2012 Reviews

Overall Rating 4.7837832/5Overall Rating 4.7837832/5Overall Rating 4.7837832/5Overall Rating 4.7837832/5rating 4.7837832
Overall Rating 2.2972941/5Overall Rating 2.2972941/5rating 2.2972941rating 2.2972941rating 2.2972941

2015 Hyundai Elantra
06/27/2016 Category: Service
Great
I had a great experience will be back
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/28/2016

Thank you for the nice comment & choosing Jim Burke for your automotive needs.  We strive to provide 5-Star service for every guest.  Any feedback to assist us reaching this goal is appreciated.

Kevin M.
Mc Calla, AL
06/26/2016 Category: Service
Overall good experience
They were thorough, efficient, and fair.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/27/2016

Thank you for allowing us to provide your automotive service.  It is always our intent to provide 5-Star service.  Any feedback assisting us to do so is appreciated.

JAMAUL P.
06/17/2016 Category: Service
Great Service!
They are always so friendly and they make sure you are in and out.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/17/2016

Thank you for choosing Jim Burke for your automotive needs.  Our goal is to always provide 5-Star service to every guest. Any feedback you can provide to help us achieve this goal is appreciated.

2015 Hyundai Genesis
06/13/2016 Category: Service
professional quick service
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/14/2016

Thank you for choosing Jim Burke for your automotive needs.  It is always our goal to provide 5-Star service each and every time.  Any suggestions towards our effort to do so is greatly appreciated.  We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Bonni S.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
05/31/2016 Category: Service
May service visit
I really want to like the service department, the guys who work are really friendly and helpful. But, man! Every time I go in there I get a little irritated. Cars parked in the road in front to the service bays so that you have to go around them in the second lane to get in. I have seen people sit there thinking that there is a line to get in when there is not. You can only get simple service on Saturdays, so if I am there for an oil change and something else is going on with the car, I have to come back. I don't work downtown, so I have to take time off from work to bring my car in. This time when I brought my car in, they didn't put a new reminder sticker on the windshield, and that is what I use to remind me to bring the car in (Or to nag me when I am late!). No earth shattering problems, just little things like that. But isn't it the little things that keep us coming back?
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 05/31/2016

Thank you for your input regarding our service department.  It is very important to us since we always want to provide 5-Star service each and every visit.  You are correct, it is the small things which can get larger.  We will address these and attempt to correct those which we can control.

John R.
Kimberly, AL
05/21/2016 Category: Service
Friendly service
Friendly service
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 05/23/2016

Thank you for choosing Jim Burke for your automotive needs.  It is our goal to provide 5-Star service during each visit.  Any feedback is appreciated to assist us achieve this goal.

VS
Vickie S.
Pleasant Grove, AL
2015 Hyundai Genesis
05/17/2016 Category: Service
Other than having to drop off and pick up my car on the busy road, everything was perfect. The waiting room was nicely appointed, and the service representative was very informative and helpful.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 05/17/2016

Thank you for responding to Sure Critic.  It is always our goal to provide 5-Star service.  Unfortunately, our location prevents us from having a delivery area & most times it's more convenient to our customers to have their vehicle in front of the service department.  We will do all we can to make your vehicle pickup more convenient in the future.

BW
BETTYE W.
Bessemer, AL
11/06/2015 Category: Service
Takes care of the customer
GOOD JOB!
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 11/07/2015

Thank you for the nice comments.

04/08/2015 Category: Service
No Complaints
No complaints.. Will return.

Odenville, AL
03/19/2015 Category: Service
good experience
When I take my car in I would like to have the problem and only the problem I brought it in for to be addressed. I don't like the fact the try and tell you need this and this done when I'm not having any issues on performance of my vehicle that they tell me I need to address. But customer service was good and the willingness to work with me was outstanding!
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 03/25/2015

We appreciate your comments and feedback on your most recent visit.  We were happy we were able take care of your repair as a goodwill gesture from Hyundai.  Keep in mind, it is our job and duty to make customers aware of their automotive needs and services which may enhance the performance and longevity of their vehicle.  Thank you for choosing Jim Burke for your automotive needs.

Donzella W.
2010 HYUNDAI SONATA
02/20/2015 Category: Service
Quick and professional service.
Always great service
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/27/2015

Thank you for the kind words regarding our Service Department.  Hopefully, we can do better and get that 5th Star next time.  Please let us know if we can be of any assistance with your Hyundai in the future.

Clanton, AL
2013 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
01/23/2015 Category: Service
January 2015 oil change
Nice service rep -- explained issues. Only issue was 1 hour 45 min wait time --- rep told me in advance which was appreciated. Very busy day
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 01/26/2015

Thank you for taking the time to respond and rate us on SureCritic.  It is our goal to service every vehicle in a timely manner without sacrificing the quality of our service.  We hope to be able to accomplish this in a more timely manner in the future.

Jacksonville, AL
2011 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
01/19/2015 Category: Service
Good trip for a change.
Normally when I take my vehicle in for an oil change, it's a 2-3 hr wait. This time, Jordan wrote up the paperwork as soon as I arrived and in an hour we were ready to go. Great improvement!
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 01/20/2015

John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 01/20/2015

It is always our intent to provide service in the quickest manner possible, while not sacrificing the quality of the service.  Most of the time we can do so on basic maintenance services, however, when additional diagnostics are required, more time is required.  Another factor with repair time is choosing when to have a vehicle serviced.  We run at 100% Monday through Friday, but we only run at 67% on Saturday.  This allows our employees to have, at least, some weekend time off.  If a customer chooses only to bring their vehicle in on Saturday, there is a possibility of additonal wait time based on the customer count that day.  Thank you for your feedback & your patronage.

Ragland, AL
10/28/2014 Category: Service
Service Dept.
There needs to be an easier way to exit the service dept. instead of risking an accident by leaving numerous cars parked and idling on a city street.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 11/11/2014

Thank you for your suggestion.  We have looked at every option available for vehicle delivery.  Unfortunately, we are a downtown dealership, land locked with one way streets.  We do take care to turn vehicles off, secure them and leave flashers on for as short a period of time as possible.  This gives our customers the opportunity to already be in the street rather than have to navigate a parking lot with only an alley access.  We have tried both ways & our customers, overwhelmingly, prefer the first manner of delivery.  We value your input & look forward to servicing your vehicle in the future.

GM
GEORGE M.
Hamilton, AL
08/22/2014 Category: Service
Courteous and informative
Each time I have been to Burke Hyundai for maintenance and service, it has been a good experience.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 08/28/2014

Thank you, Mr. Mahan, for the kind words and good score on the Hyundai Customer Satisfaction Survey.  We hope to continue the satisfactory service.

LA
Lynn A.
Warrior, AL
2013 HYUNDAI SONATA
04/23/2014 Category: Service
Additional Service Cost other than the Free Oil change
Very nice place to have my car serviced so far, clean waiting areas. Nice employees. My only complaint I get the free oil changes, but then the Service rep wants you to do the all of the Service recommendations that are very expensive, tire rotations, oil flush, air filters, etc. I get hit with a cost of $70 to $500 depending what the mileage is every time you go in for service. Thanks for your time.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 04/24/2014

Thank you for the good rating.  We understand the cost of maintaining a vehicle may be an unwanted expense at times.  However, it is a necessary one to ensure your vehicle gives you the quality performance & longevity desired.  This is one reason we offer  the Free Oil Change For Life program, to help with that expense.  We appreciate your patronage & look forward to assisting you in the future.

RONNIE S.
Warrior, AL
02/23/2014 Category: Service
they dont vaccum or wash your car after service which wouuld be great customer service
Very good service 4.5
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/24/2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Sure Critic & providing the good score on you HSI survey.  Due to constraints, it is not possible to wash vehicles (water runoff downtown), but we normally vaccuum each one.  We will make sure this is done in the future.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for your continued patronage.

JAMES G.
Moody, AL
01/09/2014 Category: Service
expensive, but thorough, courteous.
it takes a long time, but you can drop in anytime and they do have a service that can drop you off.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 01/10/2014

Thank you, Mr. Gosnell, for taking the time to rate our dealership on Sure Critic and give us the outstanding score on your Customer Satisfaction Survey.  All comments are welcome and investigated in an attempt to make our customer service the best it possible can be.

John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 01/10/2014

BATTON S.
10/11/2013 Category: Service
Always friendly and professional
Pretty expensive! Asked about coupons and said I wasn't getting any but the cashier just told me to visit the web site. It would have been nice to offer a discount since I always bring my car there!
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/11/2013

We are investigating to find out why coupons have neither been mailed nor emailed to you.  Sometimes it is due to mailing only to individuals rather than businesses.  Please feel free to ask your Service Advisor about any coupons we may have available during write-up at each visit.  Thank you for taking the time to rate us on SureCritic & we hope we can earn a top rating once we resolve this issue.  JMorris, Service Director