Checkered Flag Auto Center

JOSH M.
Simsbury, CT
Jaguar X-TYPE
02/11/2021
Nice people, but repetitive services/fixes
I dropped my car off with the check engine light on, and a leaky radiator which could’ve been from a number of issues. I added that my light is out & my hood won’t close. After 2 1/2 weeks, they went from $2000 in fixes to $5000 in 3 days. When I finally got the car back, the engine light came on within 5 mins and it overheated, the light wasn’t even fixed (well they put it in wrong). Bottom line, its back in the shop 🙄

Acura RDX
01/18/2021
Tire
Nice people, fix my flat it was flat within two days again

Hartford, CT
01/12/2021
Trash !!!
Beat around too much .. car not ready for pick up .. wasn’t clean , made promises and didn’t lead up to them until 3-4 weeks later..

MARCIA R.
Avon, CT
Chevrolet Cavalier
09/23/2020
Not happy this time
Took too long to diagnose car this time. I was told for 2 days that tow-ins come last in line.
very costly for me to use taxi cabs for 1 week
NM
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 09/23/2020

We are sorry it took so long to have the vehicle repaired, We were extremly busy that week. We do provide loaner cars free of charge.

Thanks -Nate
President / Owner

Checkered Flag Auto Center Team

09/09/2020
Unhappy customer
So I have been doing business with this place when it was R&N tire. It’s been at least 25 years or more now. Today was the last day. I had a nail in the tire and they said there was not a long wait as there wasn’t any other vehicles there for tire work.the previous time they checked tire pressures on another vehicle that I brought there and they never put the valve caps back on. Today was the nail in the coffin. I will be taking my business to RT. 10 tire in Granby. They don’t charge for flat repairs or tire rotations.
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 09/10/2020

I am sorry you had a bad experience, I do not understand what the complaint is about.. We do not charge for tire rotations when you buy the tires from us. If the complaint was because of the wait was longer than you exspected i am sorry. We do have a full automotive service shop that is very busy we do not do all the tire work in front of the building, Sometimes at the service shop.

Checkered Flag Auto Center Team

Was charged 880 and supplied $140 in parts
Was taken advantage of
Won’t use them again
NM
Nathan M., President/CEO from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 08/06/2020

I am sorry that you feel the pricing was way to exspencive for what was done. We replaced ALL the brakes on the vehicle. You supplied ONLY front brake pads. We had to replace the wheel cylinders that were leaking and the shoes and drums on both sides. We did not chare any extra labor to cut the drums off which took us a hour extra to do.
I dont understand how You were taken advantage of when you approved the work. We are always been very fair to all our custmers.
Thanks, Nate
President/CEO

Sam C.
TARIFFVILLE, CT
Lexus ES 350
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Sam said she was unhappy with this business. Her vehicle had damage and when she got home it still had the same damage. She showed them exactly what she wanted done and was charged for something that never got fixed.

JACK S.
Ram 1500
12/23/2017
2015 Ram 1500
I'd like to know how you adjusted the rear camber and toe on a solid axle vehicle that is not adjustable. Your report says it was adjusted. Also, I would hope you would shoot for the middle of the acceptable range on the front adjustments. The caster and toe are right at the limits after you adjusted them.
The Team At Checkered F., Checkered Flag Auto Repair from Checkered Flag Auto Center responded on 12/23/2017

we never adjusted the rear axle it is solid.we adjusted the front axle to spec the alignment system gave us

TG
Trav G.
Winsted, CT
11/01/2017
Illegal service
Bought a car they worked on, did a carfax to find out they put in a new cluster with mileage 100,000 miles less than what was on the vehicle. This is an illegal practice by a licensed repair facility. They will be contacted legally very soon.

PC
PAULA C.
Bloomfield, CT
03/25/2021
Excellent and professional
Thank so much for all that you do, you always go above and beyond and I appreciate it!!!

DERK L.
Suffield, CT
INFINITI G35 Coupe
03/17/2021
Mint
Quick service, in and out in less than 20 minutes for 2 tires.

HK
HUNNIE K.
North Granby, CT
03/14/2021
So pleased with everything at CF!
I brought my car in for a brake
Inspection. I am so pleased with the total inspection they performed. They detailed on the bill everything they checked. Sean is so polite and professional. I cannot be more pleased than I am. I never leave without saying hello to Nate and Nick! Thank you CF!

Simsbury, CT
Kia Sorento
03/13/2021
Efficient and Friendly
Visited on a Saturday an hour before closing with a tire nail puncture/slow leak. Service was efficient and friendly. Very thorough explanation of the permanent tire repair patch (not just a plug) and cost was affordable. Free cup of coffee to boot and good conversation while waiting. Was in and out in no time. Will definitely choose them again when needed!

MIKE G.
East Granby, CT
Dodge Durango
03/10/2021
Service is fantastic!
Service team listens prior to identifying issues. Once issue identifies they take the time to show you and provide options. Definitely a value proposition here.

BK
BRADLEY K.
Bloomfield, CT
03/05/2021
Great service, quick, polite, modestly priced
I went there for more detailed tire service since they are always responsive on little stuff like tire pressure checks. Very accommodating. I have now switched garages.