CE
CHRIS E.
08/28/2019
F350 Transmission
I think that coming to the conclusion of my truck needing an entire transmission without so much as getting a multimeter out and checking the resistance on temperature/speed sensors is a bit hasty and further indicates an unwillingness to do some real troubleshooting in lieu of throwing parts and money at it. This sounds like a lack of true craftsmanship. I will take the time to do it myself.
Ryan W. from Winters Automotive & Transmission responded on 08/29/2019

Chris,

Thank you for sharing your concerns.  I assure you our test was done using the proper equipment.  We utilize the Ford Ids system (the same scanner used by ford), along with scanners used by all the "big3". All of the key indicators such as the temp sensor were were watched during testing.  Had somthing led us to do a manual pinpoint test,  we would have done it.  Since we did not charge you for the diagnostics, performing one such test would have incurred an unnecessary diagnostic fee.

I wish it could have been an easier fix, as that would have been a sellable outcome, and we both would be happier.

Wish you well
Ryan

KYLE S.
07/18/2019
100% markup in the price of parts
I was very displeased when I found out the retail price for a ball joint from Napa where my parts were ordered was $51.00 and I was charged $98.00. That’s nearly a 100% markup. I was pleased when I brought this to their attention I was refunded $50.00 of the $100.00 markup. However, if this is how business is done here I will go elsewhere.

TH
TAYLOR H.
05/21/2019
I think they are scamming me
Trying to charge me 600 for a bearing replacement. Part at AutoZone is $150...they knew I was in a rush so charged more. and said if I can wait a few days the could do it for $450
Ryan W. from Winters Automotive & Transmission responded on 05/24/2019

Taylor thank you for sharing your concerns.  We do not buy our parts from AutoZone.  We must use a supplier that backs our 3yr 36000 mile nationwide warranty.  Unfortunately the parts they had in stock that we could get done that day came in a kit with other parts.  The other kit was two days out.

BT
Ben T.
Ottawa, KS
05/19/2015 Category: Service
Ben said he thought the service was pretty good in the beginning, but the transmission burned up after just 100 miles. It was shot. He would not recommend them to others because of his experience.
Ryan W. from Winters Automotive & Transmission responded on 05/21/2015

Ben I am sorry to hear about this.  We do stand behind our work.  If you give us a call, I'm sure we can get it taken care of.