Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

ROCKY H.
Maiden, NC
Dodge Nitro
09/26/2018
good
had work done and seems fixed ...but i also ask them to check my tire and fix it cause it had been leaking down for 3 weeks now and they only put air in it when i got it home it was low again 20psi
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 09/27/2018

I am sorry we could not find the slow leak in your tire. We checked tire pressures on all 4 wheels and they were all low. We set them  to spec and checked the left front valve stem with soap and water and it was not leaking at the time.We visually insected that tire also and found no obvious punctures. The next step would be to remove the tire from the rim and look inside. We were getting no signal from the tire pressure monitor on that wheel as well so the battery in that sensor is getting weak and we recommend replacing the sensor. Again I am sorry for your displeasure but bring the vehicle back and we will look inside the tire to see what we can find.

Cody W.
Denver, NC
01/10/2018 Category: Service
Cody said this business was working on his vehicle and he needed extra work done. They were going to charge him an extra 2.5 hours of labor, so he did the work himself and gave it back to them.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 01/18/2018

I am sorry that you are dissapointed that we have to charge labor for what we do.

Donald L.
Denver, NC
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Donald said he took his vehicle to the business for an alignment. He said it was a very long wait.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 12/30/2017

Your appointment was for 8:00am and our records show we checked you out at 8.55am. I am sorry we could not satisfy your time requirements. Saturdays are a very busy day.

Jennifer S.
Iron Station, NC
10/30/2017 Category: Service
Jennifer said her most recent visit was troubling. The mechanics told her that the vehicle's water pump and radiator needed to be replaced. However, once the work was done she had to have it towed and taken it back again 2 more times. The staff kept her vehicle for awhile and told her there was a problem with the head gasket. She's spent $2,300 on the repairs.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 11/10/2017

We apologise for any inconvenience however cylinder head gasket failures come from severe over heating. You can not diagnose a leaking head gasket or over heating problem with a leaking cooling system. The water pump was leaking heavily and the radiator had damage to the filler neck area which was causing the initial over heating. After they were replaced the vehicle did not over heat and later on it started to. After the vehicle came back in a few times we were finally able to get an accurate head gasket chemical test done which confirmed hydrocarbons in the cooling system. Again we apologise that it took longer to diagnose it properly.

JON M.
Sherrills Ford, NC
Chevrolet Pickup
01/12/2017
A little expensive but they got me in right away
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 01/13/2017

I am sorry you feel that way. Just FYI our oil change prices are cheaper then Walmart with faster service. Thank you for still taking the time to give us a 3 star review inspite of not being happy with our prices.

BC
BARRY C.
Maiden, NC
Fiat 500
05/15/2016
quick services
Left a trouble light on f the tires. It came on during last visit.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 05/17/2016

As per our phone conversation, the vehicle was in for a State Inspection only and a low tire pressure light does not fail. We were not asked to check the low tire pressure light however our technician "did" check and correct the tire the pressure free of charge (as noted on your receipt) and the service writer instructed you that if the light did not go out that there is fault with the TPMS system and it needs further diagnostics.

CHRIS B.
Sherrills Ford, NC
Honda Accord
11/30/2014
Honda Service
While you have exceeded expectations in the past this one fell short. The tire your looked at is still leaking air and needs to be repaired.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 12/01/2014

I am sorry we could not find the leak in your tire while you were here. Sometimes small leaks can be very difficlut to find and as I revieved your invoice, we did not charge you for checking it. I would recommend bringing the vehicle back in and we can remove the tire from the rim to inspect it internernally. I am sure we will find it that way, however that would incur a charge. Again, I am sorry for the inconveniece and we apprectiate your business.

FM
FRANK M.
NC
Volkswagen Jetta
04/10/2014
Too many trips to the garage
I had a lot of engine work done a few weeks ago. A tune-up was part of the work. They replaced the distributor cap as part of the tune-up. 2 weeks later the car died on me on the interstate causing me to have to get the vehicle towed. The ignition/distributor coil had to be replaced costing me an additional $300 after I had paid over $800 2 weeks prior. Did the prior engine work lead to the problem? Should that have been checked & replaced during the tune-up? Hard to say but I wasn't very happy. Overall I like the place & will more than likely be back as long as these repeat repairs don't become a trend.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 04/15/2014

We are sorry and understand your frustration. When you invest money in your car to prevent a breakdown and a month later you get towed in, it does not make you happy. However your car is 17 years old and ignition coils do not get replaced as part of a regular tune up. There is no way to predict when an ignition coil will fail. Unfortunatly cars today have many electrical and electronic components that can fail without warning and we do our best to recommend when to change them but can not predict the life span on every component on your car. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and again we are sorry for any inconvenience.

Christopher C.
Cadillac CTS
09/07/2012 Category: Service
Christopher said he dropped the vehicle off at 12 but didn't receive it until 5, he came in to have his tires rotated.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 09/19/2012
We are very sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused by not getting your four wheel alignment and tire rotation done in a timely matter. Saturdays are very busy days and we usually take in our appointment customers first. We can definitely get you in and out much faster with a scheduled appointment. We thank you for the opportunity of servicing your vehicles!

PC
Phil C.
NC
GMC Sierra
06/09/2012 Category: Service
Phil said the work is great from this business but they were not upfront about the cost. He was quoted one price and when the service was over, the price jumped $30 or $40 for something he was not warned about. He chose not to elaborate further.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 06/15/2012
Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your experience. We are very sorry for the confusion concerning your vehicle. Adjusting the ride height is not included in the cost of a normal wheel alignment and is an additional charge. We will gladly refund the addtional charges to you if it was not properly explained. Thank you again.