STEPHEN S.
Toyota Land Cruiser
02/28/2014
Failed Safety Inspection
My issue was that I had clearly explained the hi-beam switch issue prior to the inspection and inquired the pass/fail criteria on this item. I was told that this issue by itself would not 'fail' the inspection but then it certainly did. I would have had the switch repaired prior to inspection had it been made clear to me that the partially functioning switch would result in a failure. The way this played out suggests to me that WLAAT failed the inspection with an eye towards collecting the fee for the much more expensive switch replacement service.

02/28/2014
Failed Safety Inspection
Very disappointing that the WLAAT inspector chose to fail my vehicle for inspection due to a high-beam switch issue. The high beams worked fine when the flash lever was pulled but would not when switched to the constant on position. What valid safety concern would this pose? None, absolutely none - yet this inspector chose to fail the vehicle for this one silly reason. Very disappointing.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 03/04/2014

I am sorry Mr Strezeski that you are disappointed however you are asking us to pass your vehicle illegally and overlook a requried component to pass a NC State Inspection. In the NC DMV Inspector Guide page 41 under article 19A NCAC 03D .0533 Lights; line (d) it states Headlights shall not be approved if "The high beam low beam dimmer switch does not operate properly or the high beam indicator light does not burn on vehicles manufactured after Jan 1956". Your dimmer switch on your vehicle worked in the "flash" mode but would not turn on the high beams when the dimmer switch was pushed forward. This constitutes a failure. If you disagree I would encourage you to call NC DMV at 1877-421-0020 and advise them that you feel that we illegally failed your vehicle and they will take the proper action if neccessary. Thank you for your time.

Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 03/06/2014

The vehicle inspection was in progress when you inquired about your high beam switch not working correctly and it is up to the "inspector" to pass of fail a vehicle. The inspector himself is responsible for his own license and fines,not the service writer. You can take the vehicle any where you choose to have the high beam switch replaced so we do not fail vehicles illegally to force our customers to have us do the repairs. Your inspection was done properly according to the NC DMV law and I am sorry you do not understand.

JACK C.
10/22/2020
General maintenance
Chris, Mike, and their team always give us a five star performance on any work needed. They’re the best. Highly recommend.

HL
HARVEY L.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
10/21/2020
Disappointed
The oil change was fine. The tire rotation not very good. I check the tire pressure today and the front tires were supposed to be at 50 psi and they were over 60. The back tires were supposed to be at 80 psi and they were around 90. Not good.
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 10/22/2020

Tire pressure can change quite a bit from hot to cold. This week alone the temperatures have been changing in the morning from high 40's to upwards of 80 degrees. We set your tires pressures cold. But we would be glad to re-check your tire pressures with you standng right next my A-technician to compare what our gauge says vs readings on the dash or your tire pressure gauge. My own truck the pressures have been changing as my as 6 psi from hot to cold this week  and I have not adjusted them.

NM
Norman M.
Lincolnton, NC
10/17/2020 Category: Service
Norman said they did what they said they would do and he asked them to do.

TOM B.
Ram 1500
10/10/2020
Great Customer Service and accommodating.
The Review Title says it all, Westlake Auto and Tire LLC offers Great Customer Service and they are accomodating.

Jacob R.
Ford Cab
10/08/2020 Category: Service
Jacob said quick service

Jeremy W.
Dodge Durango
10/08/2020 Category: Service
Jeremy said he never has issues with them. They do a great job.

Cheri S.
10/06/2020
Customer service is Top of the Line.
The Guys all know it's a pain in the "Butt" to take our car's into the shop, but not here they take care of all your automotive needs and you as well. Prices are great and you don't leave feeling like you've spent an arm and a leg. I just want to say Thank You for all you do.

FS
FRANK S.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
10/06/2020
Customer service is Top of the Line.
The Guys all it's a pain in the "Butt" to take your car into the shop, but not here they take care of all your automotive needs, and you as well. Prices are always reasonable. Just want to say Thank You for all they do.

JOE C.
10/02/2020
fast service
always a free safety check.

Jackie T.
Pontiac Vibe
10/02/2020 Category: Service
Jackie said the business doesn't try to cheat and sell things she doesn't need.

MARK W.
Ford F-350 Super Duty
09/30/2020
Great experience
They fixed the brakes on my super duty Ford. Great and fast work and reasonably priced.

STEVE S.
Acura TSX
09/30/2020
The usual
Drove in without an appointment for a brake issue and as usual, I was in and out in great time with a fair deal. Chris and all of the techs are great to work with.

MARY S.
Statesville, NC
Honda Accord Coupe
09/29/2020
Fast friendly service with just one call. They have always worked me right in their schedule.
Always there when you need them with speedy and friendly service.

Toyota Prius v
09/29/2020
Prius
Nice service
Michael T. from Westlake Auto & Tire LLC responded on 10/07/2020

Thank you for taking time to leave us a nice review. We apprecitate your business!