Acura RDX
01/18/2021
Tire
Nice people, fix my flat it was flat within two days again

Hartford, CT
01/12/2021
Trash !!!
Beat around too much .. car not ready for pick up .. wasn’t clean , made promises and didn’t lead up to them until 3-4 weeks later..

09/09/2020
Unhappy customer
So I have been doing business with this place when it was R&N tire. It’s been at least 25 years or more now. Today was the last day. I had a nail in the tire and they said there was not a long wait as there wasn’t any other vehicles there for tire work.the previous time they checked tire pressures on another vehicle that I brought there and they never put the valve caps back on. Today was the nail in the coffin. I will be taking my business to RT. 10 tire in Granby. They don’t charge for flat repairs or tire rotations.
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 09/10/2020

I am sorry you had a bad experience, I do not understand what the complaint is about.. We do not charge for tire rotations when you buy the tires from us. If the complaint was because of the wait was longer than you exspected i am sorry. We do have a full automotive service shop that is very busy we do not do all the tire work in front of the building, Sometimes at the service shop.

TG
Trav G.
Winsted, CT
11/01/2017
Illegal service
Bought a car they worked on, did a carfax to find out they put in a new cluster with mileage 100,000 miles less than what was on the vehicle. This is an illegal practice by a licensed repair facility. They will be contacted legally very soon.

MARCIA R.
Avon, CT
Chevrolet Cavalier
09/23/2020
Not happy this time
Took too long to diagnose car this time. I was told for 2 days that tow-ins come last in line.
very costly for me to use taxi cabs for 1 week
NM
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 09/23/2020

We are sorry it took so long to have the vehicle repaired, We were extremly busy that week. We do provide loaner cars free of charge.

Thanks -Nate
President / Owner

Sam C.
TARIFFVILLE, CT
Lexus ES 350
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Sam said she was unhappy with this business. Her vehicle had damage and when she got home it still had the same damage. She showed them exactly what she wanted done and was charged for something that never got fixed.

JACK S.
Ram 1500
12/23/2017
2015 Ram 1500
I'd like to know how you adjusted the rear camber and toe on a solid axle vehicle that is not adjustable. Your report says it was adjusted. Also, I would hope you would shoot for the middle of the acceptable range on the front adjustments. The caster and toe are right at the limits after you adjusted them.
The Team At Checkered F., Checkered Flag Auto Repair from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 12/23/2017

we never adjusted the rear axle it is solid.we adjusted the front axle to spec the alignment system gave us

Matthew W.
Chevrolet Lumina
10/24/2017 Category: Service
Matthew said he had a lack of communication in his service. He called the receptionist before hand to tell her that his vehicle was being dropped off and that he wanted two tires done. When he called again no one had any idea where his vehicle was. It had been towed and it was still in the service bay. The staff didn't know which vehicle was his because it hadn't been relayed from the receptionist.

JOSH M.
Simsbury, CT
Jaguar X-TYPE
02/11/2021
Nice people, but repetitive services/fixes
I dropped my car off with the check engine light on, and a leaky radiator which could’ve been from a number of issues. I added that my light is out & my hood won’t close. After 2 1/2 weeks, they went from $2000 in fixes to $5000 in 3 days. When I finally got the car back, the engine light came on within 5 mins and it overheated, the light wasn’t even fixed (well they put it in wrong). Bottom line, its back in the shop 🙄

AF
Was charged 880 and supplied $140 in parts
Was taken advantage of
Won’t use them again
NM
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 08/06/2020

I am sorry that you feel the pricing was way to exspencive for what was done. We replaced ALL the brakes on the vehicle. You supplied ONLY front brake pads. We had to replace the wheel cylinders that were leaking and the shoes and drums on both sides. We did not chare any extra labor to cut the drums off which took us a hour extra to do.
I dont understand how You were taken advantage of when you approved the work. We are always been very fair to all our custmers.
Thanks, Nate
President/CEO

RICHARD R.
North Granby, CT
Ford Thunderbird
05/22/2020
A little effort & it could have been a 4 star stop
Price & work seemed OK and scheduling the work to be done was Great, just missed another star for not resetting dash light saying Oil Change needed. Not a big thing but it required me to dig out the books and look up what to do. All in all you did a good job & I will return.
Thanks, Richard Roy
NM
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 06/12/2020

Richard we are happy to hear that our pricing and work was great. Sorry to hear that we forgot to reset your dash light. We have addressed this issue with the staff and look forward to our future encounters.

Joe M.
East Granby, CT
Nissan Sentra
11/04/2016 Category: Service
Joe said sometimes the business is good, but sometimes the problem resurfaces.

BF
BRIAN F.
Simsbury, CT
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
06/18/2016
Unsure
Service was good. Only point was I have never been charged diagnostic charges if the problem was corrected and paid for. I could understand if the vehicle was brought in just to diagnose and not had the repairs done.

Morgan C.
BMW 325xi
05/25/2016 Category: Service
Morgan said the business was nice but the business didn't fix her vehicle correctly.

Christopher W.
Dodge Neon
06/16/2014 Category: Service
Christopher said that the leak was fixed. He said that Nate sought him out when he heard there was a leak, and told him to bring it in so the business could fix it. Which he did, and from what he can tell it is fixed.

06/05/2014 Category: Service
Christopher said this business did a good job fixing the belt but he noticed a leak that was not there before the repair. Now he has to worry about fixing the leak.
The Team At Checkered F., Checkered Flag Auto Repair from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 06/11/2014

Thank you for letting us find the leak,We found the leak from the power steering pump.The old belt that was torn pieces from the belt lodged it self into the power steering pump seal after replaceing the pump no more leaks!