LN
Lynn N.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/16/2018
Recent service on a VW Jetta
Fast service and knowledgeable owner. Recommended to me by Helen Leibowitz who has been a customer at Ray Frey previously and like their honesty. She told me to go there after I felt I had been ripped off by a AAA tow truck driver who overrode my request to go to a certain repair shop and took me to one on El Cajon Blvd. That felt like a set up when we got there and also the owner kept trying to add onto the bill.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 02/18/2018

Thanks Lynn for coming in from the request of a friend. We hope we exceeded your expectations and look forward to seeing you again when your car needs service. We appreciate your business.

LW
Les W.
BMW 328i
03/09/2017
Always Helpful
Ray Frey's is always helpful when it comes to getting my car in and out quickly. I live by deadlines, so that's great. They do good work.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 03/10/2017

Thanks Les, we appreciate your business.

LI
Lolita I.
Spring Valley, CA
Mazda MPV
03/03/2017
brake job
I hope the new brakes will last for a while. I had my brake job done about a year ago at my neighborhood shop.
Just a little note that the guys in the car wash should do a better job in washing & vacuuming. It might be free but it is part of your good service. Thank you.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 03/06/2017

Thank Lolita for the feedback on the car wash. We are working on improving that area. We appreciate your business.

Diana M.
01/13/2017
Repairs & Maintenance
Ray's staff (especially the mechanics) are knowledgeable, informative & understand that sometimes we can't always afford what is necessary to repair older vehicles but also know which parts MUST be replaced for safety reasons and what can wait to be fixed; as in our situation with our F-350 Super Duty.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/15/2017

Glad we could help with your F-350's needed repairs. Thank you for your loyalty. Have a great New Year.

Crystal S.
Subaru Impreza WRX
01/08/2017
Ray is honest and blunt about what needs or doesn't need to be done.
I just came in for an oil change, a tire rotation, and my 30k service, but left with a ton more knowledge about my car. I must have asked Ray a billion questions about why different things were going wrong with my car and because he was so informative, I was able to take this knowledge to the dealership and have them fix everything under warranty. I was probably already having these problems, but wasn't being informed by the dealership since they took one look and found the problems immediately. I did have to drop them down to four stars because they put regular oil in my car instead of the required synthetic oil. It's a little understandable since the model name can be deceiving (I have a Subaru Impreza WRX, which is often shortened to just Subaru Impreza), but I feel like the giant hood scoop and turbocharger should be indicative that the car may require synthetic oil. They were happy to correct the mistake free of charge when I told them about it though.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/09/2017

Sorry about the oil mistake Crystal but you can always be assured we stand behind our work and will make it right. Also happy we saved you a little money by being able to get some of your needed repairs done under warranty. Have a terrific New Year, see you next time your car needs servicing.

BW
Barbara W.
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
04/06/2016
Oil Change
Was able to stop by for my car's oil change. Even though I had to wait, it still didn't take to long.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 04/06/2016

Thanks for coming in Barbara, always good to see you.

LC

Jane Z.
Jeep Liberty
01/21/2016
Tells it like it is.
Got a scolding because I was a shot glass of oil away from blowing my engine. I would rather be scolded and and urged to change my neglectful ways, than no warning and go away to ruin my car next time. Quick fan fix, reasonable pricing. Very nice to have car washed too!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/21/2016

Sorry about the scolding but we're glad that it was caught in time. Enjoy your clean car and thank you for your business.

RP
Robert P.
Honda Fit
10/17/2015
Communication?
We were told the exterior waxing would be done in a couple of hours, but had to call five hours later to ask whether it was ready.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/22/2015

Robert, I am so sorry that we did not complete your detail in the estimated time frame nor did we call you to update you on the new timeline. Hopefully you were satisfied with the work though. We get busy sometimes and time gets away from us unfortunately. Please accept my apologies and come by for a free cas wash next time you are in the area.
Teresa Frey

John S.
09/18/2015
They are honest and only do what's required and the recommend maintenance repairs for the future.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/21/2015

Thanks John, always a pleasure to see you.

AG
Ashley G.
Chevrolet Cavalier
07/03/2015
great customer service!
My family has been going to ray Frey auto center for as long as I can remember. Every time I go, they get me in and out quickly. I went today and they squeezed me in before they went to lunch. Great customer service!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 07/04/2015

Ashley, glad we outperformed ourselves today. Thank you to you & your family for your long time business.

Diana M.
03/18/2015
Ray will accommodate valued clients.
Seems like every time we're in his shop with a vehicle it's nothing less than $500; but we know that he can be trusted & he'll tell you what is needed & what you can forego.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 03/24/2015

Diana, you are definitely a valued client and we appreciate your long time patronage.

LI
Lolita I.
Spring Valley, CA
Mazda MPV
01/12/2015
Excellent customer service
Ray Frey is an excellent mechanic/owner of this shop. The employees are friendly and helpful especially Lizette. (:
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/13/2015

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal customer. We appreciate your business. Happy New Year.

RZ
Roger Z.
Chevrolet Silverado
08/18/2014
Oil & Lube - done in timely manner
Done on time, with a car wash, and for a very reasonable price.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 08/19/2014

Roger - thanks for your review, we are pleased that you liked our timeliness of the work and our prices. We look forward to helping you with all of your future car repairs.

Dale H.
05/29/2014
BMW rerpairs
It would be nice to have a more comfortable chair to sit in with a pillow, having to wait hours and hours for your car to get fixed :) Just nudge me if I am snoring. As always great service.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 05/29/2014

Dale, next time just call ahead and Ray will bring in a bed for you! Seriously we're glad you liked the service and we appreciate your business.

Jose C.
Chula Vista, CA
Chevrolet Camaro
03/31/2014 Category: Service
Jose said they seemed busy and flustered. There was confusion between employees. He does love the car wash offered with the service.

Dale H.
12/24/2013
break pads replaced
as always the "OLD MAN" is never around when you need him *_*
As always great service from all the workers

Jeff C.
Volkswagen Jetta
11/16/2013 Category: Service
Jeff said he likes the fact this business is very versatile. They are small but they can do a lot of things.

Ken M.
Poway, CA
Ford Expedition
09/25/2013
a 4 since it was first time.
All went well.

I was informed about the car while Ray had it.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/25/2013

Thank you for being a new customer, we look forward to earning all of your future business.