JACQUELINN S.

Springfield, MO
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
08/15/2019
Way over priced
The staff is very friendly and they were quick to get my vehicle looked at but charged me an arm and a leg to tell me something I already knew was wrong and tried to tell me there was other things needing attention that didn't need attention then proceed to tell me itd be over 500 bucks for a starter a part that costs 160 and only takes literally 5 minutes to put in

Mercury Montego
07/19/2019
Absolutely disappointed.
I have used this shop several times over the years because I felt that they were genuine and honest. After realizing I have 500+ dollars worth of work due everytime I visit I decided to get a 2nd,3rd and 4th opinion. The work that I was told needed to be done and that was preventing my car from passing inspection wasn't needed at all. Had I not gotten other opinions I would have ended up paying 500+ dollars for work that wasn't needed. I am disappointed. I have recommended this place to many people.
Danny from The Auto Shop responded on 07/29/2019

Thank you for your recent visit to our location in which we conducted a Missouri State Inspection on 7/15/19.  At that time our licensed state inspector found your passenger outer tie rod end to be loose, which fails the safety inspection.  If you had to go to 3 other shops before a licensed inspector would pass your vehicle then I question the last inspector who would pass it.  I am concerned you are driving with a loose safety part.  Please let us know if we can help in any way.

TK
TIM K.
07/11/2019
Will not come back
Very disappointed. They couldn’t diagnose the problem correctly the first time and expect me too keep putting in more money while they guess at what the problem is. I wish I hadn’t recommended them to friends. They are nice people, but bad mechanics.
Danny from The Auto Shop responded on 07/29/2019

Tim,
In April 2019 we replaced your air conditioning compressor due to a leak.  In July, 2019 the refrigerant level was good, but found temperature sensor inside dash was not allowing a/c to be turned on and the customer declined repair. These are separate issues.
We are sorry you feel this way and wish the best of luck to you.

Chandler H.
Chrysler 300
04/19/2019 Category: Service
Chandler said when he took his vehicle to the business they did a diagnostic and told him what was wrong. The staff told him how much it would cost, which he thought was pretty expensive so he tried to fix the vehicle himself. He then he tried to go back to the business but they refused to repair his vehicle. They told him that they didn't want customers who took advantage of their services even though he paid for the diagnostic. The staff made him tow his vehicle off of their property.
Danny C. from The Auto Shop responded on 04/25/2019

Chandler, we are sorry you had this experience.  When you brought your vehicle to us on March 29th, 2019 you stated it would not start and asked if someone could pick you up at home and bring you to work, which we did.  After testing your vehicle, we found that the battery and the alternator tested bad and would need to be replaced.  You and your father discussed openly in front of our other customers how you could get the part cheaper and do it yourself. We agreed, as any "do it your self" project you will save money doing it that way.

You towed your vehicle away and declined our services.  We stated that we would reimburse your towing as we did with all our customers. Then you towed your vehicle back to us on April 9, 2019 after 518 miles were put on your vehicle. You stated  that our "diagnostic" wasn't correct and your car would not start.  Although we did not do the repair and the vehicle had been driven for 518 miles, we provided a free test (value of $79.95) to determine your vehicle's issues.  We found and informed you that your battery and alternator are testing ok, but that you had a new problem, which is a voltage drop from battery (which is located in trunk) to the postive jump start post underhood. We informed you this would take additional testing to determine the problem.  However, we decided at this time to decline to test or make repairs on your vehicle due to our first interaction, as it was not satisfactory to you. Sincerely, Danny and Kelley Crawford

BRITNEY S.
Centertown, MO
Kia Soul
11/21/2018
Brittney Sawyer
You guys are the worst! I'll never take my Kia to you again. You inflate the prices and make up problems just to get more money out of me!!

Candice B.
11/20/2017
So Disappointed
We take 4 cars into the Auto Shop. Yes, I said 4. Although we do appreciate the reminders, after all how would a customer keep up on their maintenance if their mechanic didn't tell them when things needed replaced. But, I think there is a time when you leave it up to the customer to then take care of those issues. I don't believe in nagging. And that is where we were basically called rude customers, because we said no. My husband was told he was only to talk to the front desk & to learn how to talk to women, he was to never ask for Danny again. He is a mechanic/owner, the front desk are receptionists. Sorry to say they made it clear they don't need our business any longer. We have recommended them to several people. We will be taking our cars elsewhere. We don't need to be treated that way. If they would tell anyone that knows my husband that they are accusing him of being continuously rude, they would not believe them.

Donna D.
07/27/2015 Category: Service
Donna said her vehicle is still not working. This business did not fix her vehicle.
Danny from The Auto Shop responded on 07/30/2015

We advised Ms. Davis that her engine needed to be replaced. She declined the repair.

Thomas B.
New Bloomfield, MO
Chevrolet Corvette
05/22/2013 Category: Service
Thomas said he took his vehicle in to this business for a diagnosis on his air conditioning system. They told him they would contact him with an estimate but it has been close to seven days and he has not heard from them. He would not recommend them to others because they apparently do not want his business. He would have had his vehicle repaired by now if they had followed through with a phone call.
Danny C. from The Auto Shop responded on 05/29/2013
i apologive for the delay due to illness. I also spent 2 days researching parts. Parts price for this repair is staggering. I contacted Mr. Byrd on 5/28/2013 with an estimate. We appreciate your business!

Customer C.
04/03/2012
Owner Contact
Wished the website offered a email address for Danny personally to discuss issues that some may prefer not to leave on this comment site for all to see.

TG

Holts Summit, MO
Cadillac SRX
12/12/2019
Damaged interior trim
Once we got home my wife began cleaning the car and found where the interior trim had scratches and gouges
Danny from The Auto Shop responded on 12/16/2019

Sorry this has happened. We have ordered replacement trim pieces that are scratched. Will contact you for free replacement. Danny

RYAN W.
GMC Acadia
04/08/2018
A/C
I've used The Auto Shop many times with always great service. My wife's A/C went out in her 2013 GMC Acadia. Brought it in and they called in a timely manner said they could not find the leak but believe is in the rear evaporator core but would need to charge another hour to confirm that's the issue. I said yes that's fine I need to find the source of the leak. Later they call and said would be 1050$ for the repair. I called local parts store bought a the same lifetime warranty part for $89.99. I then go to pick up my wife's car asked how long it would take to fix they said start to finish 4 hours. I don't know what their rate is but say its 100$ even at that it comes 400 plus the part say they mark up to 200 we are at 600 then 75 to recharge is only 675$. I feel like they were taking advantage of someone who needed ac fixed knowing most people will pay because they think of it as a need not a luxury. Very dissatisfied with them guess I'll be on the hunt for a new shop. I replaced the part myself and had another shop charge the ac system for me.

TAMI S.
10/20/2015
Does not do what is requested
When I've asked for 2 or 3 different services be performed, Danny forgets to add those services to the ticket & they don't get done which results in another trip to the shop & more money! Very annoying & complete waist of my time! Also, on 2 different occasions, I have been given conflicting information between service quotes and actual costs. Finally, this shop likes to charge me EVERY time a diagnostic is done. I recently did some research and a lot of repair shops are no longer using this practice. We are in the process of changing shops due to all of the issues mentioned above. My entire family prefers better overall customer service!
Danny from The Auto Shop responded on 10/28/2015

Unfortunately we did make an error and forgot to use the customer supplied oil as they requested.  We apologized for the mistake and to make up for the error we changed the oil with customer supplied oil and provided free labor for installing spark plug wires.

We are up front with our customers on diagnostic charges for Check Engine lights and other components that may not be working. If we are able to diagnosis the problem/issue fairly quickly, we only charge half the diagnosis fee. Unfortunately, this customers' personal extended warranty did not cover diagnostic fees on three of the visits that required diagnostics for check engine light or non-operating parts (6 visits total in 2015).

Leann S.
Russellville, MO
02/23/2013 Category: Service
Spoke with Scott. He said he had them flush his transmission because it was shifting fine except when coming out of overdrive. 24 hours after he picked up the vehicle, he had to have it towed back into the business. He said he later found out it was not necessarily recommended to flush a transmission that has 116,000 miles on it and it could cause it to go out. He said he knew there was a chance of that happening but he felt they could have paid the tow bill or at least offered to pay half of the $116 for the tow. They had him pay their cost for the towing. He has used this business many times before and said they are friendly, honest and up front but after the last experience he would not recommend them for the reasons mentioned. He sold his vehicle and purchased another one.