Lakeside, CA

WW
Wilbur W.
BMW 318ti
Reliable and trustworthy
Started going to Ray Frey's for smog checks and subsequently for other work on our vehicles. Honest and friendly staff! Service you can trust!

Jessica D.
Always kinds and helpful
Ray and his team are always kind and patient with communicating to the customers what is wrong with their vehicles as well as letting us know what we need to do to fix them. My parents used Ray's auto shop years ago when they lived in San Diego after moving back here myself I find that everything they said was true about him being honest and helpful.

Christine W.
30,000 mile device
Now in ‘The Time of Quarantine’ it’s not important than ever to support your local mechanics. They too are are small business and still need your business. Now it’s more important than ever to maintain your vehicle(s) and Ray & Crew are there to help keep you vehicle(s) in tip top shape!

AH
Andy H.
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Great service as always.

BC
Bill C.
Lexus ES 330
Friendly, prompt service
A friend recommended Ray Frey. Friend been going to Ray for years and won’t even buy a car without talking to him.
Glad I went and I will continue!

03/26/2020
Great business
Very helpful and great customer service.

Kibbee M.
Toyota Celica
03/25/2020
Honest diagnosis and fair prices
I’ve had nothing but satisfying service at Ray Frey’s Auto Center Inc. It’s refreshing to drive away with a good sound running vehicle and at a decent price too!

WS
Walter S.
Chula Vista, CA
03/25/2020
Excellent, Reliable, Honest service
We have been taking our cars to Ray Frey since he opened his business something like 40 years ago. I think the MOST IMPORTANT thing we can say is this. Over 40 years & multiple vehicles, the service has ALWAYS been excellent. Maintenance of our cars is affordable, high quality and reliable. Never a push for something not needed. In fact, when we ask "if this or that" would be recommended, Ray never said yes just so he could make more $$$. He professionally would say that's good but your car doesn't need it. Who does that??? Not someone looking out for what's best for their customers as opposed to making an extra $$$.
If you take your vehicles anywhere else, you have no idea what you are missing.

By the way, we aren't family. This is an honest, customer review. Of course, over time, Ray does know us when we come to his business for service. He has become a friend who earned our trust. One last thing. The cars Ray keeps in perfect running condition are now getting up in years--like us. A '97 Ford Explorer; an '05 Honda and a Kit car. All are in perfect running condition I am SO HAPPY to say. Thank you Ray and your team.

IR
Ida R.
Land Rover Range Rover
03/21/2020
Ray Frey is simply the BEST and very Trustworthy
Ray Frey is the absolute best auto repair place there is. Everything the man says is the truth and he gives you great advice (even if it’s not what you wanted to hear: “the vehicle is getting too old to be spending this much money on, even if it is your baby...it’s just a piece of metal and it can not love you back”.) He is direct and he gives his experienced/educated opinion, right between the eyes! He gave me the best deal possible and he and his staff went to great lengths to find me used quality parts and charged me LESS THAN 50% Of what the dealership would have charged. They called me daily with updates and their service was fast and exemplary! Do yourself a favor, if you don’t have a mechanic you positively love, than try Ray Frey Automotive, because you are going to love this guy! He oversees all the work that’s done at his place and it’s perfection from the checking in, the assessment / diagnosis of the problem, mechanical work done, explaining what was done, showing you parts replaced, walking you through any questions, and Theresa ( his wife) goes through the billing with the same awesome customer service, and you leave happy and confident, because they have gone that extra EXTRA mile.

Mike P.
Kia Sorento
11/22/2019
Service of my vehicle
Very honest people and they go the extra mile for you.

LaRee B.
06/06/2019
Top Notch Service!
Do you need an honest and very competent service center for your vehicle? Look no further. Ray Frey is where you should go. Live had both of my Honda's serviced here and the work is well done and they are honest as can be. I thought my vehicle also needed an oil change when I brought it in for some other major service. I was told it didn't need an oil change. Seems my husband had someone change the oil not too long before I brought it in and I didn't know about it. It is a little thing, but one I appreciate. I know that Ray Frey is looking out and being honest. I had a high dollar amount of work done to my 1994 Honda Accord and they even did a full detail on the car as a courtesy! I was so impressed. What a wonderful team of service they have!

Allen B.
Escondido, CA
GMC Acadia
04/30/2019
Very Professional & Friendly
Every time I go there I’m treated very well by professionals. They get me in and out very fast with no hold ups! And the car wash is an extra bonus.

Jason S.
INFINITI JX35
03/27/2019
Always Great Service
Without a doubt always A++ Service. We got lucky as my husband's office is next door to Ray Frey Auto Center. His office uses Ray Frey Auto for their entire fleet of service vehicles and trucks. Even when hubby retires, we will still remain a loyal customer of Ray Frey. Do yourself a favor and visit Ray and his team for excellent, honest and timely services.

BMW 325i