot of repair shops are no longer using this practice. We are in the process of changing shops due to all of the issues mentioned above. My entire family prefers better overall customer service!
Danny from The Auto Shop responded on 10/28/2015

Unfortunately we did make an error and forgot to use the customer supplied oil as they requested.  We apologized for the mistake and to make up for the error we changed the oil with customer supplied oil and provided free labor for installing spark plug wires.

We are up front with our customers on diagnostic charges for Check Engine lights and other components that may not be working. If we are able to diagnosis the problem/issue fairly quickly, we only charge half the diagnosis fee. Unfortunately, this customers' personal extended warranty did not cover diagnostic fees on three of the visits that required diagnostics for check engine light or non-operating parts (6 visits total in 2015).

Leann S.
Russellville, MO
02/23/2013 Category: Service
Spoke with Scott. He said he had them flush his transmission because it was shifting fine except when coming out of overdrive. 24 hours after he picked up the vehicle, he had to have it towed back into the business. He said he later found out it was not necessarily recommended to flush a transmission that has 116,000 miles on it and it could cause it to go out. He said he knew there was a chance of that happening but he felt they could have paid the tow bill or at least offered to pay half of the $116 for the tow. They had him pay their cost for the towing. He has used this business many times before and said they are friendly, honest and up front but after the last experience he would not recommend them for the reasons mentioned. He sold his vehicle and purchased another one.