EL
EDWARD L.
01/15/2021
As Expected
Fred took care of my old tacoma and now takes care of the new one. Always reliable and reasonable.

MN
MAY N.
01/13/2021
Great Service!!
Was able to send my thru AAA and have it done by phone. When finished, Fred drove my car to pick me up then drove back to the shop so that I can pay for the repairs. The car is running real well. Thank you.

PY
PETER Y.
Oakland, CA
01/12/2021
Great Service!
Fred have help me twice on my two visits. Very down to earth and helpful to someone that don't know much about the mechanics of car. Very helpful answering my questions. Very good in giving estimate on cost of service before the service.

CA
CARTER A.
01/03/2021
Steering Overhaul for my jeep
After years of thinking my jeep steering was just bad bc it was "pre power steering". Fred suggested that it was not safe to drive unless they installed all new steering components. Barry suggested front shocks as well. Well the jeep drives "night and day" better than it did before. Thanks again guys.

Matt C.
12/24/2020 Category: Service
Matt said they had great customer service and all the information given was methodical.

AC
Alex C.
California
Toyota Supra
12/17/2020 Category: Service
Alex said they really went above and beyond to get his vehicle back on the road. It is a very old vehicle and, after calling around to 5 or 6 businesses, this was the only one that was able to work on it. It was towed there, and they took care of everything.

MARIA S.
Volkswagen Golf
12/12/2020
I Trust Them!!!
they listen to what you ask them to do & your concerns...
they do what they say they’re going to do...
and they do it exceedingly well!!!
I am grateful for their attention... knowledge ...experience and service!!!

WJ
WALLACE J.
Chevrolet Caprice
12/12/2020
Prompt service. Attention to detail.
Attention to detail.

DAVID P.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
12/10/2020
Great Communication & Great Service
Just had my car back to Fred's for a weird problem that needed diagnosing. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a text with details on my car's inspection, a description of the problem and an estimate. This new technology allowed me to review and approve the work without calling, maybe waiting on hold, etc. Really neat. Other than the tech, Fred's customer service is among the best for mechanics I've used. They are a great, local Alameda business - highly recommended!

TH
TOM H.
Volkswagen Tiguan
12/09/2020
Fast, & great work and good people too

AC
ALAN C.
Chrysler Sebring
12/09/2020
Fred & Barry take care of me like I am family
I come in, Fred & Barry remember me and my cars, I am always treated like family.
Never any ups or extras

In Alameda, Fred's is the place to go for great car care

JUDY M.
Honda Civic Si
12/04/2020
Excellent, Honest Help
I had a new battery that I purchased from AAA that would not hold a charge. I used up my 4 yearly emergency calls to have them come and start my car. They said the battery was fine and it must be electrical. I took it to Fred. He tested everything. And then discovered tht some cells were not working in the battery. He put in a new one, which is guaranteed for 3 years no questions asked (!) Everything works great, and they are saving my AAA battery so that I can get my money back. Even though they were very busy, I feel they did a thorough and quick job. I'm not going anywhere else for my auto needs! They are so helpful and friendly.

LC
LORRIE C.
Kia Niro
12/04/2020
The Best Mechanics!
I’ve taken my cars to Fred’s Wrenchouse for years. I can always count on them for good work and an honest opinion. They go above and beyond expectations and have always been very helpful. I highly recommend Fred’s!

CA
CARTER A.
12/03/2020
Top Shelf Mechanics
A few years ago I bought my dream car (a 25 year old Jeep Wrangler). It had major problems and I almost gave up on fixing it. Then a foreign mechanic in Berkeley recommended I go to see Fred's Wrenchhouse in Alameda. He said its worth the drive to the island bc Fred is honest and his people are good at what they do. Boy was he right. Fred and the team have helped me time and again to keep my Jeep running strong. I have been a loyal customer for over 2 years now and will continue to take my automobiles to Fred's for repair.

PS