BP
Edgerton, KS
Dodge Avenger
09/27/2019
Brake sound
Found my problem and fixed it

CE
CHRIS E.
08/28/2019
F350 Transmission
I think that coming to the conclusion of my truck needing an entire transmission without so much as getting a multimeter out and checking the resistance on temperature/speed sensors is a bit hasty and further indicates an unwillingness to do some real troubleshooting in lieu of throwing parts and money at it. This sounds like a lack of true craftsmanship. I will take the time to do it myself.
Ryan W. from Winters Automotive & Transmission responded on 08/29/2019

Chris,

Thank you for sharing your concerns.  I assure you our test was done using the proper equipment.  We utilize the Ford Ids system (the same scanner used by ford), along with scanners used by all the "big3". All of the key indicators such as the temp sensor were were watched during testing.  Had somthing led us to do a manual pinpoint test,  we would have done it.  Since we did not charge you for the diagnostics, performing one such test would have incurred an unnecessary diagnostic fee.

I wish it could have been an easier fix, as that would have been a sellable outcome, and we both would be happier.

Wish you well
Ryan

KYLE S.
07/18/2019
100% markup in the price of parts
I was very displeased when I found out the retail price for a ball joint from Napa where my parts were ordered was $51.00 and I was charged $98.00. That’s nearly a 100% markup. I was pleased when I brought this to their attention I was refunded $50.00 of the $100.00 markup. However, if this is how business is done here I will go elsewhere.

JERRY B.
Ford Econoline Cargo Van
07/13/2019
Six week wait
Lost keys waited six weeks for a fuel pump

JAMES R.
GMC Pickup
07/10/2019
returning customer
service was great..you think give me alittle discount since returning customer..nope full bore price disappointed there

MARY ANNE D.
07/09/2019
Fantastic
Everything was wonderful. Efficient and reasonable.

TH
TAYLOR H.
05/21/2019
I think they are scamming me
Trying to charge me 600 for a bearing replacement. Part at AutoZone is $150...they knew I was in a rush so charged more. and said if I can wait a few days the could do it for $450
Ryan W. from Winters Automotive & Transmission responded on 05/24/2019

Taylor thank you for sharing your concerns.  We do not buy our parts from AutoZone.  We must use a supplier that backs our 3yr 36000 mile nationwide warranty.  Unfortunately the parts they had in stock that we could get done that day came in a kit with other parts.  The other kit was two days out.

Chevrolet Suburban
02/21/2019
Charges
I wanted to give them a shot because they are local and both Ryan and Levi seem like good guys. My disappointment was in the charges for just looking at the transmission.
I was billed $300 to tell me it's bad. Hard to trust based on that seems like it's about the money more than helping customers and in a small town that can end your business. I get it that they are in business to make money but customers will come when trust is the word on the street.
Ryan W. from Winters Automotive & Transmission responded on 02/22/2019

Hi Jon.  Th initial inspection led us to believe the solenoids in your trans were bad.  So we told you we were going to have to remove the pan to get to the solenoids to inspect and test them.  After removing the pan we  a large amount of metal and brass in the fluid and pan indicating an eminent transmission failure.  That metal is what destroyed the solenoids.  The charges reflect the fluid, gaskets and labor for that job.

NC
NATALIA C.
Ford Windstar
06/16/2016
Job done well, blindsided by cost
I have mixed feelings with our recent experience at Winters. On one hand, the mechanics were able to work our van in for an AC check. They were able to do the work needed, too. On the other hand, we were blindsided by the cost of repairs. Perhaps this is normal practice to simply do the work then just have customers pay the cost---but it is hard when that cost is the first time EVER having that service done. We simply had zero experience to gauge from for the needed work. We could have evaluated our budget vs the situation to determine whether we were able to go forth with the repair.
Ryan W. from Winters Automotive & Transmission responded on 06/17/2016

Thank you for the response.  We value your feedback.  I hope after our conversation everthing is settled, if not please call me. You have been a great customer and we want you to be happy.  We look forward to seeing you in the future.

BT
Ben T.
Ottawa, KS
05/19/2015 Category: Service
Ben said he thought the service was pretty good in the beginning, but the transmission burned up after just 100 miles. It was shot. He would not recommend them to others because of his experience.
Ryan W. from Winters Automotive & Transmission responded on 05/21/2015

Ben I am sorry to hear about this.  We do stand behind our work.  If you give us a call, I'm sure we can get it taken care of.

James S.
Hyundai Excel
09/10/2013 Category: Service
James said his vehicle is still in the same condition as when he brought it in and he had to pay $83 for the service. He brought his vehicle in before and they did not fix it to his satisfaction that time either. For these reasons, he won't recommend this business.

CRAIG S.
09/28/2020
Making it right
After bringing my car in a second time b/c it was still not running quite right, they took the time to go over it with a fine toothed comb. Now it runs great!

RK
Rich K.
Spring Hill, KS
09/26/2020 Category: Service
Rich said the business has quality work.

WH
William H.
Chevrolet Pickup
09/23/2020 Category: Service
William said he would recommend the business.

WS
WENDY S.
Honda Fit
09/21/2020
Quality Auto Care
Always courteous, informative, and fairly priced!