LW
Linda W.
Nissan Xterra
09/23/2020
Nissan
I have been taking my car here for the past several years and have been satisfied every time.
This particular time there was a problem and Ray and I had differences of opinion but we were able to resolve our differences and I left as a satisfied customer.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/25/2020

We are so pleased you and Ray came to an understanding. We know there are differences of opinion from time to time and appreciate that it got resolved. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we appreciate your business.

KG
Karen G.
09/16/2020
Honest & Trustworthy
So this is not the least expensive place to go, BUT an honest mechanic is worth a bit more. Sadly, my baby could not be repaired because she's just old. Ray told me not to waste more money "putting lipstick on a pig." As hard as it was to hear that, I get it. He could have taken $2k from me, because I love my car, but he really convinced me it was a bad decision.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/21/2020

Sorry about having to part with your "old" car. We do tell it like it is and don't want you wasting your money. We look forward to seeing what you decide to buy. We can take a look at the vehicle before you buy and give it a complete check out for around $60.00. We appreciate your trust.

Monique C.
Dodge Charger
06/26/2019
Very close and personal so you understand
Friendly knowledgeable helpful to understand
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 06/30/2019

Monique, we are happy we could help you understand what your car needed. Thank you for your business.

Charles H.
06/01/2019
Good service. Reliable work
I have coming to ray for years. He can be blunt but he's honest and stand by his work. I bring g all my cars here
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 06/02/2019

Thank you CHarles, we appreciate your busines and look forward to seeing you next time.

Ron G.
Santee, CA
04/23/2019
New clutch
After my appointment, I noticed my clock was 20 minutes off= battery must have been disconnected??????????????? Issue is that now my engine light is off and on sporadically, like it used to do. Nothing new, and it would be nice if it stayed off as I am preparing to sell it. Soon, when I have time, would like oil change. It's due. And if someone can remedy that light, I would be very grateful. I am thinking it perhaps strange, but I love my new firm quiet clutch. Thank you.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 04/25/2019

You're welcome Ron, we appreciate your business. See you next time.

LN
Lynn N.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/16/2018
Recent service on a VW Jetta
Fast service and knowledgeable owner. Recommended to me by Helen Leibowitz who has been a customer at Ray Frey previously and like their honesty. She told me to go there after I felt I had been ripped off by a AAA tow truck driver who overrode my request to go to a certain repair shop and took me to one on El Cajon Blvd. That felt like a set up when we got there and also the owner kept trying to add onto the bill.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 02/18/2018

Thanks Lynn for coming in from the request of a friend. We hope we exceeded your expectations and look forward to seeing you again when your car needs service. We appreciate your business.

LW
Les W.
BMW 328i
03/09/2017
Always Helpful
Ray Frey's is always helpful when it comes to getting my car in and out quickly. I live by deadlines, so that's great. They do good work.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 03/10/2017

Thanks Les, we appreciate your business.

LI
Lolita I.
Spring Valley, CA
Mazda MPV
03/03/2017
brake job
I hope the new brakes will last for a while. I had my brake job done about a year ago at my neighborhood shop.
Just a little note that the guys in the car wash should do a better job in washing & vacuuming. It might be free but it is part of your good service. Thank you.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 03/06/2017

Thank Lolita for the feedback on the car wash. We are working on improving that area. We appreciate your business.

Diana M.
01/13/2017
Repairs & Maintenance
Ray's staff (especially the mechanics) are knowledgeable, informative & understand that sometimes we can't always afford what is necessary to repair older vehicles but also know which parts MUST be replaced for safety reasons and what can wait to be fixed; as in our situation with our F-350 Super Duty.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/15/2017

Glad we could help with your F-350's needed repairs. Thank you for your loyalty. Have a great New Year.

Crystal S.
Subaru Impreza WRX
01/08/2017
Ray is honest and blunt about what needs or doesn't need to be done.
I just came in for an oil change, a tire rotation, and my 30k service, but left with a ton more knowledge about my car. I must have asked Ray a billion questions about why different things were going wrong with my car and because he was so informative, I was able to take this knowledge to the dealership and have them fix everything under warranty. I was probably already having these problems, but wasn't being informed by the dealership since they took one look and found the problems immediately. I did have to drop them down to four stars because they put regular oil in my car instead of the required synthetic oil. It's a little understandable since the model name can be deceiving (I have a Subaru Impreza WRX, which is often shortened to just Subaru Impreza), but I feel like the giant hood scoop and turbocharger should be indicative that the car may require synthetic oil. They were happy to correct the mistake free of charge when I told them about it though.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/09/2017

Sorry about the oil mistake Crystal but you can always be assured we stand behind our work and will make it right. Also happy we saved you a little money by being able to get some of your needed repairs done under warranty. Have a terrific New Year, see you next time your car needs servicing.

BW
Barbara W.
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
04/06/2016
Oil Change
Was able to stop by for my car's oil change. Even though I had to wait, it still didn't take to long.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 04/06/2016

Thanks for coming in Barbara, always good to see you.

LC

Jane Z.
Jeep Liberty
01/21/2016
Tells it like it is.
Got a scolding because I was a shot glass of oil away from blowing my engine. I would rather be scolded and and urged to change my neglectful ways, than no warning and go away to ruin my car next time. Quick fan fix, reasonable pricing. Very nice to have car washed too!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/21/2016

Sorry about the scolding but we're glad that it was caught in time. Enjoy your clean car and thank you for your business.

RP
Robert P.
Honda Fit
10/17/2015
Communication?
We were told the exterior waxing would be done in a couple of hours, but had to call five hours later to ask whether it was ready.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/22/2015

Robert, I am so sorry that we did not complete your detail in the estimated time frame nor did we call you to update you on the new timeline. Hopefully you were satisfied with the work though. We get busy sometimes and time gets away from us unfortunately. Please accept my apologies and come by for a free cas wash next time you are in the area.
Teresa Frey

John S.
09/18/2015
They are honest and only do what's required and the recommend maintenance repairs for the future.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/21/2015

Thanks John, always a pleasure to see you.