AMELIA S.
Chrysler 200
04/20/2021
Accessible, thorough, advocate, honest
As we are new to the Alameda area, this was our first experience with Fred's Wrenchouse and we used the shop based on recommendations from the local community. We are very type A about our car maintenance and always have lots of questions to make sure we try & understand what the true issues are and then make sensible decisions around work that needs done. Fred & Barry were very patient with our questions, very thorough & informative with their analysis, and in our case, turned out to be an advocate. Through on-line research, they found that our 10 yr. old car might be still covered on an extended warranty program from the manufacturer. This is yet to be confirmed but we very much appreciated their efforts to research our unique engine issue and present their findings. Even going so far as to call a local dealer to discuss our situation and options. In this first experience with the Wrenchouse, two words, integrity & honesty.

LT
LELAND T.
04/16/2021
Smog Check
Excellent Service!

SHIELA H.
04/15/2021
Quick and Friendly Service
As more and more of my friends are having their catalytic converter stolen, thought I’d be proactive. I called Fred’s Wrenchouse and they had a protective plate on in no time. They even sent me a picture of the finished product in case I need it in the future for insurance purposes.

CAROL B.
04/14/2021
Fast & Knowledgeable Service!
Not everything is same-day service however in my case it was "same afternoon" service for a catalytic converter shield --- !
A rash of cat conv thefts is not going to abate anytime soon.
Bonus: Fred said they adjusted the air in my tires while they were at it...something I have trouble doing as I never seem to get it right. They measured the pressure while installing the shield, what a terrific surprise.
Soon I'll be returning for a tuneup, etc.
I went there years ago with another car (I forget why, and what car) and I remembered Fred's terrific service from then. Thank you Fred!

JN
JEREMY N.
04/09/2021
Great home town shop!
Yes, you could take your car to a chain oil change shop. An oil change is all you’ll get. I take my car to Fred’s because they check the whole car, and find issues that could prove to be serious down the road. I support local businesses first, which is more important now than ever.

JV
JESSICA V.
Scion xB
04/07/2021
Great Customer Service!
I recently called Fred’s Wrenchouse to report a problem with my breaks. The staff was super knowledgeable and instantly had an idea of what the problem could be. Within a couple of hours I received a link with a vehicle condition report that listed the found issues and photo documentation. Very well organized report. They took care of the issue and I had my car back within 24 hours.

AL
ALLISON L.
04/07/2021
Only place I'll take my car
These guys are the best. Above and beyond and never try to rip us off. Fanatic!

MARIO B.
Oakland, CA
Volkswagen Golf
04/01/2021
Great communication and honesty
Third time I’ve visited Fred’s Wrenchouse and surely not the last. Always pleased with the honest and open communication, feedback and quick service. Great attention to customer’s constraints in terms of cost

IC
Isrial C.
Oakland, CA
Mazda 626
03/30/2021 Category: Service
Isrial said that they do a great job.

TL
TOM L.
Toyota Matrix
03/26/2021
Thanks to the Fred’s Wrenchouse Team
We always appreciate the quality and thorough service from Fred, Barry and the crew.

Joey M.
03/25/2021 Category: Service
Spoke with Teri, She said they were treated with respect and everything was explained simply.

RP
ROSALIND P.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
03/23/2021
VERY NICE AND KIND
The workers are very good at their job. The kindness and respect is amazing. I trust them with my vehicle. I’m always satisfied.

WM
WILLA M.
Emeryville, CA
03/21/2021
I Only Have Eyes for Fred's Wrenchouse
Fred, his son, Berry, and their team have worked on my cars for the better part of a decade. I wouldn't take a vehicle anywhere else. Reasonable, well-priced, trustworthy, and kind, these guys are the BEST, period, full stop.

LES B.
Ford Thunderbird
03/16/2021
Visit
As always a pleasure to do business

FB
FLOYD B.
INFINITI EX35
03/14/2021
Friendly and competent auto repair service in Alameda, CA
I have been a customer of Fred's for years and have taken both domestic and foreign cars there. They are honest and prompt in completing repairs. Services are reasonably priced, so once a vehicle is out of warranty I forgo the dealerships and take it to Fred's. I recommend this shop for Alamedans and people from nearby communities.