Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5rating 4.2
Overall Rating 1.8/5rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8

Thomas S.
California
Nissan Sentra
05/07/2019 Category: Service
Thomas said Justin, the service writer, attended to his issue and Thomas said Justin was fantastic in resolving the issue to his satisfaction.

05/07/2019 Category: Service
Thomas said this is the worst business ever for service. The service advisor and the writer lied to him and were very unprofessional. They said his vehicle would be done at a certain time and he sat for an additional 45 minutes when his vehicle was actually done. They tried to oversell him a part and he will never do business or recommend them ever for the reasons already stated.
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 05/14/2019

Thomas, Thank you for coming back. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied and we hope that your experience was better and needs car's needs were met. Thanks again

Tom Morrell
760-436-3337

10/20/2018
Totally a terrible experience
They said smog check would take up to 1 hour. Nope!!! Took over 3 hours. Then, Tom gave me the 'bad news' My smog test failed and my Vehicle was a 'gross polluter'!! And the next step was a $390 'test' before any work is performed. And Tom requested I keep my vehicle there for the weekend since 'they didn't have time' though it was still 10am and I was the first one there at 7am!!! Ridiculous!!! And after that , the real charges would occur ( a black hole possibly into the thousands) would occur. At this point I bailed !!! I said no way! I left after paying my $68 failed test fee. I went down the street ... got a quote of less than $300 to smog/fix my issue within 2 hour!! What a contrast!!! The other garage removed my carb , cleaned , and tuned it to pass the smog !!! Total of $333 including Smog!!! Tom/Ferguson's --- you need to be more honest and competent!!
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 10/23/2018

Tnank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that your smog took so long to complete. We try to be accurate with estimated our time frames but we badly misjudged the time needed to test your motorhome. We also try to be realistic when estimating the cost of diagnosis for failed smogs. It is difficult to calculate the complexity of a smog diagnosis/repair until the job is undertaken.  We are happy that the issues were resolved and that you are taken care of.

Tom Morrell
760-436-3337

Landon M.
Encinitas, CA
07/11/2017 Category: Service
Landon said the customer service was good but the repairs were way too expensive.

SK
sue k.
01/26/2017
dissapointed customer
I came in to get my oil changed and a rear light checked. I had the part myself and asked if the garage mechanic could tell me if it was the right one or not. I was going to put it in myself. Instead he put it in and before I could stop him and then had the audacity to charge me $15! I said I was going to put it in if it was that simple and his reply was.."That's how we make our money!" Disgusting reply for a .2 second service I was going to do myself. I was standing right there!!
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 01/30/2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is not our intention to disregard a customer request and I'm not sure where the disconnect was when you were written up in October but we will definitely bring this to our mechanics/service writers attention so that situations like this are avoided in the future.

Louis B.
Carlsbad, CA
Chrysler Sebring
05/12/2016
The replacement of the headlight switch
I got ripped-off big time at Furgerson's! Tom Morrell, Service Manager, charged me $198.45 for the switch which I could have bought at Carquest Auto parts for $44.99! CARQUEST by BWD Combination Switch Part No. S2317 • Exact Fit for your 2005 Chrysler Sebring. LIMITED LIFETIME REPLACEMENT $44.99. The "highly skilled" mechanics would not allow me near my car as they performed a 40 minute labor on the removal and replacement of the switch. Parts and labor total cost was $351.13!! A terrible rip-off!! Louis Bajkai
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 05/16/2016

Headlamp switch replacement

Mr Bajkai called us prior to his visit to our facility to request a price quote on replacing the headlamp switch(part of the combination switch assembly) on his 2005 Chrysler Sebring. During this inital phone conversation, Mr Bajkai was given a complete quotation for parts and labor to have the combination/headlamp switch replaced with a genuine original equipment switch. We also gave Mr. Bajkai the part number of the switch we would be replacing if he wanted to shop around before he brought his vehicle in to our shop.  We advised Mr Bajkai that Furgerson's Garage only uses original equipment parts for this type of job due to the requirements of our 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. We advised that the use of lesser quailty aftermarket part did not meet our quality standards, and would not be installed by us . Mr Bajkai seemed to understand this need for quality and made an appointment for service for the next day. When Mr Bajkai arrived, he told us that his low beam headlights were inoperative and that several shops had looked at his vehicle but he was still unclear what repair was necessary. We advised Mr Bajkai that the correct repair would require diagnosis, which he agreed to purchase for the cost of $102.60. Mr Bajkai requested that the diagnosis be included in the final repair bill of $351.13 if the problem turned out to be the headlamp switch. Mr Bajakai agreed to this price before any work was performed. The diagnosis was performed, and we confirmed it did have a faulty combination switch. The repair was performed and completed with success for the exact price agreed upon. Upon completion Mr Bajkai seemed content with the results,price, and thanked us for the service. The ASE Certified Master Technician as a professional courtesy did request that the customer give him enough work space to properly diagnose and repair the vehicle, which Mr Bajkai was agreeable with at the time also. In conclusion, Furgerson's Garage always strives to deliver the highest quality repairs & customer service at a reasonable price.

Sincerely,

CV
Colleen V.
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
07/02/2015
Clarification of smog problem
Thanks for your response. There are several points that I want to emphasize. I am not taking issue with the fact that my my car (20 years old, not 30 years old that you stated) failed the test. I agree that there was a legitimate problem with the smog check. My point is with your statement that you do your best to help a customer pass. The only thing that failed on the test was the smog intake hose (it had a huge tear in it which was clearly visible just by looking at it.) It was immediately clear that it would not pass. The car passed all the emissions even with the tear. Why did you even bother to test it when the visual inspection would fail the test? If you had pointed that out to me, I would have fixed it first and then have the emission test done. This is not "doing your best to help a vehicle pass." I am sticking to my assessment of the steep price for the part. Napa auto parts sold that genuine part to me for half the cost of what you were charging. The other garage installed it and didn't charge me. It took less than five minutes to insert it.

07/02/2015
Smog test experience
Problem with smog test not handled well, estimate for repair way overpriced (I had repair done elsewhere for one third the cost), and didn't offer free retest even if I had repair done through them and was told that it would definitely pass on the second time.
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 07/09/2015

Furgerson's Garage regrets that you feel disappointed in your smog check experience. It is unfortunate, but not uncommon for a 30 year old Camry to have a fault resulting in a emissions inspection failure. Furgerson's Garage has offered inexpensive Smog Check inspections for 32 years. With a 90%+ vehicle pass rate, we will always do our best to help a customers vehicle pass legally. Furgerson's has successfully smog checked several of this customers vehicles in the past with no issues, in our opinion this review seems like an unreasonable response to a legitimate failure. We obtained estimates from two other local STAR Smog Check certified AAA approved repair facilities for the same repairs we quoted, and our pricing was slightly lower than both of our competitors. Due to our discounted Smog Check pricing, we can not offer free re-inspections, nor are we required to by the State of California. Furgerson's Garage has built a reputation for the highest quality repairs using the best parts available at a competitive price since 1981. We look forward to meeting your expectations in the future.

Sincerely,

RP
Richard P.
BMW 330Ci
05/14/2015
price gauging
We don't like going to the dealership cause they rob you blind. Unfortunately I'm getting the same experience from your dealership.
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 05/19/2015

Furgerson's Garage pricing is very competitive with other AAA approved independent auto repair shops in Encinitas, and far less expensive than the local BMW dealer.  We use the highest quality replacement parts, employ only ASE Certified Master Technicians with extensive experience, all backed by an industry leading 2 year/24,000 mile warranty. We agree that it is unfortunate that your high mileage BMW had an additional cooling system fault 5 months and 3000 miles later. There are numerous plastic, rubber, and aluminum parts that make up the cooling system and have the possibility of failure. The secondary failure that occurred was undetectable and not present at the time of initial cooling system repairs. High mileage European vehicles commonly need frequent and extensive repairs. The technicians employed at Furgerson's use their professional judgment based on the customers vehicle condition and the customers best interest when recommending necessary repairs. We consulted with the Master Technician who repaired your vehicle, and he stated: " I only recommended the absolute necessary repairs to the 330 BMW". Furgerson's Garage has been in business since 1981 providing the highest quality repairs, using the best parts available, at a fair price. We hope this information helps clarify the value you receive at our facility. Thank you for business.