Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5rating 4.2
Overall Rating 1.8/5rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8

11/02/2019
Oil change mix up
Thanks for responding and making an offer to make up for the inconvenience

11/02/2019
Screwed up on oil change
Should have offered me something for the inconvenience
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 11/07/2019

Thanks for your response. You are right, we should have offered you something for your inconvenience. Please give me a call so we can talk about it. Im sorry that I was remiss and should have taken better care of you during your visit.

Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 11/11/2019

Thank you very much.

Cardiff By The Sea, CA
08/31/2019
Upsell?
I have used Furgerson's Garage for about 15 years and have always had good service. When I first began taking my vehicles to them, I was always impressed that they dealt with the major issue at hand and advised about things that might need attention. However, there was no push or no feeling of pressure to address the other items. We would have a conversation about taking care of those in the long run. On my last two visits, I have come away with the distinct feeling that Furgerson's is engaging in upsell...trying to get me to do more work than necessary on my vehicle. I'm fairly mechanical and I understand automobile mechanics. I was told of several issues on my vehicle and I am uncomfortable that they suggested work that may not actually be necessary. I was told I have leaking rear shocks. I can't see any evidence of leaks one the shocks myself. I had complained about a shimmy when braking from high speeds after driving for an extended distance. I was told that the front brake pads had been replaced, but the rotors had not been resurfaced. I was fairly certain that I had not replaced the front brake pads and confirmed that with my service records. I realize that there is still a brake problem, but to assume the brake pads had been replaced and suggest a previous repair was inadequate concerns me since I hadn't had any type of previous brake service. The vehicle has only 53,500 miles. I was told there is a coolant leak and would need a coolant leak pressure test. I have not seen any evidence of a coolant leak on the vehicle either on my garage floor. That is not to say that these issues may not need attention. In retrospect, I should have asked to speak to the technician so the technician could point out specifically where he found problems. I feel as though I need to go to another auto service business to confirm the need for the suggested repairs. I now don't have the normal confidence that I once had in Furgerson's. I have recommended Furgerson's to friends and neighbors, especially on Nextdoor Neighbor blog. Now I have a question in my mind about continuing that practice.

KF
Kerry F.
Ram 2500
08/20/2019
Belt change
The garage did their usual fantastic job diagnosing and fixing the problem. Even fixed some door hardware for free. But even with all that, the initial $130 or so dollars just to look at it... Ok, fine, but in that time you found out it was a missing $22 belt. Then charged me over $250 more to replace a single belt. I feel cheated. Why did you charge me so much for what was likely less than a 20 min job with 10 mins of follow up to make sure it was charging correctly? We're regular return customers. I should've said something at the time...
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 08/26/2019

Dear Kerry,
Thank you for taking time on the phone to allow me to explain why replacing the broken auxiliary charging belt was more difficult than it would seem. We appreciate your business and value your trust. Please call me if you have any questions or comments. Thank You

EW
Erich W.
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Jeep Cherokee
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Erich said the staff had diagnosed the vehicle, then came back after they fixed part of it. The issue was either the water pump or the idler and they replaced both instead of just one, and it fixed the issue.
Tom M., Service Manager from Furgerson's Garage responded on 05/02/2019

Thank you Erich. We appreciate the recommendation

Jeannine M.
09/18/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Jim. He said that he thinks the business over charged him. He would not recommend them to people who wanted to save money.

RT
Rod T.
Ford Econoline Wagon
09/12/2017
Good but need to pay more attention to details
I had them do a full inspection of my van and they missed some important things

RL
Ronald L.
Lexus ES 330
06/01/2017
Rountine Service
Service work was good, however the communication between the service writer and the service tech was not very good. I asked that the tires not be rotated, since they were already rotated in the past two weeks. The service tech was not aware of my request and he rotated the tires again, basically undoing the previous rotation. This type of response to a request is not reassuring.

AV
Alain V.
Acura Integra
01/22/2017
Smog Check
Vehicle was brought with engine check light on. I spoke with a technician before starting the work and suggested to replace the O2 sensor before proceeding with the smog check. I was told that the best way of proceeding was to fail the test first, run a diagnostic to figure out why it failed and then replace the faulty part. Turned out that the faulty part was the O2 sensor...! So, the costs of passing the smog test ended up in the $500 while my initial suggestion would have costed about $150. Not happy....

Mac S.
Volkswagen Jetta
08/02/2016
Fast service
They found all the problems with the vehicle and told me about them. They recommended what to do and what could wait. Really do not like having to pay over $100 to just read trouble codes

Robert H.
San Diego, CA
05/26/2015 Category: Service
Robert said the staff at the business is very polite, but he felt the promptness of the diagnostics took a little long and they did not attach the license plate frame. They were able to repair what was wrong which no other facility had been able to do.

Lia M.
Glen Burnie, MD
Honda Accord
08/19/2014
engine repair(s)
I will hold my review for a period of time concerning my investment in my Honda. I will also delay any recommendations for the same period of time.