Overall Rating 4.7777778/5Overall Rating 4.7777778/5Overall Rating 4.7777778/5Overall Rating 4.7777778/5rating 4.7777778
Overall Rating 2.2777819/5Overall Rating 2.2777819/5rating 2.2777819rating 2.2777819rating 2.2777819

Jessica T.
Pinson, AL
2010 Hyundai Elantra
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Someone failed to order the part. It was a waste of time.
Nothing good to say
MARY H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 05/07/2019

We are very sorry about your experience.  Someone will be in contact with you shortly.  Have a nice evening.

GR
Gregory R.
Moody, AL
01/03/2019 Category: Service
God awful... They damage your car and refuse to fix it properly
This place is a joke.
MARY H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 01/05/2019

We apologize for your experience.  We are currently still waiting on our Hyundai Santa Fe Loaner to be returned to our service department. We will contact you as soon as it is available.  Have a wonderful weekend.

EB
Etungua K B.
2013 Hyundai Genesis
12/13/2018 Category: Service
Very unsatisfied
Unsatisfied customer
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 12/21/2018

my apologies for your experience
we are working hard to correct issues
and getting loaner vehicles in system

RT
Rebecca T.
09/25/2018
Still no response
I wrote a review on 9/7/18 regarding my fin(antenna cover) flying off while I was driving. I received an email saying it would be looked into and that someone would contact me. Well I have to say I’m not surprised, NO ONE has contacted to regarding the fin flying off while driving on the interstate and being told on a 2month old car with no scratches or damage I would be responsible for the $400+ repair.
MARY H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 09/27/2018

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  We apologize for your experience.  A manager will be in touch with you shortly.

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/30/2018

it was inspected and found broken at mounting screws - if you will drop by at your convenience i will be happy to inspect it myself
if there is any way i can get it covered i will - but please see me when you come in

WA
Windy A.
Trussville, AL
08/28/2018 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Unpleasant experience
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 08/28/2018
  1. sorry to hear about your experience
    someone from  management team will
    be in touch

2008 Hyundai Elantra
08/08/2018 Category: Service
Poor Customer Service
MARY H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 08/09/2018

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
We appreciate your feedback.  We apologize for your bad experience.  A manager will contact you shortly.
Have a wonderful day!

WC
William C.
2003 Hyundai Tiburon
05/07/2018 Category: Service
Maintenance performed on car
Pam
MARY H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 05/07/2018

Thank you for responding.
We apologize for your service experience not being exceptional.
A manager will be in touch with you in the morning.
Have a wonderful evening.

2011 Hyundai Genesis
03/05/2018 Category: Service
Disappointing
Jim Burke Hyundai's service center assessed my transmission as 'maybe' needing 'just a pan' but that it really wouldn't be worth trying because most likely I needed a new transmission. The numbers quoted for these were so astronomical that I heard laughter on the other end when I called 3 other local mechanics, all of whom said that it would always be worth trying to see if a pan fixed it, and that even the astronomical estimate for a new transmission was unheard of. I had the pan replaced for half of the estimate from the Jim Burke Hyundai service center and the car is running perfectly. Within seconds of examining the car and giving me these estimates, the service center also stated that my insurance company would probably want to total the car...this felt very much as though there were a conflict of interest in a dealership's service center suggesting within moments of to get me into buying a new car.
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 03/05/2018
  1. my apologies for your experience
    i will look into this and be in contact

PM
Pelham M.
02/12/2018 Category: Service
180 Degree Customer Service Experience
Originally, I was upset about our Sonata not getting its free oil change as it is supposed to for life, since I have it serviced there. There was some miscommunication and Jim Burke, especially Mr. Cruse, had my issue resolved within 30 minutes. These are fine people doing a great job...just be sure everyone understands how the 'Free Oil Change For Life' works...thank you once again for the prompt response and resolution!

02/12/2018 Category: Service
Liars.
Don't believe their service department. The free oil changes aren't free.
John C. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/12/2018

Spoke with customer and resolved our miscommunication on our part. Thank you for taking the time to listen to me and understand as well as accepting the decision we made in order to make it right! Thank you again and you have our apologies and we look forward to your continued business. Please reach out to me at 205-278-5972 for any other issues.

John L. Cruse

John C. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/12/2018

Thank you again for affording us the chance to correct our mistake!

John Cruse

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/14/2018

thank you so much !

2015 Hyundai Elantra
10/29/2017 Category: Service
Poor
Very rude
Heath F. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/30/2017

thanks for taking the time to respond. Our service manager will contact you for additional details.

Joey B.
Fairfield, AL
10/18/2017 Category: Service
Over charged and not in stock.
Had one tire patched- cost $44. Told the other tire had to be replaced, but they did not have the tires in stock (for one of the best selling cars you make). Took the car somewhere else. They said that the other tire could be easily patched. It did not need to be replaced. The cost for the patch? $10. Wow! That's a big difference.
Heath F. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/19/2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. A member of our service management team will contact you to obtain additional details.

RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/19/2017

good morning sir
sorry you are having to deal with tire issue
our policy on tire repair is to only do if it is
in an area away from side wall and only do
patch/plug from inside / we do not plug tires
and where the screw stuck in was beyond the
point that we allow repairs (this becomes a safety issue)
we have reached out to you and would like to speak with
you if you choose / again my apologies for tire not being in
stock and i hope you have a great day

10/05/2017 Category: Service
Horrible customer service
Need more customer service training
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/14/2017
  1. thank you for talking with me
    again my apologies for the experience
    you had and it will be addressed and
    wont happen again
    hope you have a great day

EB
Evelyn B.
06/26/2017 Category: Service
POOR SERVICE
I don't like feeling forced to recommended maintenance on my vehicle.
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 06/29/2017

i am sorry for your experience,
we can service your vehicle at your
request,however the free oil change for
life program clearly states the minimal
required maintenance must be performed,
its up to the customer to decide if this program
fits there need - we provide information to customer and let
them make decision - i apologize if you felt threatened it is not intended to do,again i apologize for your experience and i hope
we can make this work for you,

Gulfport, MS
02/14/2017 Category: Service
Just trying to get my money
Poor communication, just used a bunch of big words to try to get more of my money
John C. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 02/16/2017

We are sorry to hear of your less than ideal visit here at Jim Burke. We understand, per your conversation with the service advisor and service director, that the recommended services were based on the mileage and age of the vehicle. This Multipoint inspection is performed on every vehicle that enters our shop as a courtesy and protection to our valued customers. During the conversations today we were advised that you took the vehicle to another dealer prior to the service at Jim Burke, you stated you have (since the service) taken the vehicle to another dealer, and now that you will be going to another dealer Friday for a second opinion leaving a little confusion as to when, when will, or if that has occurred!  We are open to that feedback from another source and are also willing to reperform the Multi Point Inspection again and show you in person what services were suggested and why. Most vehicles with over 100K miles have multiple maintenance items that are suggested to be performed and without a history to go off of we can simply only base that in time/mileage. However, none of these, as we agreed, could or would be used as a scare tactic as no repairs were suggested. We simply assist customers to take the best care possible of their vehicles as suggested by the manufacturer.  Thank you for your time today and we wish you the best going forward.

Cassandra H.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
01/17/2017 Category: Service
Prices are terrible and a ripoff
Free oil change a joke
Eddie H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 01/17/2017

Thank you for your time. As we discussed the maintenance on your vehicle is a very important lifeline for the longevity of any automobile. We at Jim Burke strive to give the best possible customer service at all times. We look forward to helping you with any and all future needs !!!

LT
Lashoan T.
Tuscaloosa, AL
01/03/2017 Category: Service
Resolved
Happy Camper

01/03/2017 Category: Service
Bad
Every since i got my car serviced, it burns gas horribly!!! They acted as if they didn't care when i called. I have never had this problem before until i came there for service.
Eddie H. from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 01/03/2017

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me about your recent service. I hope your situation with your vehicle is rectified with what was discussed. Hope you have a wonderful and happy new year !!

New Orleans, LA
12/11/2016 Category: Service
Reimbursement Of Additional Expense
The service department managers: Eddie and Rusty displayed great concern to my complaint and pursued necessary steps to reimburse my expenses for having the oil spillage cleaned.

12/11/2016 Category: Service
Oil Change
I received a dirty oil change and I incurred an additional cost at a different Hyundai shop to have the issue resolved. I wasn't informed by Jim Burke's service department that this oil spillage had occured. I learned of it from the oil-smell permeating the inside of my car when driving.
RUSTY P., service manager from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 12/12/2016

again i am sorry for the inconvenience this caused,thank you for giving me a chance to resolve this issue and hope you and yours have a great holiday season

Alabama
2015 Hyundai Veloster
10/26/2016 Category: Service
Communication
Communications with service, receptionist & service advisors is horrible!

Sidney C.
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/19/2016 Category: Service

10/19/2016 Category: Service
Mr.Eddie was professional and helpful
I thought this was another website I give it 5 star
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/19/2016

We appreciate you for choosing Jim Burke for your automotive service.  Our goal is to always provide 5-Star service.  Thank you for talking with Eddie, working out the details of your recent visit and giving us reconsideration.  We are at your assistance if you need us in the future.

John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/19/2016

Once again, thank you so very much!

BT
Beth T.
Hayden, AL
10/11/2016 Category: Service
Excellent customer service
John Cruse went out of his way to fix my 2015 Sonata and make me a loyal and satisfied customer of Jim Burke Hyundai. I would highly recommend John and his team to take care of your vehicle.

10/11/2016 Category: Service
2015 Hyundai Sonata service
I took my car to Jim Burke Hyundai to fix an open recall issue and to address a hissing noise my car makes when accelerating. Dropping the car off was very efficient and the shuttle service could not have been better. I was called about 2 later to let me know the hissing noise under the hood was a loose air filter cap that had fallen next to the battery and was making the hissing noise due to the wind under the hood as I accelerate. As soon as I merged on to the interstate the hissing noise was still there. Very disappointed that is was not fixed and now I have to take time off from work again and take my car somewhere else to correct the problem.
John M., Service Director from Jim Burke Hyundai responded on 10/14/2016

It is always our intent to give 5-Star customer service.  We regret we failed to do so in this case.  I understand John has contacted you and is attempting to correct your issue.  I hope you will reconsider your rating once it is.