Overall Rating 4.0000025/5Overall Rating 4.0000025/5Overall Rating 4.0000025/5Overall Rating 4.0000025/5rating 4.0000025
Overall Rating 1.5000025/5rating 1.5000025rating 1.5000025rating 1.5000025rating 1.5000025

CR
Cristal R.
05/15/2018 Category: Service
Cristal said the catalyst was cracked, and the business did not tell her about it. She had a smog check, and they should have told her not to have the smog done until the catalyst was repaired. It was an unkindness on their part that they did not tell her. Also, the check engine light was on.
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 05/17/2018

Dear Cristal,
Thank you for your recent review of Furgerson’s Garage. Unfortunately your vehicle failed the smog check for two reasons: a severely cracked exhaust manifold next to the oxygen sensor (a
critical emissions component) and a cracked fuel cap seal. Both of your vehicle failures items were verified by two ASE Certified Master Technicians. The staff at Furgerson’s Garage takes the State of California Smog Check Program seriously, and we are happy to help do our part to keep our air quality at an acceptable level. As a State of California STAR Certified Smog Check Test and Repair Station we are held to the highest standards set forth by the Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau of Automotive Repair. By repairing and maintaining your vehicle you can help keep our air clean as well! We would like to assist you through the repair process as affordably as possible. Please give our Service Manager a call at your earliest convenience to schedule an appointment.

AL
Amelia L.
Encinitas, CA
Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
02/16/2018
Just don’t understand
I did talked to Tom about my disappointments of the overall service. I took car to get an oil change. But ended getting a full report that many issues that my car had. Oil had not been done yet but a full report. It was a bit sketchy and I was upset. So Tom asked what was
The issue. I told him that I had taken the car in because the window in the back seat
Did not work. They told it was motors in each window for over $500 per window labor. $900 later
They said they could fix Theo Dow’s by locking the cables the windows would not open any more. I said okay. But then I realize a few
Days later that I could not roll my convertible top. I took the car to Vw dealer. They looked at it said motors were good but the cables were shot. They replaced cables and $400 later issues fix. So get how the full report sat ugly to me.

Mike C.
Honda
08/11/2017 Category: Service
Mike said this business wasn't very flexible with their time.

KT
Kevin T.
06/20/2017
Bad service rep
Give me a call to discuss at 619-719-8790.

Kevin
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 06/21/2017

Thank you Kevin for bringing your concerns to my intention. We have performed corrective actions with the employee involved to ensure he exceeds customer expectations in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally with any possible issues in the future. Thanks again, Brad

EF
Eric F.
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
03/31/2017 Category: Service
Eric said the prices were obscene. They charged a lot for labor and did not explain the cost well.

MF
Michael F.
Encinitas, CA
Volkswagen Passat
10/13/2015
Diesel Smog test too high
I was dissapointed that I was charged $20 more than a gas auto for my diesel vehicle. I doubt the test takes any longer or requires different equipment. I have done this test for this vehicle at another facility and was not charged more.

Ron R.
06/22/2015
Re-Score
Complaints resolved - communication problem.

06/22/2015
usually gotten good service
Picked up my car after hrs: 1) no key left in the glove compartment as I had asked, 2) no receipt of service performed, etc 3) parts replaced were not left in the vehicle as I had indicated on the envelope when I left the car before opening and 4) two large (.25 in dia) grease spots on the floor of drivers side.
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 06/25/2015

After it was brought to our attention that the customer left our business unhappy, our Service Manager contacted the customer to discuss the situation. We were unable to give the old parts back to the customer due to the fact that they had to be returned to the manufacturer or else the customer would be charged and additional CORE fee. Furgerson's Garage offered the customer a complimentary oil and filter service to make up for the miscommunication between customer and the shop.

Scott W.
Toyota Sequoia
04/22/2015
Furgerson's corrected the situation
After understanding the situation the folks at Furgerson's contacted me an made the situation right. They replaced the tailgate window motor at no charge.

04/22/2015
Should have fixed your prior work....
So i have 7 cars in the family that we take routinely to Furgeson's. Tom is great he knows us (and should by the volume of work we give the establishment). A little over 2 years ago we paid an awful price to have a window motor replaced in the tailgate of our Sequioa. This week we took the Sequioa in because the engine light, track off, and stability track light, came on in addition to the fact the window in the tailgate had stopped working again. So we paid to replace TWO sensors (unrelated but which happen to spontaneous trip the check engine light) in excess of $1,800. As for the window in the tailgate we were told it was again the motor which was over the warrantee period...even though we had paid you guys to replace it within the last three years. I said no to the guy when he told me it was going to be some crazy amount ($800 or $900) I can't remember. Tom then called back having heard the conversation and said he thought it a shame to just close it up without fixing and would split the cost with me for the window motor...some $550! This is for a motor and labor I paid for jus t2 years ago! And don't tell me it is the salt air by the beach! All of Japan is by salt water....And I bet the managers at Toyota would cringe to hear you say that.....which made my wife ask "where did Furgeson's get the old motor in the first place?...good question.....probably not Toyota or you would have made a stink to them on our behalf and got the thing corrected for free! I realize it was over the period you warranted the motor...but sometimes you step up and do what is right on behalf of your good customers. I would venture to guess that I am among your top retail cutomers (excluding commercial fleets). I would think you would go a bit out of your way to make right the work we already paid you to do.
Brad and C., President/Owner from Furgerson's Garage responded on 04/24/2015

Furgerson's Garage is committed to providing the highest quality repairs at a competitive price. We offer an industry leading 24 month/ 24,000 mile parts & labor warranty. Almost three years ago our ASE Certified Master Technician installed a new factory Toyota rear window motor to ensure a quality repair was accomplished. Unfortunately the factory Toyota rear window motor failed after our 24 month warranty expired. After discussing the matter further with our very loyal customer, Furgerson's Garage replaced the rear window motor under a customer satisfaction warranty at no charge. The Check engine light, Traction off, and Vehicle Skid Control lamps were caused by two unrelated items: a bank 1 oxygen sensor heater element failure (the bank 2 oxygen sensor was replaced three years ago at our facility, which is still functioning normally) & a brake power booster stroke sensor (which requires the entire brake power booster unit to be replaced). Both parts were replaced with original equipment parts,  which fixed all three warning lamps illuminated. At Furgerson's Garage we employ ASE Certified Master Technicians with the most experience in the county who strive to perform exceptionally, and install only the best quality replacement parts available. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority and we look forward to continuing our business relationship with this customer.