JOSH M.
Simsbury, CT
Jaguar X-TYPE
02/11/2021
Nice people, but repetitive services/fixes
I dropped my car off with the check engine light on, and a leaky radiator which could’ve been from a number of issues. I added that my light is out & my hood won’t close. After 2 1/2 weeks, they went from $2000 in fixes to $5000 in 3 days. When I finally got the car back, the engine light came on within 5 mins and it overheated, the light wasn’t even fixed (well they put it in wrong). Bottom line, its back in the shop 🙄

Acura RDX
01/18/2021
Tire
Nice people, fix my flat it was flat within two days again

Hartford, CT
01/12/2021
Trash !!!
Beat around too much .. car not ready for pick up .. wasn’t clean , made promises and didn’t lead up to them until 3-4 weeks later..

MARCIA R.
Avon, CT
Chevrolet Cavalier
09/23/2020
Not happy this time
Took too long to diagnose car this time. I was told for 2 days that tow-ins come last in line.
very costly for me to use taxi cabs for 1 week
NM
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 09/23/2020

We are sorry it took so long to have the vehicle repaired, We were extremly busy that week. We do provide loaner cars free of charge.

Thanks -Nate
President / Owner

Checkered Flag Auto Center Team

09/09/2020
Unhappy customer
So I have been doing business with this place when it was R&N tire. It’s been at least 25 years or more now. Today was the last day. I had a nail in the tire and they said there was not a long wait as there wasn’t any other vehicles there for tire work.the previous time they checked tire pressures on another vehicle that I brought there and they never put the valve caps back on. Today was the nail in the coffin. I will be taking my business to RT. 10 tire in Granby. They don’t charge for flat repairs or tire rotations.
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 09/10/2020

I am sorry you had a bad experience, I do not understand what the complaint is about.. We do not charge for tire rotations when you buy the tires from us. If the complaint was because of the wait was longer than you exspected i am sorry. We do have a full automotive service shop that is very busy we do not do all the tire work in front of the building, Sometimes at the service shop.

Checkered Flag Auto Center Team

Was charged 880 and supplied $140 in parts
Was taken advantage of
Won’t use them again
NM
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 08/06/2020

I am sorry that you feel the pricing was way to exspencive for what was done. We replaced ALL the brakes on the vehicle. You supplied ONLY front brake pads. We had to replace the wheel cylinders that were leaking and the shoes and drums on both sides. We did not chare any extra labor to cut the drums off which took us a hour extra to do.
I dont understand how You were taken advantage of when you approved the work. We are always been very fair to all our custmers.
Thanks, Nate
President/CEO

Sam C.
TARIFFVILLE, CT
Lexus ES 350
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Sam said she was unhappy with this business. Her vehicle had damage and when she got home it still had the same damage. She showed them exactly what she wanted done and was charged for something that never got fixed.

JACK S.
Ram 1500
12/23/2017
2015 Ram 1500
I'd like to know how you adjusted the rear camber and toe on a solid axle vehicle that is not adjustable. Your report says it was adjusted. Also, I would hope you would shoot for the middle of the acceptable range on the front adjustments. The caster and toe are right at the limits after you adjusted them.
The Team At Checkered F., Checkered Flag Auto Repair from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 12/23/2017

we never adjusted the rear axle it is solid.we adjusted the front axle to spec the alignment system gave us

TG
Trav G.
Winsted, CT
11/01/2017
Illegal service
Bought a car they worked on, did a carfax to find out they put in a new cluster with mileage 100,000 miles less than what was on the vehicle. This is an illegal practice by a licensed repair facility. They will be contacted legally very soon.

SL
STEPHANIE L.
Windsor Locks, CT
Nissan Maxima
03/01/2021
Customer service
They all go above and beyond for there customers!!! Will definitely recommend!

LOU M.
Ware, MA
Jeep Wrangler JK
02/26/2021
Easy to make an appointment and they check everything even for an oil change!! I will go there every time as I feel they do take the time to make sure I’m aware of any issues with my car.

V
Valued Customer
Simsbury, CT
Dodge Durango
02/25/2021
Easy and quick to deal with.
I stopped at Checkered Flag to ask if I could have someone check my tire for a slow leak. I was told it would be about 30 minutes. Twenty minutes later I was out the door. THANK YOU!

HR
HOLLY R.
Torrington, CT
02/24/2021
The People !!!!!!
I had a very awesome experience the personnel in that office were friendly super nice and very considerate I love my new car

02/23/2021
Another great experience at checkered flag. I will not take my car anywhere else.

MA
MARIBEL A.
West Roxbury, MA
Honda Civic Coupe
02/23/2021
Very Clean
I want to say everyone there were very nice outgoing and a special thanks to Sean with helping me with my tires, also the owner even took my car for a drive because I was hereing a strange noise did not find anything thats always a plus. They were all amazing. I will differently send others there with no problem. THANKS A BUNCH GUYS YOU ROCK....