BP
BETSY P.
Ford Econoline Wagon
10/16/2020
Definitely Come Here
I've been coming here for years. Fred and Barry are kind and patient and always make time to talk through any concerns I have. I really appreciate that they always talk me through procedures and never talk down to me.

Both Fred and Barry always remember me and my vehicles (1997-2012, Ford and Toyota), and they've been willing to continue to work on my 20+-year-old car. And speaking of old vehicles, they often give me a hit list of repairs that could be done and repairs that must be done—I appreciate having all of the information about the state of the vehicle and also the help assessing what the most cost-effective plan forward might be.

In the past, Barry has kindly provided me with printouts and reminders of previous repairs when I've misplaced my personal records. He's just upgraded their system to an online one, where I can access that info myself, which is also really helpful.

Couldn't recommend Fred's Wrenchouse more.

AH
ANNE H.
10/15/2020
Went the extra mile
I brought my toyota prius in for routine maintenance. A check engine light was on. Fred said it might just be that the gas cap was not put back on in the right way, and to let him know if it came back on. It has not come back on. Thanks Fred! I'll be more careful about putting the gas cap on.

10/10/2020
Great work!
Great staff, services above average, reasonable rates. My car is 2001 model, and it runs smoothly after the tuneup.

WM
Walter M.
Saturn VUE
10/09/2020 Category: Service
Walter said he dropped it off in the morning, until he called back at 3pm it had not even been touched yet, then when they got back to him he had to wait around for it to get fixed. The fellow on the phone was very pleasant, very professional, told him everything was good and the cost, but it was a 3 or 4 man facility and he thought they should have had it looked at as soon as they could in case it needed parts, which it did. They did a very good job, he took it to Oakland and it drove absolutely great and he absolutely recommends them.

OD
OTIS D.
Buick LeSabre
10/04/2020
Great customer service !!
Fred and Barry are AWESOME !! Their customer service is A1 !! This business doesn’t try to rip you off .....like some mechanics do. They don’t bs around and will have you back on the road feeling confident about your repairs !! I’ll definitely be taking my car to them again, when needed !!

Michael S.
Subaru Legacy
09/30/2020 Category: Service
Michael said they seemed average.

LP
Larissa P.
09/19/2020 Category: Service
Larissa said the service was pretty good at this business but it was kind of pricey.

TA
TOM A.
09/11/2020
No fuss, no muss (well, a little grease but that’s expected)
Highly recommended

KIM B.
Volvo S40
09/09/2020
Awesome as always
They have been consistently fast, friendly, reasonably priced and completely transparent about what's going on. Never try to upsell or push unneeded services. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

VP
Viktoria P.
San Francisco, CA
08/27/2020 Category: Service
Viktoria said it was great.

Mike R.
08/22/2020 Category: Service
Mike said the business provided good service and they were also super friendly.

BJ
BRIAN J.
Chevrolet Cruze
08/21/2020
Best in town
Fast diagnosis and turn around, good communication, accommodating, honest and fair. Good people, highly recommend.

PD
PAM D.
Kia Rondo
08/20/2020
Car maintenance
Great service and Car maintenance knowledge
They are keeping my 12 year old vehicle humming nicely.

CA
CHASE A.
Dodge Sprinter
08/19/2020
Fred's is the Best!
Fred's Wrenchhouse has been my go-to for any issues with my 2006 Dodge Sprinter. Service is always friendly, professional, and quick! I know whenever I bring in my van that it is in good hands and they will make sure everything is right as rain.

CHIP M.
Volvo V40
08/18/2020
Pandora's Box
I give 5 stars even though the issue I came in for- what I thought was a simple leak- turned out to be a multi-faceted Pandora's box that took more time and more money than anticipated. The time and money, though inconvenient for me, was likely nothing short of painful for the Wrenchouse. That's part of the reason I give five stars. Though clearly much more work than either party anticipated, they were calm, cool, and professional, and they didn't punish me with an outrageous bill. It was slightly higher than the estimate, but I know their efforts much exceded that. Another reason I give five stars is the discussion offered on repairs versus buying a new car, Asian versus European build techniques and the subsequent levels of simplicity versus complexity in repair stages. It swayed my thinking on the subject. Most of all though, the old Volvo is purring like a kitten right now.