Damon C.
08/05/2020
Car came back in worse condition than when I dropped it off. Company denied responsibility.
I took my car in for some general maintenance work and picked it up again at the end of the day. When I got home, I opened the hood to check on the new battery and the hood fell straight back down again. For context, I had been using a trickle charger in recent times because I wasn't driving much during the pandemic. So I was very familiar with how well my car hood's struts were working and they were just fine when I unhooked the trickle charger, closed my car hood, and brought the car in to the shop. When I called to ask if they knew what had happened, they told me that they used their own prop to keep the hood up while it was there, that the car is old and struts don't last that long, and that there's no possible way that they could have damaged them. Unfortunately, unless there are hood strut vandals in the neighborhood or the slow 2-mile drive from my house had some amazing potholes I didn't notice, the only possibility is that they did damage the car and weren't humble enough to even consider that option (you could hear the frustration in the guy's voice that I would even imply something so ludicrous). I was excited to go to these guys because I had heard good things from a couple neighbors, but I'm afraid I can't recommend a company where my car comes back in worse condition than when I dropped it off and the company blames me for it.
Angela L. from Beneficial Automotive responded on 08/05/2020

It is always disappointing to us when a customer is not fully satisfied with the services we provide.  As we tried to explain on the phone, hood struts are a gas charged item and 19 years of use and the weather fluctuations can affect these items.  It is an exceptionally cool morning after a very warm day when your vehicle was in our shop.  Our technicians routinely use there own hood props when needed.  It sounds like the services provided met your satisfaction and we are happy the work you brought your vehicle in for was able to be completed.  It is unfortuanate that the hood strut not working overshadowed your overall experience.  Hopefully, you can find auto repair elsewhere more to your satisfaction in the future.

Beneficial Automotive
405-703-1104

Darryl W.
01/09/2019
Leak not fixed
I took my car in to have an oil leak fixed. Sadly, after an expensive repair costing hundreds of dollars, the car is still leaking oil. Now I don't have the money to take it elsewhere for repair. I have been pleased with them in the past but this was a fail. It just seems to me that the problem was not properly diagnosed. I have taken vehicles in the past to them and left satisfied with their work but not this time. I am disappointed and disheartened.
Angela L. from Beneficial Automotive responded on 01/10/2019

We are sorry to hear you are still having issues with your vehicle.  We would have appreciated the oppertunity to re evaluate the vehicle to see if we could help you out again.  If you remember when this repair was bid to you, we did advise you of the large amounts oil everywhere and the need to have a starting place for repairs without just replacing everything the first time if it wasn't necessary.  It is also possible there is just some additional cleaning under vehicle that needs to be done.
Again, we are sorry you were unsatisfied and hope in the future you can find someone who can get you taken care of.

Joshua C.
07/30/2018
Very dishonest!!!! Don't use!!!
Shop charged me $1600 for transfer case and drive shaft on my Jeep. One week later I broke down in between OKC and Tulsa on the turnpike. I had it towed to new shop in OKC and they said the transmission was bad and the transfer case that was put in had a bad fork inside it. I called Beneficial and said since I had someone else look at it they wouldn't uphold there warranty. They than proceeded to call the salvage yard that they received the transfer case from and told them not to honor the warranty since I had someone else look at it. They also told me they were done and not to call the shop anymore. So they put a bad part in my Jeep, wouldn't honor the warranty, and than tried to say it was void since someone else touched it. Its like getting a 2nd opinion on a medical problem and than saying you aren't responsible for doing a bad operation. These guys are crooks.
Angela L. from Beneficial Automotive responded on 07/30/2018

Thank you for posting your review of our services.  We do distinctly remember you phoning the shop multiple times after your vehicle broke down and you chose to have your vehicle towed elsewhere.  We did explain multiple times (and it is on the invoice) that any warranty work must be performed at our location.  Also, if you remember, we offered to pay the tow bill to our shop so we could take care of any warranty, if it was a problem with the same item.  Now it has been another week and we still haven't seen your vehicle.  You were informed that we were installing a used transfer case but it did have a warranty for 90 days, IN OUR SHOP.  This is how the vendor chooses to honor that policy.  If they chose not to allow someone else to follow through on any warranty that is the vendors choice.
We are sorry things turned out this way, but it is very difficult to diagnose and warranty any work when the vehicle was never returned to our shop.  All our work does come with a warranty and we do stand behind our work but some of that has to be in cooperation with the customer as well.  Hopefully, you will find someone who can help you with your auto needs in the future.

TD
Terril D.
09/25/2017
They don't work on anything older than a 1994.
I don't understand how do you consider yourself to be a automotive shop that has limitations to what you work on. It's a 1989 Chevrolet the year should be irrelevant. It's a beautiful car in mint condition all I needed was the fuel pump replaced and they recommended me to someone else.So I would recommend that this is information that should add to their website.Would like to say thanks! for the experience and have a blessed day
Angela L. from Beneficial Automotive responded on 09/25/2017

I am sorry that we were unable to help you with your car issues.  In the times we are in today there is a big difference in newer vehicles than in older models.
Our technicians are trained and skilled at meeting the needs of the newer vehicles.
Because of the skill set of our technicians, this is why we felt like you were better off at another automotive shop to meet your needs.
I am sure you can agree that just due the fact our technicians were not able to meet your needs this time is in no way reflective of a 1 star review when you were not able to experience our top notch service.  However, we would be happy to exceed your expectations should a need arise with a vehicle built within the last 20 years.

TC
Teresa C.
Norman, OK
Chevrolet Sonic
01/17/2017
engine and tire symbol
I took my car in and was out shortly. They took care of the problems and recommended for me to get new tires, so I went to the place where they suggested and bought 2 new tires which 2 more will be bought shortly. Thanks again Beneficial for making me comfortable with my car's condition...I so appreciate the professionalism and honesty..Theresa

Tyler S.
Buick Enclave
09/22/2016
Diagnosed vehicle, but would not put diagnostic cost toward repairs
I took in my car to get new brakes and have it checked out. They informed me of several issues with the car. I took a couple day to make a decision on repairs. When I decided to get most of them fixed, they informed me in a not so friendly manner that they would not put the cost of diagnosing the repairs toward the repairs cost. So I took my business elsewhere.
Angela L. from Beneficial Automotive responded on 09/22/2016

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with our services.  We did provide you an extensive diagnosis of problems with your vehicle and then gave you the extra time to decide on what you wanted to do.  However, it was your decision to not have repairs done and you discussed selling the vehicle. Therefore, there were no repairs to "put the cost of diagnosis toward".
Every customer is informed prior to leaving the vehicle that there is a diagnosis fee for the technicians time and effort, if repairs are not made while the vehicle is in our shop.
We hope in the future you can find a repair facility that meets your needs.

Sara H.
05/29/2020
Great care just felt unheard
I always share with people the level of care and service you get at Benificial Automotive. They are some of the nicest people which makes it hard for me to be disappointed in the service we received this last visit. I felt like I wasn't listen to when I told them the issue for my car. I brought it in twice (they did fix a mistake they made which I appreciated) but my main concern for bringing it in was overlooked and was told everything works fine. I was also told if I had the issue again to bring it in when it was happening. I tried to explain several times what was going on with my car and I felt like I was mostly being ignored. My car started acting up not 20 min after I left and has continued to have this issue almost daily which makes it hard for me to believe that it ran all day in the heat and the mechanic couldn't see what I was telling them. I would love to continue business with them but its hard to know if when I need to take it in will I be listened to this time.

PT
Patrick T.
Ford Police Interceptor
07/14/2019
My visit.
I am seldom 100% satisfied anywhere. I have had my own business for 40 years and understand how hard it is to get really good help and outside vendors. I wanted to get my old truck washed but with exposed wire loom in rear door decided not to; the gear selector is not aligned properly either which is not a big problem but could be for someone not normally a driver.

Ford Police Interceptor
05/22/2020
Repeat Customer
Local company, fair pricing, great customer service and ready quickly.

Jerry A.
Mazda Protege
03/12/2020
2001 Mazda AC switch
Once you all got the problem pinpointed (second switch was defective) everything seems to be in good shape.

Robert C.
Ford Edge
03/03/2020
Ford Edge
Professional Service

02/26/2020
Professional friendly attitudes; high level efficiency in estimates, call-backs and completion of automotive repairs.

Charles S.
Tecumseh, OK
Ford Expedition EL
06/27/2019
Clean, fast service, nice folks, honest.
I know one of the mechanics(Joe) and trust him. He’s good people.

My vehicle was diagnosed very quickly, had transmission issues, was serviced and repaired in a very timely manner.

I only gave 4 stars because I just got home. And need to make sure the problem has really gone away...so far so good.

The shop is very clean, the staff helpful and prompt. I will 100% be a return customer and absolutely will recommend Beneficial to other friends and family.

Thanks guys.

Steve C.
Dodge Durango
04/17/2019
Expertise
Fast service.

02/26/2019
Employees friendly and helpful
Very clean business. Staff we’re very professional.