4.6

Amanda J.
Millbrook, AL
10/22/2020
DO NOT RECOMMEND
I took my 2020 Santa Fe into Capitol Hyundai on 09/25/2020 due to the seal and trim peeling off my back window. The service manager, Scott, was quick to come out and take a look and said he would get it ordered and it should be in by the end of the following week. Scott stated if I did not hear from him by then to give him a call.
10/09 - I called both numbers listed on his business card (work and cell) to follow-up but could not get an answer.
10/10 - I tried again and spoke with a lady in the service dept. who stated the Scott was not in so she could not help me. She never asked for any information or tried to help, she just suggested I call back the following Monday.
10/12 - I called back that Monday and once again did not receive an answer, but was able to leave a message.
10/15 - I called for a 4th time and of course did not receive an answer with Scott so I called back and asked to speak with the General Manager. The General Manager, Michael, did not answer so a message was left for him as well.
10/20 - As of today, I had not heard back from either Scott or Michael regarding the matter. I went by Capitol Hyundai to inquire and was able to meet with Scott who checked on the part and informed me the part had been sent back. Not once did anyone try to make it right or offer any answer as to why my calls were never returned.

This is my second Hyundai. Both Santa Fe's I have owned have been wonderful cars and I have truly loved them. To answer how Capitol Hyundai could improve, for starters, they could treat their customers like loyal customers and make customer service a top priority. I fully understand things happen and people get busy and may forget, but after several messages, I should not continue to be ignored.

Edited to add: on 10/22/2020 I contacted Eastern Shore Hyundai to inquire about ordering the part and scheduling and appointment to have it replaced. I quickly received excellent service. The service manager at Eastern Shore Hyundai contacted Scott, the service manager at Capitol Hyundai, to inquire on the exact part needed He was informed by Scott that the part was sent back by Capitol Hyundai due to them “not being able to get me on the phone to make an appointment”. This is not at all true, as Capitol Hyundai did not make a single attempt to contact me when the part was in, even after multiple messages. Poor customer service is one thing, but flat out lying about a customer is another level in my book.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/23/2020

Dear customer, I fully understand your frustration with this situation. i want to apologize for any mis-understanding that has taken place on this issue. i went back and searched my missed calls in my cell phone. I saw where you had tried to reach me and i missed two calls from you.

I hope Eastern Shore Hyundai can deliver the customer service you are looking for.

Sincerely,

10/19/2020 Category: Service
Service advisor is something wrong
They don’t want to work for service even if they are service advisor
Laverne H. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/20/2020

Thank You!

This is Laverne Hooper Customer Service Specialist at Capitol Hyundai, just wanted to Thank you for filling out the Survey on our Service Department!  We really appreciate our customers and want to hear from them!  We here at Capitol Hyundai strive to make our customers happy, and to have a great experience! I see we did not do that this time and I would like to apologize to you.  If at any time you have any questions or need any assistance please give me a call at 334-279-6555 Dealership, 334-551-1387 direct line  or email me at laverne.hooper@capitolimports.com.

Rick B.
2020 Hyundai Sonata
good service
Good service and done in same day !
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/21/2020

Dear valued customer, thank you for choosing Capitol Hyundai for your service needs. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful experience and to exceed your expectations. As a valued customer, we look forward to providing all your service needs.

RP
Richard P.
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
Dealership needs an overhaul
We came in for scheduled maintenance and to get a couple of problems checked out with the engine. Of course, they found no issue and couldn’t duplicate it but also didn’t drive the vehicle. Our new Santa Fe has a problem where it feels like it’s misfiring or jerking when cruising at low speeds, it’s loud upon acceleration, and rattles terribly during startup every morning. My wife attempted to show a video of the noise but they didn’t want to see it. They also didn’t offer to keep it overnight to hear the noise, nor did they drive the vehicle to listen to the acceleration and feel it jerking.
LH
Laverne H. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/21/2020

Thank You!

This is Laverne Hooper Customer Service Specialist at Capitol Hyundai, just wanted to Thank you for filling out the Survey on our Service Department!  We really appreciate our customers and want to hear from them!  We here at Capitol Hyundai strive to make our customers happy, and to have a great experience! I see that was not the case for you this time and I would like to apologize for that, I have spoke with our Service Manager and he will be looking at your vehicle as soon as your wife is able to bring it back.  Once again this is not how we want our customers to be treated.  If at any time you have any questions or need any assistance please give me a call at 334-279-6555 Dealership, 334-551-1387 direct line  or email me at laverne.hooper@capitolimports.com.

Sean H.
Selma, AL
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/18/2020 Category: Service
Unacceptable
I had a 930 am appointment for a routine oil change and waiting 3 hrs. During my wait, a young lady that came in an hour after I did got her car serviced and left all because of one service associate whom gave her special treatment and attention.
LH
Laverne H. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/20/2020

Thank You!

This is Laverne Hooper Customer Service Specialist at Capitol Hyundai, just wanted to Thank you for filling out the Survey on our Service Department!  We really appreciate our customers and want to hear from them!  We here at Capitol Hyundai strive to make our customers happy, and to have a great experience! I see from your survey that we fell short on giving you great service, and I would like to apologize for your experience! The next time you are here if your wait seens a little to long please ask for me and I will check on it for you.  If at any time you have any questions or need any assistance please give me a call at 334-279-6555 Dealership, 334-551-1387 direct line  or email me at laverne.hooper@capitolimports.com.

2019 Hyundai Tucson
10/11/2020 Category: Service
Great service! Went in for a routine oil change, on a super busy Tuesday, I forgot my wallet in the armrest of my vehicle that we had just dropped off! Went back for it and a Hyundai personal retrieved it for me immediately!

SF
Sandra F.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/11/2020 Category: Service
Overall service
Prompt service. Started inspection soon after my arrival. Work finished in a reasonable time frame. Overall well pleased with checking in and departing with a feeling of great service and satisfaction of service performed.

VN
Virginia N.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/10/2020 Category: Service
Very quick service!!!
Quick service an professional service team.

Sontachai S.

Lynda T.
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/07/2020 Category: Service
Acceptable service
I gave comments at beginning.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/08/2020

We would like to thank you for choosing Capitol Hyundai for you service needs. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful experience and to exceed your expectations. It seems we did not meet your expectations during your recent service visit to earn the five-star rating. We will strive to do a better job. As a valued customer, we look forward to providing all your service needs.

If you have any questions, comments, or need to set an appointment, please contact me or my service team.

Scott A. Schodorf

SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/08/2020

2019 Hyundai Tucson
10/05/2020 Category: Service
Wait is too long
The wait is too long when you have an appointment. It makes appointments pointless. Also our tire rotation may or may not have been completed since it was not on our ticket. My service notification was not cleared. Oh, did I mention the lady called about my experience and I told her about it. Said she would send me a free oil change and that has yet to happen over a month later as I just recieved the email to complete this review.
Laverne H. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/06/2020

I am so sorry for your experience, we dropped the ball big time on this!  It was a pleasure speaking with you and I want you to know you are a valued customer.  If you need anything in the future please contact me at 334-551-1387 or email me at laverne.hooper@capitolimports.com

Thanks

Hope Hull, AL
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/01/2020 Category: Service
Oil change and maintenance
My recent visit to Hyundai was exceptional. The employees were professional and the customer care was incredible. I highly recommend them to others.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 10/03/2020

Dear valued customer, I would like to personally thank you for giving my service team a 5-star review. We at Capitol Hyundai strive to provide a pleasant and timely service visit. Please feel free to call and set a check in time for all your service needs.

2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/15/2020 Category: Service
Needs some work
The servitude is to long. In @1300 and out @1607.
SCOTT S. from Capitol Hyundai Montgomery responded on 09/16/2020

Dear customer, we want to apologize for the extended time we took to service your vehicle. We did not set expectations of when your service would be complete.