Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Bill S.
BMW 525i
06/18/2017
Great customer care!
Tim, the owner, heard my concerns loud and clear. He reached out to me personally And resolved all the issues with the car. Not all businesses are willing to accept feedback from their customers. Tim does. He runs a great business that is why I will continue to take our cars to Wilmington Motor Works

06/18/2017
I've never been this disappointed
It took all day for inspection and basic service. As a result, I didn't pick-up the car until the next morning. However, what is more disappointing is that a couple of days later, the coolant light came on. When I opened the hood and went to add antifreeze I found that the interior engine compartment had a considerable amount of leaves everywhere. (This car is garage keep.) I question whether the worked I paid for was even performed. If so, why wasn't the engine compartment vacuumed? In addition, my invoice says that all fluids were topped off. I would assume that means coolant. Having "maintenance" service performed is suppose to "prevent" issues.
Tim G. from Wilmington Motor Works responded on 06/28/2017

We are very sorry for the trouble we caused Mrs. Sharbaugh, after reaching out to her she was gracious enough to give us a second chance, at which time we were able to correct all of her concerns.

Tim George

MK
Mary K.
Nissan Murano
03/09/2017 Category: Service
Mary said business rectified her initial dissatisfaction with them. They gave her a refund for the inspection fee because they were unable to help her with that. They are honest and helpful.

03/09/2017 Category: Service
Mary said they were unable to read her vehicles computer to perform an inspection but she was still charged.
Tim G. from Wilmington Motor Works responded on 03/14/2017

Mary we are required by NC law to charge for any vehicle that fails inspection, sorry for any confusion and thank you for your patience.

Tim George

KZ
Kay Z.
Jacksonville, NC
09/20/2018
Took my mini down because the check engine like had come on. I had only has the car about 2
Months. I’m not one to drive with a service light on so I went toAuto zone and they did a diagnostic. P00012:timing chain, I called the zBmw place in Wilmington and they sent me to Wilmington Motor Works. Dry professional. I had asked around and their charges were spot on.
I’m thankful the took my extended warranty I had purchased, it’s a 2008 , USAA sells an awesome
Warranty. They paid for everything except the oil to put back in the car. The total job was 2000.00
Which was comparable to the first quote I got. This is my go to place for all my mini work

Becky H.
09/10/2018
My kind of place.
Polite. Courteous. Reliable. From beginning to end.

DA
Dr. Ada A.
09/10/2018
Great service all the way around.
Customer service was great. Hannah at the front is awesome. My vehicle was fixed in a timely manner and drives great. Thank you.

KV
Keryn V.
Leland, NC
Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
09/09/2018
Trunk Lock
Wilmington Motor Works did an outstanding job replacing my SUV trunk lock and the rear seat release lever. In fact, despite it being a holiday, being short-staffed that day and having a long list of cars to repair; they still got me in and out before lunch! Very impressive as always. And the best part is they really take time to get to know you and not just car. Their customer service is second to none! I’m grateful.

MT
Michael T.
09/06/2018
Long Distance Service
I live in Maryland and I have been bringing my 645CI for service and repairs to Wilmington Motor Work for over 7 years.....I drive 6 hours each way to get my car service because I trust their evaluation and their labor costs are reasonable ...

Julison A.
Nissan Versa
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Julison said the staff was friendly, timely, and explained the details well.

JE
Jan E.
Beulaville, NC
Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Jan said her vehicle had a mechanical issue after her service. The business owner loaned her his vehicle until service was complete. He provided great service.

Ken M.
08/30/2018
BMW
Great Customer Service.

AH
Anne H.
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
08/27/2018 Category: Service
Anne said that this business is just wonderful. The customer service was unbelievable. Hannah is simply a dream.

RA
Robert A.
Castle Hayne, NC
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Robert said the employees completed the work they said they would. They took care of his vehicle.

Richard R.
08/20/2018 Category: Service
Richard said the service at this business was good.

TW
Theo W.
08/20/2018 Category: Service
Theo said the business did pretty good work. Chris kept him involved with the work being done to his vehicle. He stated he feels Chris is about quality. How they treated their customers and their efforts to keep him involved in the decisions were pretty good.

Brian M.
Carolina Beach, NC
08/17/2018
Old school excellence
Professionals in every way. The work ethic and customer service is "old school" business. Remember when your dad took the car to only one mechanic anytime it needed work? That's Wilmington Motor Works.
I had them fix a power window that wouldn't go up on our 2005 mini cooper. From the time I dropped it off, to the consultation after they determined the cause, it was all clearly explained and understandable to this mechanically challenged person. No BS about the cost of the labor and replacement of the parts. I'd go on, but this is the clinic you want to take that car you love to drive.
Wilminton Motor Works: They earn their repeat customers and there is no higher praise than that.

JJ
Jeff J.
08/17/2018 Category: Service
Jeff said they do a good job.

WB
William B.
MINI Cooper Coupe
08/17/2018 Category: Service
William said the business delivered on time and they have good value.

TG
Tiffany G.
Sneads Ferry, NC
08/16/2018
Highly Recommend
We have taken our Mini in for both routine maintenance and repairs. We have always received excellent service

BC
Bob C.
08/14/2018 Category: Service
Bob said the service was done pretty well. The work was done on time. He has no problems with the service.

Aberdeen, NC
MINI Cooper Coupe
08/06/2018
car repairs
WMW was very helpful and courteous ! I was on a tight schedule and they worked me in, gave me a ride, and fixed my car within the time they said. They checked with me at each turn and made sure that I was happy with the service. I highly recommend them!