IR
San Diego, CA
Land Rover Range Rover
03/21/2020
Ray Frey is simply the BEST and very Trustworthy
Ray Frey is the absolute best auto repair place there is. Everything the man says is the truth and he gives you great advice (even if it’s not what you wanted to hear: “the vehicle is getting too old to be spending this much money on, even if it is your baby...it’s just a piece of metal and it can not love you back”.) He is direct and he gives his experienced/educated opinion, right between the eyes! He gave me the best deal possible and he and his staff went to great lengths to find me used quality parts and charged me LESS THAN 50% Of what the dealership would have charged. They called me daily with updates and their service was fast and exemplary! Do yourself a favor, if you don’t have a mechanic you positively love, than try Ray Frey Automotive, because you are going to love this guy! He oversees all the work that’s done at his place and it’s perfection from the checking in, the assessment / diagnosis of the problem, mechanical work done, explaining what was done, showing you parts replaced, walking you through any questions, and Theresa ( his wife) goes through the billing with the same awesome customer service, and you leave happy and confident, because they have gone that extra EXTRA mile.

Sandy M.
San Diego, CA
Hyundai Tucson
08/24/2014
Lectures unappreciated
It seemed like three of you ganged up on me in the waiting room about the amount of miles between oil changes. It was embarrassing and the other people waiting were staring. The mfg listed oil changes at 7500 miles & that's what I've done since day one. Then Ray came out later and gave me another lecture. Come on....I'm old enough to not need this!!!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 08/25/2014

Sandy, we're so sorry that you were embarrassed by our "lectures". We just want to make sure our customers know trhe importance of low cost oil changes to make sure your vehicle investment last a long time. Ray has been doing this work for over 35 years and finds that oil changes should be done every 3,000 miles for regular oil and 5,000 miles for synthetic oil. The dealer does usually recommend longer intervals but with our customer's as well as our personal vehicles this has not proven to be the best maintenance for the vehicles. Vehicles last much longer with less engine issues if the maintenance is done with the frequency outlined above. Again, we apologize for the lectures and appreciate your long time business at the shop.