Carl S.
05/02/2020
Poor Customer Service
I called approximately a month prior to bringing car to this establishment. The young lady gave me a quote on services I requested. I called again and spoke to Tim about bringing my car in. I informed Tim of two issues I wanted him to look at. Tim texted to tell me he have found the problem to one of the issues. I asked him about the other issue and he stated it would be $200 to troubleshoot the issue. The young lady I spoke with informed me it would be an hour to trouble shoot and would charge for that hour. Next , they tell me the battery needs to be replaced and it would cost $192 to replace it. I informed him the battery is less than a year old , if it’s bad I need to return to the place I bought it. When I went to pick the car up, I asked the gentleman did they charge the battery, he sarcastically said they have a $1000 charger they used to charge the battery. I informed him I have a $20 charger and when I charged the battery, it held. I asked him to have the owner. Who he stated was Tim, to give me a call the next day. Tim never called. I took battery back to the shop I purchased it from, they charge the battery over night and stated there was nothing wrong with the battery.

Kenzie B.
North Carolina
04/19/2019 Category: Service
Kenzie said the staff was rude and unkind.

john r.
12/05/2018
not happy any more
did not test drive my car after work on it . I went to pick it up after hours becouse she said my car was good to go, well nope not good and I never got a call back to tell me what is wrong . she said she would ask the guy and call me back . I don't want a bunch of emails and text . call and tell me in words whats going on . from the first day I went thear I said pleas call me and don't email me . wish I went some wear else , no love from this very unhappy mini owner .
Tim G. from Wilmington Motor Works responded on 12/06/2018

One star review deserved, customer dropped off the vehicle and added a complaint about a vibration that we neglected to put on the repair order and it never was addressed. We are sorry for our mistake and will take steps to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Bill S.
BMW 525i
06/18/2017
Great customer care!
Tim, the owner, heard my concerns loud and clear. He reached out to me personally And resolved all the issues with the car. Not all businesses are willing to accept feedback from their customers. Tim does. He runs a great business that is why I will continue to take our cars to Wilmington Motor Works

06/18/2017
I've never been this disappointed
It took all day for inspection and basic service. As a result, I didn't pick-up the car until the next morning. However, what is more disappointing is that a couple of days later, the coolant light came on. When I opened the hood and went to add antifreeze I found that the interior engine compartment had a considerable amount of leaves everywhere. (This car is garage keep.) I question whether the worked I paid for was even performed. If so, why wasn't the engine compartment vacuumed? In addition, my invoice says that all fluids were topped off. I would assume that means coolant. Having "maintenance" service performed is suppose to "prevent" issues.
Tim G. from Wilmington Motor Works responded on 06/28/2017

We are very sorry for the trouble we caused Mrs. Sharbaugh, after reaching out to her she was gracious enough to give us a second chance, at which time we were able to correct all of her concerns.

Andrew B.
North Carolina
08/17/2015 Category: Service
Andrew said this business did not diagnose his vehicle properly before he purchased it when they told him they did and it cost him $600. He will never recommend this business to anyone. They are not good and they sucked money out of his wallet.

KP
Kelly P.
Southport, NC
07/03/2015
Added the wrong Fluid
Was asked to do an oil change with our oil. In addition they added Peak brand windshield fluid which now I have to drain the entire system to rid it of this foreign material. We only use genuine BMW parts or BMW approved parts. Peak brand is far from that.
Tim G. from Wilmington Motor Works responded on 07/06/2015

Kelly, I apologize we did not meet your expectations.  Please let us know how we can make this right for you.

Barbara B.
06/30/2020
Fabulous people!!!
The team at WMW is outstanding. Their primary goal is to satisfy the customer! Simple but powerful mission statement!

Judy P.
Rocky Point, NC
Mercedes-Benz E300
08/01/2016
Disappointed in Service!
I'm disappointed because I had my car in for an oil filter change and that didn't happen. A month later my oil light came on and my oil was 2 1/2 quarts low. I was furious because I paid for that service and someone decided to not do it and charge me anyway. I don't know if it was intentional or just over look by err. Prior to this event, I had all my trust in Wilmington Motor Works but I'm afraid you will have to earn my trust all over again.
Tim G. from Wilmington Motor Works responded on 08/19/2016

Hi Judy, Im glad we were able to speak and get back on the same page.  Will be happy to help with the Mercedes in the future!

Dan Vinson

Janet W.
04/14/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Glenn. He said this business was very expensive.

MA
Mahmoub A.
Whiteville, NC
BMW 335xi
11/30/2015 Category: Service
Mahmoub said this business was not able to fixed his vehicle for the first time. He took his vehicle there and the problem came back so he took it back and the employees at this business said it was something else.

WJ
Wayne J.
BMW 750Li
11/05/2015
its Okay.I didnt get what I want..You get what you pay for.
To high

Mercedes-Benz C-Class
01/14/2019
Review
Service was thorough, but took longer than expected.

MT
Michael T.
09/19/2017
A little disappointed
I usually get top service when I get service at Wilmington Motor Works but this visit was very disappointing because my fluids were not topped off as indicated on my bill...I have recommended this business to friends in the past but now I am not sure...

Steve S.
04/18/2017 Category: Service
Steve said their price was too high.

SJ
Sam J.
BMW 528i
03/23/2017 Category: Service
Sam said everyone was very nice and the mechanic is phenomenal at the business. They were having a problem with another customer and he went outside because it made him uncomfortable.