05/08/2019
Not a great experience
I’ve been looking for a small, locally owned shop to bring my cars to since my last mechanic retired. I stopped in last weekend and made an appt to get my tires swapped and hoped to start an ongoing relationship.

I came in for my appt and they did not appear to be expecting me, and informed me that it would be done around 11:30 am when I was told initially 9am. This totally screwed up my day. I was told I could reschedule but at that point I wanted to make sure my car was safe and get the old tires removed.

I was a bit thrown off about how to rearrange my work schedule but still very nice about the whole thing but the person helping me seemed annoyed with me, wasn’t very nice and made me feel like I somehow inconvenienced THEM. While I waited, she was in the back laughing with another employee and it just seemed unprofessional.

Ultimately, I thought there would be some small gesture for the mix up just to show they value my business. They noted my headlight was out and if it were my business, I would have swapped that out or offered a discount to come back and get that taken care of.

Ben B.
Subaru Impreza Sedan
03/31/2019
Thanks Rick!
I appreciate Rick reaching out to me to resolve my complaint. He issued me a partial refund which brought the service cost in line with my expectations. Many thanks. I will be sure to get an estimate of all work to be done in the future to avoid surprises when it comes time to pay.

03/31/2019
Air filter upsell is a rip-off
I think the customer service and the quality of the work done was very good, but the prices are way too high. I had taken my car in for an oil change, and got a call in the middle of the day suggesting I get my engine and cabin air filters replaced, which I agreed to because it had been a while. However, after seeing the bill, I realized they dramatically marked up the parts (over double the cost of the exact parts from NAPA) and labor costs ($54) of the air filter work. I can easily do that kind of work myself, and would have had I known they charge such ridiculous prices for it. Now I don't think I can trust this shop. There are several other good repair shops in the area so I won't be back.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 04/03/2019

Ben
Thanks for taking my call 4/2 @ 11:56 am. We reached an agreeable refund amount.
I hope you are more satisfied with your overall service experience at Genins

Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 04/08/2019

Ben
If you do not mind I am sendinf a 'Rescore' survey.
If you feel you can now Score Genin's with a 4 out 5 positive please rescore it.
If not just discard the survey.

Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 04/15/2019

Mike M.
01/30/2019
good follow up service by owner
Had a few concerns about length of time it took to get a tire repaired. Owner was prompt in following up on my concerns, and hopefully discussed improving the somewhat lacking communication I received in the shop with his staff.

01/30/2019
Long wait for a tire check
Even though I purchased my set of tires at Genin's, and even though I made an appointment a day before dropping in, I found the wait to check a tire's slow leak a bit ridiculous. I was at a nearby coffeeshop almost two and a half hours for the tire plug/remounting.

When I got the text that the car was ready, and went in to pay the bill, I asked what problems they found with the tire. The person working said "I don't know. They didn't tell me. That'll be $40." Not exactly friendly customer service...I will probably take my car to the dealer next time, and buy my tires elsewhere.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 01/31/2019

Mike
I appreciate your taking the time to let me know your thoughts.
I apologize for the inconvenience. We realize the value of eveyone's time. Winter tire repairs require the tire and rim to warm up.
I understand you are dissatified but the repair completed properly is the goal. How much time it takes varies.

KG
Kimberly G.
Buick Encore
01/26/2019
Crooked
I am very unhappy with the service I got from them . I was referred there by my uncle. While removing the valve cover of the engine, they broke a coil wire. They then wanted to charge me 300.00 for a new coil pack. I did not brake it they did , so why should I have to incur the charge to fix it. I will never give them my business again. I now still have to replace the coil pack along with spark plugs. It still cost me close to 700.00 for the work they did or didn't do. Not happy at all.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 01/30/2019

Kimberly
As I explained in our phone conversation 1-30 @ 8:30 am. The coil pack became an issue during the repair. Similar to a plumber replacing a faucet and a problem occuring with the water pipe, the pipe is yours, the repair is needed and you would be responsible.
No one likes spending money on repairs.
I appreciate your taking my call.
I apologize we were not able to meet your expectations.

Matt W.
Pontiac G6
03/05/2016 Category: Service
Matt said this business told him a bunch of things that were wrong with his vehicle that were not true.
Rick G., President from Genins Autocare responded on 03/22/2016

Made or attempted to make phone contact with Matt on 4 occassions;3/8 @ 3:55pm, 3/9 @ 8:22 am, 3/14 @ 8:52 am and today 3/22 @10:55am.
I did talk speak with Matt on 2 occassion he never had time or committed to come to the shop to go over his concerns / commets.
It was documented on his repair order that he had choosen to make some of the repairs himself.