( 2051 Reviews )

Overall Rating 4.7894763/5Overall Rating 4.7894763/5Overall Rating 4.7894763/5Overall Rating 4.7894763/5rating 4.7894763
Overall Rating 2.3157882/5Overall Rating 2.3157882/5rating 2.3157882rating 2.3157882rating 2.3157882

ZH
Zabrina H.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
07/08/2019 Category: Service
Great Customer Service!
They went beyond regular procedures to make sure I was satisfied with their services.

07/08/2019 Category: Service
Not doing everything promised!
i do not believe an actually inspection was done. i believe they informed me of just a few things noticed and I was given a suggestion for scheduled maintenance work based on miles.
MARY W H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 07/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. I do apologize for the inconvenience. However, we are Always looking for ways to improve our services!

MARY W H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 07/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback.
Hope you have a Wonderful morning!

SG
Scarlet G.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
06/18/2018 Category: Service
Gooden
As always my service needs were completed in a very timely manner. I refer this location because it is near my residence and I have always experienced great service. The technicians are courteous and very knowledgeable.

06/18/2018 Category: Service
Gooden
As always my service needs were completed in a very timely manner. This dealership is located near my residence and convenient for me to reach. The technicians are always courteous and knowledgeable.
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/19/2018

so my understanding is there was no issues
with service so thank you for re-scoring
hope you have a great day

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/19/2018

Eric B.
2013 Hyundai Equus
05/31/2018 Category: Service
Eric Brown
The problem at this time it's been resolved I'm very happy

05/31/2018 Category: Service
Eric Brown
I feel that I should have been compensated some way for having to come back up to Jim Burke or something I didn't cause I missed out on overtime because I had to come back up there because of something not in my control
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/01/2018

my apoligies
i have spoke with the advisor and the technician
and they both understand how any detail can cause
issue - from either the problem or the way we get
it resolved - thank you for understanding and i look
forward to seeing you soon

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/05/2018

PM
Pelham M.
02/12/2018 Category: Service
180 Degree Customer Service Experience
Originally, I was upset about our Sonata not getting its free oil change as it is supposed to for life, since I have it serviced there. There was some miscommunication and Jim Burke, especially Mr. Cruse, had my issue resolved within 30 minutes. These are fine people doing a great job...just be sure everyone understands how the 'Free Oil Change For Life' works...thank you once again for the prompt response and resolution!

02/12/2018 Category: Service
Liars.
Don't believe their service department. The free oil changes aren't free.
John C. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/12/2018

Spoke with customer and resolved our miscommunication on our part. Thank you for taking the time to listen to me and understand as well as accepting the decision we made in order to make it right! Thank you again and you have our apologies and we look forward to your continued business. Please reach out to me at 205-278-5972 for any other issues.

John L. Cruse

John C. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/12/2018

Thank you again for affording us the chance to correct our mistake!

John Cruse

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/14/2018

thank you so much !

Solomon W.
Pinson, AL
2015 Hyundai Azera
02/09/2018 Category: Service
Birmingham"s best auto service
after speaking with my service advisor I now know that if there is an issues," please speak with your service advisor at that time" Do not leave upset. they will answer all of your question and make what ever the problem is right.
Thanks Jim Burke I'm back in the saddle.

02/09/2018 Category: Service
VERY GOOD SERVICE
I will continue to use Jim Burks for my auto services.
MARY W H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/10/2018

Thank you for your feedback.
Your service advisor will be in thouch with you Monday to answer any questions or concerns you have.
Have a great weekend!

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/14/2018
  1. thank you for allowing us
    to resolve issues - we appreciate
    and look forward to your service
    needs in the future
    hope you had a great day

Hueytown, AL
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/10/2017 Category: Service
Another Visit
Today’s visit was a return to the Jason m Burke I know. I was phoned about my car and I had asked for the extended limited warranty to be checked and it was. My car was in good shape when I got it back and everything went like it should have.

11/10/2017 Category: Service
Please oblem visit
Worse visit in 7 years
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 11/10/2017
  1. my apologies
    this would have frustrated me as well
    team manager will be in touch
    thanks you for responding

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 11/14/2017
  1. again thank you for responding
    it was the key to getting to and resolving issue
    after this revisit i hope
    we have regained your trust in jba
    and that we can have the opportunity
    in the future to serve your vehicle needs
    if i can be of any assistance please contact
    me - thanks for coming in and speaking with me
    hope you have a great evening

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 11/20/2017

again thank you
so glad we could resolve issue
hope you and yours have
a great holiday season

Rhonda M.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
06/08/2017 Category: Service
Response to Follow Up to Survey
Thanks John for your IMMEDIATE response to the survey and offering a solution to an ongoing issue with my vehicle. As I mentioned to you, I will be honest with my response. I appreciate your feedback. I am not looking for anything free, just want to get the service I deserve. Thanks and have a great weekend as well.

06/08/2017 Category: Service
I am not sure if the service is related to a previous review or not.....but it didn't get any better.
John C. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/08/2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feeback as well as taking the time to have a discussion with me. I am happy that we were able to resolve your issue and continue to provide service to you. We look forward to seeing you next week and hope that our business relationship continues to grow! Have a great weekend

John C. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/12/2017

Thank you and we are glad we could resolve everything quickly and efficiently!

Rhonda M.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
03/14/2017 Category: Service
When you have employees and mangers who show they are concerned and are willing to make things right for the customer.
I would like to thank Mr. Pickle for contacting me, following up on my concerns AND offering solutions relative to my most recent visit and future visits to the Jim Burke Hyundai Service Center.

03/14/2017 Category: Service
He was not so friendly.
I hope to have someone else assist me.
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 03/17/2017

thank you for sharing your experience with me,
after out conversation i think we have every thing
cleared up,we will be getting more information on Hyundai rewards and pass that on to you as well.
 john says hello and looks forward to taking care of your service needs in the future,
again thank you and hope you have a wonderful day.

LT
Lashoan T.
Tuscaloosa, AL
01/03/2017 Category: Service
Resolved
Happy Camper

01/03/2017 Category: Service
Bad
Every since i got my car serviced, it burns gas horribly!!! They acted as if they didn't care when i called. I have never had this problem before until i came there for service.
WALTER E H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 01/03/2017

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me about your recent service. I hope your situation with your vehicle is rectified with what was discussed. Hope you have a wonderful and happy new year !!

Pleasant Grove, AL

12/18/2016 Category: Service
Auto maintenance
Average
Kayleigh C. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 12/21/2016

After speaking, we know that a 3 is not an accurate reflection of the service that you received and that there was really nothing wrong during your visit. We thank you for choosing us to take care of your service needs and hope that will continue!

John C. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 12/21/2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey once, but twice. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we will continue to strive to provide the same service each time, but always be prepared to improve. Thank you again!

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 12/29/2016

thank all who worked together on this matter and resolved it

New Orleans, LA
12/11/2016 Category: Service
Reimbursement Of Additional Expense
The service department managers: Eddie and Rusty displayed great concern to my complaint and pursued necessary steps to reimburse my expenses for having the oil spillage cleaned.

12/11/2016 Category: Service
Oil Change
I received a dirty oil change and I incurred an additional cost at a different Hyundai shop to have the issue resolved. I wasn't informed by Jim Burke's service department that this oil spillage had occured. I learned of it from the oil-smell permeating the inside of my car when driving.
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 12/12/2016

again i am sorry for the inconvenience this caused,thank you for giving me a chance to resolve this issue and hope you and yours have a great holiday season

Sidney C.
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/19/2016 Category: Service

10/19/2016 Category: Service
Mr.Eddie was professional and helpful
I thought this was another website I give it 5 star
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/19/2016

We appreciate you for choosing Jim Burke for your automotive service.  Our goal is to always provide 5-Star service.  Thank you for talking with Eddie, working out the details of your recent visit and giving us reconsideration.  We are at your assistance if you need us in the future.

John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/19/2016

Once again, thank you so very much!

BT
Beth T.
Hayden, AL
10/11/2016 Category: Service
Excellent customer service
John Cruse went out of his way to fix my 2015 Sonata and make me a loyal and satisfied customer of Jim Burke Hyundai. I would highly recommend John and his team to take care of your vehicle.

10/11/2016 Category: Service
2015 Hyundai Sonata service
I took my car to Jim Burke Hyundai to fix an open recall issue and to address a hissing noise my car makes when accelerating. Dropping the car off was very efficient and the shuttle service could not have been better. I was called about 2 later to let me know the hissing noise under the hood was a loose air filter cap that had fallen next to the battery and was making the hissing noise due to the wind under the hood as I accelerate. As soon as I merged on to the interstate the hissing noise was still there. Very disappointed that is was not fixed and now I have to take time off from work again and take my car somewhere else to correct the problem.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/14/2016

It is always our intent to give 5-Star customer service.  We regret we failed to do so in this case.  I understand John has contacted you and is attempting to correct your issue.  I hope you will reconsider your rating once it is.

SE
Sirarthur E.
2009 Hyundai Genesis
06/27/2016 Category: Service
Redeeming My Loyalty
Since my last review my issues are still currently being resolved, but I can say I am pleased with how it's being dealt with so far. I've had a great relationship with Jim Burke, and hope to maintain it. As Soon as this matter is 100% complete, I look forward to a continuous growing relationship with Jim Burke.

06/27/2016 Category: Service
Very disappointed
* See Detailed Review That Was Submitted*
-left car at dealership after waiting an hour and half to be told it could not be looked at. 6/16/16. No loaner car given or assistance.
-no follow up phone call on status of my car 6/17.
-6/18, I called dealership only to be told it will be Tuesday before my car is ready. No loaner car access.
-Tuesday 6/21, no one called me, I called the dealership only to be told my car is still not ready!
-Wednesday 6/22, I return to pick up my car, told to pay $470.00 for repairs, I get less than 2miles away, same issues still the same with the car! I went right back to the dealer, had to cause a major fuss just to get a loaner car. I'm promised my car will be ready when I'm Called to return. I left the dealership PAYING for Service and no indication that anything had been repaired.
-Saturday 6/25 I return to dealership after being told my car is fully repaired. 31+miles now added to my car but assured it was for testing, and assured 3X my car is ready for my road trip. I get 8min down the road from the dealership, and Again, my car runs hot, A/C goes out, check engine light comes on again!

It's now 6/28.....I'm still waiting on a follow up on my car...which I paid for already and Nothing has changed.
I had high hopes in Jim Burke, and have recommended other people to purchase from Jim Burke (2 of 3 did). I'm praying this matter is handled soon and in the correct manor.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/29/2016

We are currently in discussions with our customer in an attempt to resolve his issue.  We will update once a resolution is reached.

SN
Shirley N.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
06/15/2016 Category: Service
Thank you for responding to my survey.
I appreciate your quick response, and I am totally happy with the service since our conversation. I did use the wrong word "plug" instead of patch, but I understand what patch plug means. I have had an experience with "patch" before. Thank you for your service, and I am completely satisfied.

06/15/2016 Category: Service
Outrageous price to plug two tires Read comments on previous page.
See previous page for comments. Shirley Nix
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/15/2016

I am glad Eddie was able to discuss this matter with you and explain we don't just plug a tire, but patch it with a patch plug from the inside.  It is much safer.  Fortunately, we found a nail in another tire and was able to patch it, as well.  That is much better than going flat later.  We appreciate your business and your willingness to rescore us.  We want you to be completely satisfied on each and every visit.

05/16/2016 Category: Service
No issues
I will return.

05/16/2016 Category: Service
Satisfied Cusromer
I have no complaints. I will return.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 05/19/2016

It is always our intent to provide 5-Star service each & every visit to our Service Department.  It appears we did all the right things based on your comments.  We hope you will reconsider your rating.  We look forward to assisting you with your automotive needs in the future.

LW
Louis W.
12/21/2015 Category: Service
2015 Hyundai
Spoke with the service director Mr.Morris and my problem was solve if i would have spoken with him earlier i would not have written my review he came off as a very honest person and solve the problem i had.I am taking my SUV back tomorrow on 12/23/15 and i know it will be better this time just by speaking him.Louis Williams

12/21/2015 Category: Service
2015 Hyundai
I have 51,020 on my 2015 Hyundai Sante Fe and I wanted an oil change and filter my wife was told that she needed a tire rotation a tire rotation is at 7500 miles. I do not want your free oil change just the work my book call for at the mile I have.Then she was told an oil change would cost 48.00 plus tax my SUV is not a Lexus.I have had many Car and SUV and not one had ever been that high no wonder there are so many Express oil change places around.I did not get the service and had her bring the car back home.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 12/22/2015

Spoke with Mr. Williams regarding his services to be performed upon return 12/23.  We have an understanding regarding what service will be performed at 5150 miles and the cost associated with it.  He has agreed to reconsider his scoring on this matter.

John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 12/23/2015

Thank you for allowing me to talk with you and clear any misunderstanding we may have had.  I hope your wife's visit today was to her expectations.  We look forward to providing any automotive service need you & she may have in the future.  We appreciate you choosing Jim Burke.

Kelvin B.
Mount Olive, AL
2011 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
05/27/2015 Category: Service
Service Dept Is Great
Service Dept Is Great They need To teach Sales Managers How to be respectful. Tee Thomas needs manner classes.

05/27/2015 Category: Service
Management unprofessional
Sales manager was rude and cocky after I purchased my vehicle
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 05/27/2015

Spoke with our valued customer.  His concern is not with our Service Department.  He has stated he will be glad to rescore us.  We look forward to taking care of his automotive needs in the future.

EA
Edward A.
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/09/2019 Category: Service
Burke Hyundai service
Always prompt, courteous and helpful

12/09/2019 Category: Service
The customer service is super
Jim Burke treats you like a superstar the moment you walk in. They make sure you have a ride to where you are going and a ride when you return. They also give detailed updates on your vehicle.
MARY W H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 12/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to respond Mr. Price. We appreciate your business, as well as your detailed feedback.
Hope you have a Wonderful afternoon!