Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Dennis H.
BMW 330i
04/08/2015 Category: Service
Dennis said that this business is accurate with their diagnostics, and their prices are reasonable.

EP
Eric P.
BMW M5
04/07/2015 Category: Service
Eric said they just take care of everything very well for him.

AL
Alexander L.
Fairport, NY
BMW M5
04/06/2015
Knowledgable, Courteous, Honest and Fair
Being an Automotive Technician, the times are few and far between that I have my vehicle serviced by anyone other than myself, this makes me inherently paranoid of leaving my vehicle in the hands of an unfamiliar shop. Most recently, I was experiencing a recurring Check Engine Light in my 2000 BMW M5. Unfortunately I did not have the resources to diagnose this properly and brought my car to Wilmington Motor Works after some recommendations via some BMW Forums.

I cannot say enough good things about the professionalism and overall experience during my visit. From the initial phone call I was confident in my choice, the service writer listened intently to my situation and answered all questions to the best of his ability without rushing me off the phone.
When I arrived at the shop I had the opportunity to explain, more in depth than on the phone, the problem with my vehicle to the technician who would be working on my car. After 2 hours of diagnosis, which consisted of in depth systems monitoring during test drives to physically inspecting numerous components on the vehicle, the Service Writer approached me with verdict. Without getting too in depth, he did not hesitate to tell me that what they found and recommended from that point (a faulty MAF), was a good start but could not be guaranteed to fix the problem. He also told me that, because he knew I generally worked on my own vehicle, I should replace the faulty MAF sensor and go from there. This was of course accompanied by price quotes of both parts and labor. It should be mentioned as well, that he even offered to order the recommended parts for me to be able to install myself.

Included with the diagnosis, was a full run down and print out of what System Faults were found as well as a full vehicle inspection with pictures and explanations of what the Technician was observing. After all that I have mentioned, I ended up only paying about a third of what I expected too even after a full 1.5-2 hours of diagnosis.

In addition to the top notch diagnosis and beyond fair pricing; the staff was exceedingly pleasant to interact with. The technician made the effort to hear my situation first hand, as well as talking me through the steps he took to come to his conclusion. To top it all off, when I left I foolishly left my tablet on the table in the waiting room and was promptly called by the Service Writer to notify me that I had left it.

Bottom Line; I drove nearly an hour (from Jacksonville) to have my vehicle serviced at Wilmington Motor Works based totally from hear-say on the internet and it turned out to be the best decision I could have made. 100% enjoyable and painless! I would, and have recommended Wilmington Motor Works to anyone looking for a trustworthy independent shop that specializes in BMW's.

SV
STEVE V.
Goldsboro, NC
Porsche 911
04/06/2015
The people.
These guys always go the extra mile to make sure everything is right and their charges are very reasonable. Highly recommend!!

Craig B.
BMW 330Ci
04/01/2015
Best--again
As always, the WMW guys were the best. The check engine light was diagnosed and the repair was done. And our BMW is running well again.

BL
Never been disappointed 🚗🚗🚗

PM
PHIL M.
03/28/2015
The staff goes over and beyond expectation.
Tim always tries to help me understand the problem. Then we try to make a good decision based on need and budget.

CE
Cord E.
Mercedes-Benz GL450
03/28/2015
The professionalism and honesty of the staff at Motorworks.
As usual the guys always keep me informed of what needed to be serviced/repaired and what (if I decided) could wait. In my experience, that's not typical of most automotive repair places. In addition the prices are extremely fair and the staff explains in detail the repairs and costs for their recommendations. I would and have highly recommended Wilmington Motor Works to anyone in search of automotive repairs.

PM
Will continue to use you for MB E350 and MB S550. PM

DONNA R.
BMW Z4
03/25/2015
staff does their best to accomodate you
everyone is so polite, personable and eager to get your car repaired in a timely manner

TR
Teran R.
North Carolina
BMW 530i
03/24/2015 Category: Service
Teran said he has a good relationship with the owner Tim, and most of the employees there are really professional and very courteous. They do everything to make sure he is satisfied and get him back on the road. He has already recommended them to others. He is always satisfied with their service.

BJ
Bill J.
03/22/2015
Knowledge about my BMW X3
In my 6 visits to WMW, always have fixed the problem on the first visit. Dan and Chris take good care of my car and remind me of upcoming service.

LW
Larry W.
MINI Cooper
03/21/2015
Oil Change
I'm disappointed at the increase in price of an oil change, but I really appreciate the new email computerized system. Also, the personal attention is most impressive.

SI
Shantell I.
BMW 330i
03/21/2015 Category: Service
Shantell said they called her when the parts came in and they worked with her on the scheduling.

PW
Patricia W.
03/20/2015
Great service- fast

Kraig M.
Wrightsville Beach, NC
03/19/2015 Category: Service
Kraig said this business gave him excellent service and they were very personable. Dan is always helpful.

Shawn H.
BMW 525i
03/17/2015
Professionalism, and knowledge of the serviced product.
I am a first time BMW owner and as such, I don't believe I will ever own another type of vehicle. They are incredible! That being said, I knew I would need a company of exemplary calibre to perform any required maintenance and/or any potential service needs. I certainly found as such in Wilmington Motor Works! WMW is the quintessential example of a company that takes pride in providing excellent service based on their extensive knowledge of all makes/models of BMW. My new/used BMW was welcomed into the WMW family and I am certain when I upgrade to my next, it will be as well. Thank you Gentlemen...

Stephen S.
BMW 535is
03/17/2015 Category: Service
Stephen said the business is fantastic and they do good work.

ANTHONY B.
Riegelwood, NC
BMW 530i
03/13/2015
Customer Service and Knowledge!!! Great!!!
I'm always pleased with the all around service that the guys at WMW provide. They are very sharp on everything they do from explaining the issues that they see to fixing the issues and not putting pressure on you too get it done. Just explain how important it is to you and your car to have the issues taken care of. The rest is up to you! They make sure that all of their customers are taken care of answering all questions. I'm always confident when I leave knowing they've done the job right! I HIGHLY recommend WMW for all your car needs!

TL
Tommy L.
Mercedes-Benz E320
03/12/2015
superior service and knowledge !!!!!-
If you have a BMW or Mercedes then Wilmington Motor Works is the best place to take your care...Dan and Chris are the best!!!

he best